Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #2296
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks, Wookie. I'm just glad I can manage to get the details out of her when these things happen so I can help sort through them. Worrying a bunch over things I can't control and trying to manage from a distance seem to be on the agenda for me.

I really love going in September. Even with the heat (which shouldn't be a big thing for Texas folk!), the crowd levels are so manageable. I'm sticking with my "September" vote for you if this conference thing turns out to be a bust. I always find when I accompany the hubs on a work trip, I had wished it had been a real vacation (with all "us" time instead of only a small percentage of "us" time) -- of course, taking university trips aren't exactly the same as Disney!
Well if I DH had his way, it would be just he and I going. Then I would have to sit in on classes and take extremely detailed notes. No matter if we both go to the conference the plan was still to go in September. At least I think my DH knows that would still be the plan. I think if we used are polar neck wrap thingies and I use my **** tubes, the heat shouldn't be too terrible. I'm just looking forward to the lower crowds. We have been over Spring Break, early June, and mid October.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #2297
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I've created a monster!!! MUAHHAHAHAHA

So, my BFF and her family who are now going to Disney at the same time as us is officially a resort changer!!!!
She has made fun of me over all of these years and now look at her! I couldn't be prouder.
She changed her reservations from 4/18-4/26 at POR, to 4/18-4/25 at YC (in a GV room)!!! Now they'll be at our resort!!!
She was worried about her kids being jealous of the pool, and I fed the flames with how I feel that her and her DH would be happier at YC (I really do believe this). I was really actually nervous that they would stay at POR and knowing them, come back hating Disney.
This isn't their first time, but it's just not their thing. I think they will love the YC though! I am such a bad influence!!!
When she was ready to make the change, I jumped up to make the call for her (since she booked with the Spring offer, she needed to call to make the changes). So much fun!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #2298
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, my BFF and her family who are now going to Disney at the same time as us is officially a resort changer!!!!
She has made fun of me over all of these years and now look at her! I couldn't be prouder.
She changed her reservations from 4/18-4/26 at POR, to 4/18-4/25 at YC (in a GV room)!!! Now they'll be at our resort!!!
She was worried about her kids being jealous of the pool, and I fed the flames with how I feel that her and her DH would be happier at YC (I really do believe this). I was really actually nervous that they would stay at POR and knowing them, come back hating Disney.
This isn't their first time, but it's just not their thing. I think they will love the YC though! I am such a bad influence!!!
When she was ready to make the change, I jumped up to make the call for her (since she booked with the Spring offer, she needed to call to make the changes). So much fun!!!
I think this is a smart move! Now you will all be closer and even if you split up during the day, you can all relax by the pool together at night, or wandering around the Boardwalk. Very good Candace!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #2299
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I think this is a smart move! Now you will all be closer and even if you split up during the day, you can all relax by the pool together at night, or wandering around the Boardwalk. Very good Candace!
It took ALOT of convincing but this is great! I know that our kids would have a hard time being apart from each other so this is perfect!!!

And, it all started when I went into her cubicle this morning (we work together) and saw her on the Disney website pricing things out....I got all

She saw the price difference and nearly but ultimately decided it would be best for her family. So, they dropped a night and upgraded to YC. Now, I am just secretly praying that they are pixie dusted with a free CL upgrade! That would be amazing!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #2300
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

It took ALOT of convincing but this is great! I know that our kids would have a hard time being apart from each other so this is perfect!!!

And, it all started when I went into her cubicle this morning (we work together) and saw her on the Disney website pricing things out....I got all

She saw the price difference and nearly but ultimately decided it would be best for her family. So, they dropped a night and upgraded to YC. Now, I am just secretly praying that they are pixie dusted with a free CL upgrade! That would be amazing!!!
Maybe if you link the two reservations some how, it might increase their chances.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #2301
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Maybe if you link the two reservations some how, it might increase their chances.
Oooooooooh, good idea!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #2302
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know, I was so disappointed to hear that, especially since we have taken so many vacations there and spent so much money there!!

I have been thinking about it all day and decided to just take the chance and cancel our WDW reservations. I'm going to see if they can make some sort of exception and refund me the full $200, I highly doubt that will happen though but it's worth asking, I mean it's not like we decided to go with another company, it's still booked through disney, just a different experience. I am set on the cruise!! The one we're planning on taking is the Western Caribbean on Fantasy. I cannot wait!!! I'll have to call and book it tomorrow night!
I think your plans sound great. If it wasn't for my AP's I would be doing the same thing. I think all my changing is because I have run out of ways to make it interesting. I'm so ready for some new adventures. I'm planning on doing the Eastern and Western next year. I think one will be on Disney and one on RCI. I have got a lot of research to do. I have been to Cozumel and Cancun three times so I think we'll do the Eastern first. I'm also looking forward to getting back to Hawaii. I have been there 5 times, but a few days at Aulani would be great. Have fun planning your cruise. I can't wait to here all about it.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #2303
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi my friends! sorry I've been MIA for awhile, but I pulled another 2 days of overtime, on top of my 2 normal days, so I've worked every day this week. Thankfully I am off tomorrow, i am getting sick (sore throat, cough) thanks to DH just coming off a vicious chest virus. I hope it gets conked out ASAP! I hate being sick! Tomorrow I have to take the Subaru in for its first oil change ($135.00 ) but it needs to be done to keep the warranty valid.

Thanks Lacey and Gwynne for the birthday wishes! it was a nice evening after work -- DH and DS's took me to dinner, then on the way home, DH said "do you want your bday present?" And told me to pull off the road to Future Shop. We got inside and he said "choose an IPad " so I got a new 16gb wifi iPad 4 I only use if for surfing the net, my did boards and email, so I was fine with the 16GB At least I'm hoping its enough storage for my needs! It was a nice surprise! And I love the speed -- so much faster than my gen 1 iPad (which is now DH's ... Poor guy, always gets the hand me downs, even with cell phones, )

My DS told me yesterday that he wants to do Disney LAST for our DL trip. Because he thinks Disney will be the most fun!, so we are now switching things around and planning To arrive Sunday, Universal Monday, Knotts berry farm Tuesday, WED, Thursday, Friday Disney, then Sat home. I like this new order

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #2304
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi my friends! sorry I've been MIA for awhile, but I pulled another 2 days of overtime, on top of my 2 normal days, so I've worked every day this week. Thankfully I am off tomorrow, i am getting sick (sore throat, cough) thanks to DH just coming off a vicious chest virus. I hope it gets conked out ASAP! I hate being sick! Tomorrow I have to take the Subaru in for its first oil change ($135.00 ) but it needs to be done to keep the warranty valid.

Thanks Lacey and Gwynne for the birthday wishes! it was a nice evening after work -- DH and DS's took me to dinner, then on the way home, DH said "do you want your bday present?" And told me to pull off the road to Future Shop. We got inside and he said "choose an IPad " so I got a new 16gb wifi iPad 4 I only use if for surfing the net, my did boards and email, so I was fine with the 16GB At least I'm hoping its enough storage for my needs! It was a nice surprise! And I love the speed -- so much faster than my gen 1 iPad (which is now DH's ... Poor guy, always gets the hand me downs, even with cell phones, )

My DS told me yesterday that he wants to do Disney LAST for our DL trip. Because he thinks Disney will be the most fun!, so we are now switching things around and planning To arrive Sunday, Universal Monday, Knotts berry farm Tuesday, WED, Thursday, Friday Disney, then Sat home. I like this new order
Happy Belated Birthday! Congrats on the new ipad! I hope you feel better soon!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #2305
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hellooooooooooooo and good afternoon, RC Goddesses!

How are the east coast folks with all that crazy weather from yesterday?

at the funny kiddo sayings. Mine's stuck on "Orange Peanut" from the Bad Lip Reading video. I'm really not encouraging her.

I'm so behind -- sorry my dears! Miss M has taken to fits of major Drama Queen lately and I'm at a loss when she's like this.
Emotional changes, I guess?

My mom's been a bit of a handful lately -- which I am starting to attribute to her dementia. It's been kinda hard to deal with since we live so far apart so everything is me telling her things over the phone only to have it happen again in the not-so-distant future. (Her latest hi-jinx has come from taking online "surveys" then ordering products. Before that was a time-share scam followed by a donation scam. My dad is less-than-helpful to say the least as he has never been in charge of the finances so is totally clueless to what goes on or what to look for.) I can say one thing for certain, she's keeping me on my toes. Blah. Sorry for complaining and whining.

Tell me something fun... who has changed and to what?! And, did I notice someone will be having TWO trips next year?

I hope to get started on the October "Not-So-Secret Secret Birthday" Celebration for the hubs after taxes are sorted.
So sorry you are dealing with this. Big hugs to you.

I am thinking of changing our Pop reservation after the cruise to BC. I am really looking forward to F&W so it makes sense to be there, plus paying for TWO rooms at Pop won't be much cheaper than one room at BC with my discount. I'm thinking we will forego CL this time around as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It sounds like a super fun trip!

My BFF has been planning to come with us for about 6 years now. Her excuse is always that she "can't afford it." I know it really isn't my business but it makes me so mad that she always blows her tax return on dumb stuff for herself and never does anything with her son. He's never been on vacation ANYWHERE. I feel bad for him. I get that Disney is expensive, but there's ways to make it more affordable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I think your plans sound great. If it wasn't for my AP's I would be doing the same thing. I think all my changing is because I have run out of ways to make it interesting. I'm so ready for some new adventures. I'm planning on doing the Eastern and Western next year. I think one will be on Disney and one on RCI. I have got a lot of research to do. I have been to Cozumel and Cancun three times so I think we'll do the Eastern first. I'm also looking forward to getting back to Hawaii. I have been there 5 times, but a few days at Aulani would be great. Have fun planning your cruise. I can't wait to here all about it.
That's what we are doing also! We are doing eastern on the Fantasy this Fall and western on RCI next year. I looked into the Breakaway on NCL. It stays in Bermuda for 3 nights. No thanks!!!

Quote:

I am SO happy you had a great time on your birthday. You totally deserve it! Your DL plans sound pretty solid. I have been tossing around the idea of flying to Vegas for 3 or 4 nights, then heading to DL for 3 nights, then flying home. It would be just my friend and I though and Danimal is SO not having it lol. He wants to go to DL with me so badly because he wants to see Cars Land. If I could get my mom on the trip I would gladly bring the kids along, but I can't go to Vegas without a sitter. I need someone to watch them while I spend 16 hours a day playing blackjack.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #2306
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats on the iPad!!! Hope your feeling better! I was lucky to catch me a stomach virus..and I am working all weekend Hope the vomiting stops soon...

Quote:
Hellooooooooooooo and good afternoon, RC Goddesses!

How are the east coast folks with all that crazy weather from yesterday?

at the funny kiddo sayings. Mine's stuck on "Orange Peanut" from the Bad Lip Reading video. I'm really not encouraging her.

I'm so behind -- sorry my dears! Miss M has taken to fits of major Drama Queen lately and I'm at a loss when she's like this. Emotional changes, I guess?

My mom's been a bit of a handful lately -- which I am starting to attribute to her dementia. It's been kinda hard to deal with since we live so far apart so everything is me telling her things over the phone only to have it happen again in the not-so-distant future. (Her latest hi-jinx has come from taking online "surveys" then ordering products. Before that was a time-share scam followed by a donation scam. My dad is less-than-helpful to say the least as he has never been in charge of the finances so is totally clueless to what goes on or what to look for.) I can say one thing for certain, she's keeping me on my toes. Blah. Sorry for complaining and whining.

Tell me something fun... who has changed and to what?! And, did I notice someone will be having TWO trips next year?

I hope to get started on the October "Not-So-Secret Secret Birthday" Celebration for the hubs after taxes are sorted.
So sorry you're going through this with your mom! Hubs mentioned wanting to change to October....he's making ME

to all! Now off to check out spring ap rates

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #2307
letthewookiewin

Quote:

Thanks, that reminds me that I need to check to see if I need to get an oil change in the MV. I honestly don't remember when I did it last. I just don't drive the thing that much daily. I could almost go 5 days without moving my car once, since I do the sahm thing and the DSs ride the bus to and from school.

Quote:
Happy late birthday!! I had thought about getting an iPad, since my ebooks for school can go on it. Then I found out I could put them on a Kindle Fire, and that one of those instead. It's cheaper, I can post on the DIS, get other books, and movies. Which reminds me that I need to finish watching Brave today.

Quote:
Your plan sounds great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
My BFF has been planning to come with us for about 6 years now. Her excuse is always that she "can't afford it." I know it really isn't my business but it makes me so mad that she always blows her tax return on dumb stuff for herself and never does anything with her son. He's never been on vacation ANYWHERE. I feel bad for him. I get that Disney is expensive, but there's ways to make it more affordable.
My bil & sil were the same way. I wanted them to go with us so badly, but they kept saying it was "too much money". Then they took a vacation to Dollywood. When they got back, the bil figured it up and said that it cost as much as the WDW trips I had priced for them. My mil said the difference was they went with them, so instead of the bil & sil just paying for stuff with just his family of 3, they paid for the 5 of them. Of course they would wait until after my sil got in a fight and I'm no longer speaking to them, to take my nephew on a "secret" trip that everyone knew about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I am SO happy you had a great time on your birthday. You totally deserve it! Your DL plans sound pretty solid. I have been tossing around the idea of flying to Vegas for 3 or 4 nights, then heading to DL for 3 nights, then flying home. It would be just my friend and I though and Danimal is SO not having it lol. He wants to go to DL with me so badly because he wants to see Cars Land. If I could get my mom on the trip I would gladly bring the kids along, but I can't go to Vegas without a sitter. I need someone to watch them while I spend 16 hours a day playing blackjack.
The DH and I are the same way in Vegas. That is our favorite game to play. When we went the last time (for our 10th wedding anniversary) we never walked away from a blackjack table without winning money. We had a 2 person system that worked for us. Of course, we ended up spending the money, but it was fun!!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #2308
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Thanks, that reminds me that I need to check to see if I need to get an oil change in the MV. I honestly don't remember when I did it last. I just don't drive the thing that much daily. I could almost go 5 days without moving my car once, since I do the sahm thing and the DSs ride the bus to and from school.

Happy late birthday!! I had thought about getting an iPad, since my ebooks for school can go on it. Then I found out I could put them on a Kindle Fire, and that one of those instead. It's cheaper, I can post on the DIS, get other books, and movies. Which reminds me that I need to finish watching Brave today.

Your plan sounds great!!

My bil & sil were the same way. I wanted them to go with us so badly, but they kept saying it was "too much money". Then they took a vacation to Dollywood. When they got back, the bil figured it up and said that it cost as much as the WDW trips I had priced for them. My mil said the difference was they went with them, so instead of the bil & sil just paying for stuff with just his family of 3, they paid for the 5 of them. Of course they would wait until after my sil got in a fight and I'm no longer speaking to them, to take my nephew on a "secret" trip that everyone knew about.

The DH and I are the same way in Vegas. That is our favorite game to play. When we went the last time (for our 10th wedding anniversary) we never walked away from a blackjack table without winning money. We had a 2 person system that worked for us. Of course, we ended up spending the money, but it was fun!!
That is just awful. I can't believe how family members can be so sneaky and almost malicious.I might be on the market for some new relatives, care to be adopted? lol

Vegas is my favorite "adult" vacation. I've even gone out there by myself. No one wanted to go and I had a 4 night comp at the Palazzo so I booked airfare and went. It was a BLAST!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #2309
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Oil change I need to do that too. Drove by the dealership this am and said to myself...you wanted to get the oil changed on Wednesday, you need to make the appt I have to get out of the house everyday - even in snowstorms- so my 6 month old Jeep now has 10,000 miles on it!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #2310
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I am back and almost functioning after my vacation .... even managed to get my hair cut and colored yesterday.

We do have some news here .... a little background first. July of 2011 we lost our 15 year old Golden Retriever and then in November 2012 my 16 year old Malamute passed away too. We had known for awhile that DH might qualify for a service dog but as long as we had my old slow princess we couldn't bring a puppy into the house. Anyway while I was on vacation DH got the final approval for the service dog. I managed to find an available puppy associated with the training program the VA found for him and ...... he drove 3 1/2 hours and got the puppy. I was greeted at the airport with lots of love and puppy kisses!!! He is the cutest little Labradoodle! If I knew how to post pictures I would but we all know how much trouble I had posting the orange bird kook sent me .... remember all the detailed instructions .... I'm sure none of you want to read thru all of that again!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: