Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #2371
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am thinking that we would replace it with a non character breakfast as even my kids find character meals to be of poor food quality, and chaotic, lol!
Candace, How 'bout Kona? And even though you were thinking "no character" we absolutely love the O'hana breakfast! Great food, great character interaction. I find it less hectic, than say Chef Mickeys (but we also like that one too ).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #2372
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Janet!

Thanks for asking, all the DD's are feeling good and going to school today! DD4 still has a cough but no more fever, thank goodness. All is well!

Well, I blurted out about our May trip last night to a co-worker. She knew about our Nov trip, and was shocked to hear we are going in May too. I tried explaining to DH that I feel awkward sometimes talking about our trips to certain friends. They are deeply in debt, and I can see the wheels turning about how we can afford it. I tried to downplay it all. I know, I should be proud of the fact that we can do this, but it is hard when people are giving you their silent disapproval.

OH WELL!! We are excited...!

Have a great day all!

Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #2373
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Us too...when someone says...."you are going to Disney AGAIN??" Gasp..rofl..and we say yup...
I remember the year we went in April, then September, (9/11 came home at one am on that day) and then again in December and then April ..we were checking out resorts for our family to go to...Ended up in a suite at the Dolphin...But people think we are nuts..
WHY I wonder..hahaha..

it is 18 again this morning...at least it isnt below zero like it is predicting for the end of this week...YUCK

Have a good day..

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #2374
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
Us too...when someone says...."you are going to Disney AGAIN??" Gasp..rofl..and we say yup...
I remember the year we went in April, then September, (9/11 came home at one am on that day) and then again in December and then April ..we were checking out resorts for our family to go to...Ended up in a suite at the Dolphin...But people think we are nuts..
WHY I wonder..hahaha..

it is 18 again this morning...at least it isnt below zero like it is predicting for the end of this week...YUCK

Have a good day..
It was also said that "You guys really need to go somewhere else don't you think??"

I replied that yes, someday we hoped to do more 'world' traveling, but right now WDW was our favorite. It is just funny to me, I would never question someone else's family plans, just not me. Oh well....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #2375
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We get it from our families, they figure when we go on vacation we should visit them. Not that they ever visit us, they are too busy going other places . I don't even want to hear what they will say when we tell them we are going again in June - after T'giving and not going back to MI for Christmas because we went with the band to Disney -
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #2376
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Candace, How 'bout Kona? And even though you were thinking "no character" we absolutely love the O'hana breakfast! Great food, great character interaction. I find it less hectic, than say Chef Mickeys (but we also like that one too ).
I think we have scrapped the whole breakfast thing now. We are not big breakfast eaters anyway, so we will just eat in the lounge. DH came home yesterday wanting to discuss dining reservations....really??? 2 months out???

Anyway, I ended up adding 50's PT Diner at his request. We were pretty sure we had eaten there but I don't think we have. I think we were thinking of when we ate at H&V and they share bathrooms right??? Anyway, the menu looks yum and DH wants to give it a shot, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Janet!

Thanks for asking, all the DD's are feeling good and going to school today! DD4 still has a cough but no more fever, thank goodness. All is well!

Well, I blurted out about our May trip last night to a co-worker. She knew about our Nov trip, and was shocked to hear we are going in May too. I tried explaining to DH that I feel awkward sometimes talking about our trips to certain friends. They are deeply in debt, and I can see the wheels turning about how we can afford it. I tried to downplay it all. I know, I should be proud of the fact that we can do this, but it is hard when people are giving you their silent disapproval.

Have a great day all!

Jen
So glad the girls are feeling better!!!

I hear ya on the whole "you're going back again" thing. Funny, that is something that we always get from the BFF's who are now going, but they are getting so excited about the trip, it's awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We get it from our families, they figure when we go on vacation we should visit them. Not that they ever visit us, they are too busy going other places . I don't even want to hear what they will say when we tell them we are going again in June - after T'giving and not going back to MI for Christmas because we went with the band to Disney -
My family always expects us to travel down to see them too...but funny thing is...we do...We have flown down there 3 times in the past 1.5 years, and the last time they came up was probably about 2.5 years ago...

My mom won't come up now, because we have the cat...she's allergic, but really??? So, just expects us to come down there. But, you know what??? There are hotels...I don't mean to be mean, but c'mon. Anyway, they will have to wait until we are good and ready to come down again. We have done our part and the plane flies both ways and our next plane flies to Orlando!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #2377
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately, we very much dislike Akershus.

Bad experience there...

I am thinking that we would replace it with a non character breakfast as even my kids find character meals to be of poor food quality, and chaotic, lol!
We did a early ADR there, the food...meh, but it wasn't full yet so we had great Princess interaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, been meaning to tell you how much I like this "Bree-ism"!! I found myself saying it this weekend on Sam who looked at me like.. .what??

I'm also thankful YOU are feeling much better! And the weekend's over for you! And will the November trip stick my friend??
Bree-ism She is too much !!!!

This trip has to stick...Brian does not believe I won't change...and Bree said we should go to Pop we had fun there

Quote:
Hi Janet!

Have a great day all!

Jen
Glad the girls are back to school

It is hard, but I know how hard we work for our trip...I hate even mentioning it sometimes but everyone knows it's my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
WHY I wonder..hahaha..

Have a good day..
It's almost May!!!!!

Quote:
It was also said that "You guys really need to go somewhere else don't you think??"

I replied that yes, someday we hoped to do more 'world' traveling, but right now WDW was our favorite. It is just funny to me, I would never question someone else's family plans, just not me. Oh well....
I always say I do my world traveling at Epcot at WS....and it's probably cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Our vacations are about happy family time...and Disney is our happy place!!! It's all good
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #2378
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We did a early ADR there, the food...meh, but it wasn't full yet so we had great Princess interaction

Bree-ism She is too much !!!!

This trip has to stick...Brian does not believe I won't change...and Bree said we should go to Pop we had fun there

Glad the girls are back to school

It is hard, but I know how hard we work for our trip...I hate even mentioning it sometimes but everyone knows it's my thing

It's almost May!!!!!

I always say I do my world traveling at Epcot at WS....and it's probably cheaper

Our vacations are about happy family time...and Disney is our happy place!!! It's all good
The princesses were great at Akershus! We went for lunch, but bad food....bad, bad, food.

Let's just say, still frozen in the middle meatballs...
And hot dogs my kids wouldn't even eat....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #2379
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So I keep thinking, for our Nov dates, if we are super dee duper lucky and the bounceback offer is still available when we are there in May....maybe we will not do AoA and try the GF instead!!!

Although maybe we will go super frugal and do POR instead. Ack.... I can't get the GF out of my mind though and DD6 is fascinated with it there.

I got a quote from the Magical Vacation people, and although they had no promotions for the week we want to go, she gave me a quote for Thanksgiving week at the GF that was about $900 cheaper than on the Disney site. Too bad, the higher crowds would kill us then.

What to do.....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #2380
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The princesses were great at Akershus! We went for lunch, but bad food....bad, bad, food.

Let's just say, still frozen in the middle meatballs...
And hot dogs my kids wouldn't even eat....
BF wasn't great either IMO

Quote:
So I keep thinking, for our Nov dates, if we are super dee duper lucky and the bounceback offer is still available when we are there in May....maybe we will not do AoA and try the GF instead!!!

Although maybe we will go super frugal and do POR instead. Ack.... I can't get the GF out of my mind though and DD6 is fascinated with it there.

I got a quote from the Magical Vacation people, and although they had no promotions for the week we want to go, she gave me a quote for Thanksgiving week at the GF that was about $900 cheaper than on the Disney site. Too bad, the higher crowds would kill us then.

What to do.....
Ahhhhhh the Grand Bree and DS4 AND DS12 want to go...but DH not so much

Whatever you do...do not get a quote for the last week of August for GF.......
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #2381
padawans
DIS Veteran

Janet You should have just left it up. Holiday season is only 9 months away.

Pas The Poly really? I hope the discounts are better than this Spring. Do you still have your BB or did you use it already?

Pumba I love the food board. Not only am I a resort snob, but I'm also a restaurant snob. I love the signature restaurants. WDW will never be a cheap vacation for my family.

Jen Do you have AP's? Were you able to get the AP discount at BC in May? I don't tell people we are going to WDW. I have gone without telling my family. I should not have to defend my vacations choices. I usually just change the subject when my mom starts to go on one of her tangents about how we should do other things.

One thing Disney does well is return your money. The money is already back on my CC. Did you know you can pay off a room only online now? The cm told me that last week. I thought she was wrong, but I checked you can actually do it.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #2382
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Janet You should have just left it up. Holiday season is only 9 months away.

Pas The Poly really? I hope the discounts are better than this Spring. Do you still have your BB or did you use it already?

Pumba I love the food board. Not only am I a resort snob, but I'm also a restaurant snob. I love the signature restaurants. WDW will never be a cheap vacation for my family.

Jen Do you have AP's? Were you able to get the AP discount at BC in May? I don't tell people we are going to WDW. I have gone without telling my family. I should not have to defend my vacations choices. I usually just change the subject when my mom starts to go on one of her tangents about how we should do other things.

One thing Disney does well is return your money. The money is already back on my CC. Did you know you can pay off a room only online now? The cm told me that last week. I thought she was wrong, but I checked you can actually do it.

No I booked with the spring promo room discount/ticket discount. We decided against AP's. Good call on not telling others about your trips, that was my original plan, but it slipped out.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #2383
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Pas The Poly really? I hope the discounts are better than this Spring. Do you still have your BB or did you use it already? .
No BB, using an agency discount
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #2384
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What to do.....
Guest services told me it would be out until June. We have gone the last 4 Mays and there has always been a BB offer in our room. I think your chances are good. Have you checked the dates. The current BB is posted somewhere on the discount board. Not a lot of dates offered in Nov and December.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #2385
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
No BB, using an agency discount
That's great. A TA discount I'm assuming. If it's 50% off maybe you should stay at RPC.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: