Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #2281
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
He claims that is what the conference people want. They do have mandatory receptions and such at night, but it doesn't say you have to stay the entire time. He says the only discount Disney tickets they offer are for before and after. Ummm, no I looked and they are offering the after 2 PM and after 4 PM tickets. My fil isn't exactly reasonable when it comes to working for him. When I worked for him before, doing his scheduling, he expected me to answer the phone from 7 AM to 7 PM Monday - Thursday, 7 AM to 5 PM on Friday (b/c I left the phone with him on the weekend) and then I only made $110 per week.
Oh my, that's awful!!!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #2282
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

DznyCrzy11 - THat stinks about the insurance But as for cruising, we love RCCL, we have sailed on the Freedom, Oasis, and Allure!!! Great cruise line!!! I am happy to answer anything I can about them.

Melissa
I know, I was so disappointed to hear that, especially since we have taken so many vacations there and spent so much money there!!

I have been thinking about it all day and decided to just take the chance and cancel our WDW reservations. I'm going to see if they can make some sort of exception and refund me the full $200, I highly doubt that will happen though but it's worth asking, I mean it's not like we decided to go with another company, it's still booked through disney, just a different experience. I am set on the cruise!! The one we're planning on taking is the Western Caribbean on Fantasy. I cannot wait!!! I'll have to call and book it tomorrow night!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #2283
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hmmm..this does make sense. Maybe your DH knows what he is talking about.
Your right, that doesn't make sense. Which makes twice in one day with him, if you include his sudden obsession with getting back to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
This is pretty much how my work conventions are. If I want to do something in the area, I have to add days before or after. That means I have to pay for the extra hotel days. That also means I don't do it often ;-)
I wish that was an option. It's a five day conference, plus we have to have 2 days at the start and end to drive there and back. I know it may be petty, but I told my DH if they go without me, they are not allowed to drive my MV. They will either have to take his dad's truck or his work car (a Kia Rondo). Honestly, if it were the week of the boys Spring Break, I would just take them with us, but it's the week before. Then the boys and I could have done the parks while the DH was in the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I agree with your dh. It's cool to game with dad, not cool to be mushy about mom. But, I understand the hurt feelings so big hugs!
That's true. I guess I just need to face the fact they aren't babies anymore.
Thanks y'all really made me feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Oh my, that's awful!!!!
Yeah, he's a pretty unreasonable boss. When I did work for him, he made me cry at least once a week, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know, I was so disappointed to hear that, especially since we have taken so many vacations there and spent so much money there!!

I have been thinking about it all day and decided to just take the chance and cancel our WDW reservations. I'm going to see if they can make some sort of exception and refund me the full $200, I highly doubt that will happen though but it's worth asking, I mean it's not like we decided to go with another company, it's still booked through disney, just a different experience. I am set on the cruise!! The one we're planning on taking is the Western Caribbean on Fantasy. I cannot wait!!! I'll have to call and book it tomorrow night!
Sounds like fun!! All of my men want to go on a cruise, but the DH wasn't to do one without the kids first.

Well y'all have a good night. I'm going to take a nice hot shower and then get to bed. My appointment with my doctor is in the AM.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #2284
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good morning RC family It is a dreary, rainy morning here, so perfect for catching up on the Dis before I have to get in the shower and get moving today. I really love when I come back from dropping the kiddos at school and DH has left and the house is just quiet and I can enjoy a cup of coffee and my laptop

Jeanette - I love Bree's sayings Andrew (DS20) used to blurt out "Potato salad" and "Butter Toast" just to get a reaction from us, we still laugh about it. They really do say the funniest things.

i_heart - we had Universal AP's last year and the kids enjoyed it, and I think it made them look forward to Disney that much more after taking some time off. They are asking to go back to US/IoA, so I do think we will look into those again in the fall. My parents are also moving an hour from Busch Gardens, and the kids haven't been there yet, so that may be an option for us as well

Wookie -thank you for thinking of me with the GF Dis apps I do actually have one, Gluten Free Dining Disney, as well as a ton of websites bookmarked. I am really looking forward to not cooking for 5 days As for DS, it is a boy thing, it takes a while for them to realize all you do for them. Unfortunately dad's usually get to be the fun parent and we get to be the disciplinarians with homework, etc. I know it hurts, but you know deep down he loves you!

KOOK - I am sorry you didn't meet up with any RC peeps in Ikea

Wookie and KOOK - it sounds like I was lucky not to have the mag sulfate, but I did have Brethine (terbutaline) with DS20 and it was no fun, I remember calling it Bad Brethine

Miss - How was open house? Sounds like you have the same thrills and excitement in adulthood as I do

DznyCrzy11 - you are going to have a great time on the cruise It is really like no other vacation!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #2285
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie -thank you for thinking of me with the GF Dis apps I do actually have one, Gluten Free Dining Disney, as well as a ton of websites bookmarked. I am really looking forward to not cooking for 5 days As for DS, it is a boy thing, it takes a while for them to realize all you do for them. Unfortunately dad's usually get to be the fun parent and we get to be the disciplinarians with homework, etc. I know it hurts, but you know deep down he loves you!
I'm glad you found it. Luckily, the DH is the disciplinarian, but I do get stuck with the homework.

Quote:
Wookie and KOOK - it sounds like I was lucky not to have the mag sulfate, but I did have Brethine (terbutaline) with DS20 and it was no fun, I remember calling it Bad Brethine

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa
Yeah, it is a pretty nasty drug.

Well as soon as I get JM off to school, I have to get dressed for my doctor's appointment. Then I have to get the tags for my MV, before coming home to do school work. This morning my mil asked if I was planning on going to the store, and I told her no. I lied because if I tell her, yes, then I know she will give me a long list of things and I have been to the store for her once already this week. I'm just going to get my tags from Tom Thumb, since it should be easier.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #2286
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good afternoon All
Jeanette

Behind in my reading as usual but I had to comment on Brea's sayings.... I love the cannoli reference, she is precious!
She is such a cutie pie. The only downside is it's very hard to say no and hold your ground..she knows how to work it...and she KNOWS she is adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
What a sweet little girl. No changes. Poly CL isn't available or 10 nights. I didn't check for a split though. Probably won't entertain that until I'm sure I can get a discount on both parts. I should have booked 2 BB's since I know I won't want to end up staying in only one resort.
That is a good point..book 2 BB! Last year I had the BB for our WL room, and the AP rate for the GF room (that we never stayed in ) You never know...Poly with BB and YC with a RO offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's now 71 here and getting really w i n d y... Hope no one was affected by the tornadoes, etc...

Magnesium Sulfate is awful - especially in Korea

Could just be because he's a boy. Seriously, I know you're worried and I think the ENT will straighten everything out
Trying not to worry

Hope the winds didn't knock anything down in NoVA...just a lot of branches here.

Magnesium I always warn my patients about it so they know what to expect. My nurse told me not to get out of bed(which I knew) but I hated the bedside commode...so when DH left I snuck to the bathroom...and passed out My nurse and Dr. were ready to strangle me...luckily just a bump on my noggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Got an Open House at school tonight ( ) then throw some dinner down everyone's gobs and I'm going to bed! Ah, the never-ending excitement and thrills of adulthood.
Good times, good times

Quote:
ok, y'all are mom's so I want to see if this thing with the fil has me over emotional.

I was helping the oldest DS with a speech and the topic was "about me". He had two main points and he needed a third. I suggested talking about how he was born early and how small he was. After I helped him, I read what he wrote. In the family section he put how close he was to his dad and how they love to game together. All he said about me was I take care of his grandparents.

I'm the one that takes him to early football practice. I am the one that helps him with homework. It just made me sad.
Mom's aren't cool...they ar in the privacy of home with cuddles and snacks...but at school...they don't wanna be "Mama's Boys" Good luck at the Doc!!!

Quote:
Jeanette - I love Bree's sayings Andrew (DS20) used to blurt out "Potato salad" and "Butter Toast" just to get a reaction from us, we still laugh about it. They really do say the funniest things.

Melissa
I am going to start blurting out Potato Salad at work... I love it!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #2287
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Magnesium I always warn my patients about it so they know what to expect. My nurse told me not to get out of bed(which I knew) but I hated the bedside commode...so when DH left I snuck to the bathroom...and passed out My nurse and Dr. were ready to strangle me...luckily just a bump on my noggin

I assume you work in maternity, I work mother/baby ( so lucky, I absolutely love my job)
It's a terrible drug, we keep a foley in our Mag. Pt.'s.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #2288
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
I assume you work in maternity, I work mother/baby ( so lucky, I absolutely love my job)
I am an ER nurse. I did a brief stint in L&D, but we give it to our bad asthmatics and some cardiac patients as well...not the continuous just the bolus. Awwwww mother/baby One dayI really wanna be a nursery nurse
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #2289
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Mom's aren't cool...they ar in the privacy of home with cuddles and snacks...but at school...they don't wanna be "Mama's Boys" Good luck at the Doc!!!
True. Plus I do know he loves me and really is a Mama's Boy. I mean for his birthday all he wanted to do was snuggle with me. The only reason he would get out of bed is that I told him I couldn't convince the Chinese buffet he wanted for lunch, wouldn't bring itself to my bedroom.

Quote:

I know for part of the time on it, I was able to get up and go to the bathroom. At some point they did put a foley in, but I don't remember when that was. I was rarely alone in my room. I usually always had my DH and my mil (a nurse) with me. That was one great thing about my mil, she took off work in order to stay with me and my DH.

ok, now I am shutting down the laptop for reals this time and getting to the doctor.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #2290
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Always wanted to do ER but never did, went from meg/surg/oncology to Mother baby and have never looked back. My kids are 13 & 10 so I love to get my baby fix at work

Quote:
I am an ER nurse. I did a brief stint in L&D, but we give it to our bad asthmatics and some cardiac patients as well...not the continuous just the bolus. Awwwww mother/baby One dayI really wanna be a nursery nurse
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #2291
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
True. Plus I do know he loves me and really is a Mama's Boy. I mean for his birthday all he wanted to do was snuggle with me. The only reason he would get out of bed is that I told him I couldn't convince the Chinese buffet he wanted for lunch, wouldn't bring itself to my bedroom.

I know for part of the time on it, I was able to get up and go to the bathroom. At some point they did put a foley in, but I don't remember when that was. I was rarely alone in my room. I usually always had my DH and my mil (a nurse) with me. That was one great thing about my mil, she took off work in order to stay with me and my DH.

ok, now I am shutting down the laptop for reals this time and getting to the doctor.
That's how my DS12 is..I pray it never changes but realistically..he will grow up

Go to the doctor

Quote:
Always wanted to do ER but never did, went from meg/surg/oncology to Mother baby and have never looked back. My kids are 13 & 10 so I love to get my baby fix at work
I started in oncology too broke my heart...never wanted to do ER, but I am best under pressure and have a short attention span..so it's perfect. My old manager saw something in me and asked for 6 months just to give the ER a chance...that was 1999 My youngest is 4...so I get my baby fix at work too
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #2292
letthewookiewin

Quote:
That's how my DS12 is..I pray it never changes but realistically..he will grow up
Well my oldest DS is 15 and he still loves to snuggle. When he gets home from school, the first thing he does is come into my room for a snuggle.

Quote:
Go to the doctor
Yes ma'am. I was at the doc's office when I read that. He didn't think the nose bleeds were blood pressure related, but allergy. The next time I'm in (6 mos from now) he wants to draw blood to check my cholesterol. He said, "There's no need getting your blood pressure straightened out if your arteries clog and your cholesterol kills ya."

Quote:
I started in oncology too broke my heart...never wanted to do ER, but I am best under pressure and have a short attention span..so it's perfect. My old manager saw something in me and asked for 6 months just to give the ER a chance...that was 1999 My youngest is 4...so I get my baby fix at work too
You nurses are such a special group of people. I thought about going to school to become a nurse, but didn't. When I was in the hospital with Joey, the one nurse that made me feel like everything was going to be ok was the one that had been through the same thing when she was pregnant with her first son. She wore his high school football button on her scrubs and proudly told me he was over 6 ft tall. Needles makes me sick to my tummy, and then I remember how terrible my DH was to my nurses when I was in the hospital while I was pregnant with Joey.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #2293
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hellooooooooooooo and good afternoon, RC Goddesses!

How are the east coast folks with all that crazy weather from yesterday?

at the funny kiddo sayings. Mine's stuck on "Orange Peanut" from the Bad Lip Reading video. I'm really not encouraging her.

I'm so behind -- sorry my dears! Miss M has taken to fits of major Drama Queen lately and I'm at a loss when she's like this. Emotional changes, I guess?

My mom's been a bit of a handful lately -- which I am starting to attribute to her dementia. It's been kinda hard to deal with since we live so far apart so everything is me telling her things over the phone only to have it happen again in the not-so-distant future. (Her latest hi-jinx has come from taking online "surveys" then ordering products. Before that was a time-share scam followed by a donation scam. My dad is less-than-helpful to say the least as he has never been in charge of the finances so is totally clueless to what goes on or what to look for.) I can say one thing for certain, she's keeping me on my toes. Blah. Sorry for complaining and whining.

Tell me something fun... who has changed and to what?! And, did I notice someone will be having TWO trips next year?

I hope to get started on the October "Not-So-Secret Secret Birthday" Celebration for the hubs after taxes are sorted.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #2294
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hellooooooooooooo and good afternoon, RC Goddesses!

How are the east coast folks with all that crazy weather from yesterday?

at the funny kiddo sayings. Mine's stuck on "Orange Peanut" from the Bad Lip Reading video. I'm really not encouraging her.

I'm so behind -- sorry my dears! Miss M has taken to fits of major Drama Queen lately and I'm at a loss when she's like this. Emotional changes, I guess?

My mom's been a bit of a handful lately -- which I am starting to attribute to her dementia. It's been kinda hard to deal with since we live so far apart so everything is me telling her things over the phone only to have it happen again in the not-so-distant future. (Her latest hi-jinx has come from taking online "surveys" then ordering products. Before that was a time-share scam followed by a donation scam. My dad is less-than-helpful to say the least as he has never been in charge of the finances so is totally clueless to what goes on or what to look for.) I can say one thing for certain, she's keeping me on my toes. Blah. Sorry for complaining and whining.

Tell me something fun... who has changed and to what?! And, did I notice someone will be having TWO trips next year?

I hope to get started on the October "Not-So-Secret Secret Birthday" Celebration for the hubs after taxes are sorted.
I'm sorry your having so much trouble with your mom. Honestly, I don't think having them close makes it any easier. My grandmother was living with my mom and it sure didn't make it easier for her or my dad. My grandmother (we call her Mama) was telling everyone at her church my parents were trying to kill her. She ended up moving into the same nursing home my great uncle was living in. It was close to where she grew up and she knew other people there. Luckily, my mom has cousins that live in the same town, so if something happens they can get there and decide if it's just Mama being Mama or if it's something that my mom really needs to be bothered with.

So much has changed for me about WDW trips, I think I got whiplash from it. The major changes (not including resort ones) have been WDW in June, then to September, then no trip at all, then maybe a September trip if we get a tax return, to maybe going to a conference in March at WDW, to no way in heck are they letting me go to the conference, to well maybe I might go to the conference, to my DH being so ticked about them not letting me go that he is obsessed with going to WDW.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #2295
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry your having so much trouble with your mom. Honestly, I don't think having them close makes it any easier. My grandmother was living with my mom and it sure didn't make it easier for her or my dad. My grandmother (we call her Mama) was telling everyone at her church my parents were trying to kill her. She ended up moving into the same nursing home my great uncle was living in. It was close to where she grew up and she knew other people there. Luckily, my mom has cousins that live in the same town, so if something happens they can get there and decide if it's just Mama being Mama or if it's something that my mom really needs to be bothered with.

So much has changed for me about WDW trips, I think I got whiplash from it. The major changes (not including resort ones) have been WDW in June, then to September, then no trip at all, then maybe a September trip if we get a tax return, to maybe going to a conference in March at WDW, to no way in heck are they letting me go to the conference, to well maybe I might go to the conference, to my DH being so ticked about them not letting me go that he is obsessed with going to WDW.
Thanks, Wookie. I'm just glad I can manage to get the details out of her when these things happen so I can help sort through them. Worrying a bunch over things I can't control and trying to manage from a distance seem to be on the agenda for me.

I really love going in September. Even with the heat (which shouldn't be a big thing for Texas folk!), the crowd levels are so manageable. I'm sticking with my "September" vote for you if this conference thing turns out to be a bust. I always find when I accompany the hubs on a work trip, I had wished it had been a real vacation (with all "us" time instead of only a small percentage of "us" time) -- of course, taking university trips aren't exactly the same as Disney!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: