Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #2536
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just wanted to check in now and try my best to catch up, Yes I am behind again trying to overcome another of my funk periods(the 1 yr anniversary of my DS Shawn's day Feb 13 is fast approaching)

Still have not booked our F&W trip yet but have discussed the dates more with Bob, leaning towards early Nov for the cooler temps hopefully will just have to avoid the last weekend as I know the crowds at F&W are crazy with it also being Veteren's Day. Poly is still #1, CR TPV is under consideration

It started snowing here about 8am and everything is already covered praying the power stays on.

Everyone in Nemo's path stay safe and warm

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #2537
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I'm so lost but, I can't even try to catch up....but I miss all of you!!!! Hope everyone in the path of Nemo stays safe and warm!
So that is what was up with the picture of Nemo on FB. I had no idea what was up with it. I don't watch a lot of tv on actual tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Iheart: Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner but HOORAY for Poly CL!!!

Poll for all my RC ladies....should we add Park Hoppers to our tickets for May???? I know we will be spending a lot of any free time we have at SAB, but being so close to Epcot and HS, it would be nice to take advantage of that. Not sure what to do....Help!!

Jen
You could always add them while you are there, if you need them. That way you don't pay for something you don't use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just wanted to check in now and try my best to catch up, Yes I am behind again trying to overcome another of my funk periods(the 1 yr anniversary of my DS Shawn's day Feb 13 is fast approaching)
I'm so sorry. I am sure it will be a rough day.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #2538
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Still have not booked our F&W trip yet but have discussed the dates more with Bob, leaning towards early Nov for the cooler temps hopefully will just have to avoid the last weekend as I know the crowds at F&W are crazy with it also being Veteren's Day. Poly is still #1, CR TPV is under consideration

It started snowing here about 8am and everything is already covered praying the power stays on.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #2539
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Iheart: Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner but HOORAY for Poly CL!!!

Poll for all my RC ladies....should we add Park Hoppers to our tickets for May???? I know we will be spending a lot of any free time we have at SAB, but being so close to Epcot and HS, it would be nice to take advantage of that. Not sure what to do....Help!!

Jen
For us, hoppers are a must at an Epcot resort. Our perfect day is a park in the AM for rides, SAB all afternoon, clean up and hit the lounge for apps, then head over to Epcot for the evening.

Quote:

Oh Sheila, I wish I could say or do something to ease even a tiny little bit of your pain. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #2540
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning..
can you imagine WHY ON EARTH would anyone name a horrible white stuff from the sky storm after a sweet little orange and white fishie....geesh...
we are experiencing a little clipper off the coast of Maine that got here by accident...the real big storm is on our doorstep according to the weather guy on tv..then we are in for it all...three storms go figure...
we have food and lamps are ready to light up if we need it...telephone wont go out this storm as we changed to fairpoint instead of time warner....hubby has the snowblower ready..but wont touch the snow until tomorrow at least...no sense in moving snow that will get blown right back at ya...

Hope the rest of the snow peeps stay safe too..

Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #2541
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeanette: Violin? How lovely!
I am so very proud of her. With her anxiety..this is huge! She also signed up for chorus, her idea...she CAN carry a tune (unlike her momma)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Yay for your DS!

There is just something about being on monorail. :

My boys still think I'm the best thing since sliced bread. I squint my eyes and skim really fast over stuff like this. It won't happen to me...it won't happen to me....
DS12 is still my cuddlemuffin...but the tude is in full force !!!

I text DH Poly pics all day!!! I can't wait!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I rechecked today, and figured out why there was a difference. The YC is pool/lagoon view, and they didn't have garden view. The BC has garden view available. I can always just book the BC, and put in a request for a full balcony. I have never had a request not fulfilled, and hopefully with it being a slower time of the year it will help.

It'll be FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Congratulations seem to be in order to DetTigsGal's DS and Pas' DS for making Wind Ensemble!! They are going to ROCK it out!! And Good Luck to HRH on her concert next week!!
She's so funny...she said they sound horrible...outta the mouths of babes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

"may" be??

Pas, we'll get you to FL this year or bust!! And yes, best not to tell DH about December now.... maybe tell him Dec 1??
I meant you may be in Nov...I am SO going

I will drive to work and end up at the airport maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
We just got our refund from the IRS. Crazy, yes?
... so I just spent about 10 minutes trying to price out a late October trip on the new site.
Did u book!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Jeanette I say tell him about the Dec trip when you get back!!! Just tell him you're working a lot of days that month!!! Just sayin .... cheap trip at the timeshare! Not to mention the great company!
I like the way you think!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I actually made it through a day without making a change. I'm glad I got rid of Cl. I may even cancel Universal and just do the beach. This could be my cheapest WDW vacation ever. I have the money, but I have done everything I want to do at WDW. Our September vacation was my dream vacation. I can't top it. Is it Disney burnout? The only thing that gets me excited is the idea of a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy.
Just time to mix it up a bit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Janet and Pas- thanks for the congrats for J. He is pretty excited.

Pas- congrats to your son and hope hrh enjoys her concert- my older son played the violin from 4th grade until he graduated
DH really wants to switch to flute..I played flute 4th-11th grade as well. I did alto sax in marching band and piccolo...and I told him flute and sax are pretty interchangable...I have a future Kenny G (if he practiced more) He did Cello 3rd &4th grade

Quote:
I think I'm suffering from work burnout more than WDW burnout. I'm really starting to think I need to go back to working part time for a few months, and scale back on my spending. I'm taking all of next week off for a little staycation. I haven't done that in a long time. 6 days without the alarm clock going off at 4:30am. I can't wait.
I had one of those.....5 days off..it was wonderful
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins View Post
completely off topic...just have to see if I'm the only one... my kids think I'm crazy. Everytime I see the super bowl commercial. You know the you just won the super bowl ... I'm going to Disney World one. I get goose bumps... my kids think it's so funny... I know I can't be alone here right?!?!
Not alone at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I'm so lost but, I can't even try to catch up....but I miss all of you!!!! Hope everyone in the path of Nemo stays safe and warm!
Your live TR is keeping me warm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
So RCers, I bought DH a Richard Petty driving experience for his bday, which falls (with our anniversary) when we are at WDW soon. Hope he likes it! Hope his insurance is paid up!
Hope he likes it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
2 feet??? Bring it on.
I'll be stranded at work until Sunday night Kids have a half day today for some fun before I head out at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post

Quote:
Bring it on Nemo!! School is closed here too! Going to be a lazy day here, and lots of the kids going in and out of the snow!
I wish I was off tonight

Quote:

Jen
I don't do park hoppers...I try to plan around EMH etc...its $250 for the 5 of you right? I'd think how much you'll really want to hop and think if it's worth it..I mean that's a night at the Sandcastle Club and an Epcot dinner...just an idea

Quote:

I saw that Shawn's anniversary is coming Funkiness is allowed this week....seeing Melissa's pics makes it so hard not to want to be at CR ....

Bree kept saying this morning...we will SO lose power mommy...then DH said she heardit on the news
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #2542
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning..
can you imagine WHY ON EARTH would anyone name a horrible white stuff from the sky storm after a sweet little orange and white fishie....geesh...
we are experiencing a little clipper off the coast of Maine that got here by accident...the real big storm is on our doorstep according to the weather guy on tv..then we are in for it all...three storms go figure...
we have food and lamps are ready to light up if we need it...telephone wont go out this storm as we changed to fairpoint instead of time warner....hubby has the snowblower ready..but wont touch the snow until tomorrow at least...no sense in moving snow that will get blown right back at ya...

Hope the rest of the snow peeps stay safe too..
We were supposed to get rain until afternoon...yep...all snow so far

Stay safe as well
Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2543
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sending you hugs Sheila, I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel, but I am thinking of you.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #2544
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input on the PH, not sure, but I would love to be able to stroll over to Epcot on a whim. But as it is our first time in the area, we will want to explore the Boardwalk at night too. What to do....
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #2545
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

My DD's have emptied every craft material possible onto my kitchen table and then attempted to clean it up, worked together to do it too. Now they are outside jumping on eachother in the snow. My house is a mess, but I don't care!! Which is weird for me. I am trying to change my ways...really. They are not fighting and are just having fun.

My mom called and I told her what was going on over here, and she said "You are so lucky". And she is right! Messes don't matter.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #2546
padawans
DIS Veteran

Sheila So sorry.

PAS I go through periods where I love to work, and periods where I start to wonder if it's all worth it.

Jen I was wondering why your not getting AP's if your going back in Dec? If not park hoppers are the way to go.

I heart The monorail is the best. Poly cl is the best.

I'm going to keep telling myself I do not need Club level. If I say it enough I will believe it.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #2547
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A great big hug to you from all your RC family.

I'm hearing rumors that some of the RCers might be at WDW the first week of Nov .... or that's at least a maybe! Since I've decided that a spring trip is just out of the question (too much puppy training going on) I've been checking on a little trip for DH and I .... and maybe DD too. Sounds like a good week for you and Bob too!

So I'm a little slow this morning ... Jeanette is that Jersey week?

Stay safe everyone!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #2548
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sheila So sorry.

PAS I go through periods where I love to work, and periods where I start to wonder if it's all worth it.

Jen I was wondering why your not getting AP's if your going back in Dec? If not park hoppers are the way to go.

I heart The monorail is the best. Poly cl is the best.

I'm going to keep telling myself I do not need Club level. If I say it enough I will believe it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #2549
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning little snow bunnies.

Please, send all extra snow back this way. I will gladly accept delivery.

Trying to fashion a good reply-post for all the chatting that went on yesterday and this morning before I head off to be tortured...

-----------------

Sheila: Thinking of you and sending you

Pas: *AND* HRH plays the violin? Yep, I think I was right about the RC family being full of musical prodigies. I'm sorry you'll be stuck at work.

Wookie: Let me just say WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for booking BC. SAB SAB SAB!

Melissa: Loving the report, have to go catch up though.

Jen: Tent-trailer soon to be hotel camping? You guys'll have a ton of fun, I know it. Oh, I just read the first post in that thread you linked to... because when I saw the subject matter, I just knew it'd bring out the crazies.

Linda: How did Samwise (best "best friend" name ever, by the way) do at school?

Janet: Your suggestion to have Pas tell her DH about the December trip on Dec. 1st...

Magic: Oooooh, I always hear those guys roaring around when we're near the Poly. Hope the city boy can handle it!

Hugs to all of ya and some extra to the lovelies I didn't make it to (I really type far too slow ) : I_Heart, Pumba, Candace, Padawans, DetTigsGal and anyone else I missed.

Back later!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #2550
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the input on the PH, not sure, but I would love to be able to stroll over to Epcot on a whim. But as it is our first time in the area, we will want to explore the Boardwalk at night too. What to do....
All good Jen! You can add on at the resort or Guest Services!!!

Quote:
My DD's have emptied every craft material possible onto my kitchen table and then attempted to clean it up, worked together to do it too. Now they are outside jumping on eachother in the snow. My house is a mess, but I don't care!! Which is weird for me. I am trying to change my ways...really. They are not fighting and are just having fun.

My mom called and I told her what was going on over here, and she said "You are so lucky". And she is right! Messes don't matter.
Sounds fun!!!

Quote:

I am in a work funk myself....I just keep swimming, just keep swimming

I (for today) am OK with not being CL...we really don't need it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm hearing rumors that some of the RCers might be at WDW the first week of Nov .... or that's at least a maybe! Since I've decided that a spring trip is just out of the question (too much puppy training going on) I've been checking on a little trip for DH and I .... and maybe DD too. Sounds like a good week for you and Bob too!

So I'm a little slow this morning ... Jeanette is that Jersey week?

Stay safe everyone!
It's Jersey Week!! Kids are off Tues, Thurs & Fri...andI plan to head home BEFORE the weekend (although depending on the 1st MVMCP...I MAY add a night)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: