Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #2011
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
They took my money on the 19th and did not say a word about not being able to make changes. I called three or four times to change things last week. Not a word. The fact that I cannot change my paid in full reservation if an emergency arises should have been explained to me before they took my money. If something happens and I cannot afford Club level. I guess I am just SOL.
I'm so sorry that happened. I agree, they should have warned you before you were paid in full.

Oh and I have a question. What is interline?

I had the same level of frustration when I found out about my financial aid, and the fact the money we would have spent on a WDW might have to go to school. I didn't want to come back to the boards, but y'all are just too great to stay away.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #2012
pas130
DIS Veteran

Sis what a horrible tragedy! I'm am so terribly sorry to hear about your cousin
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #2013
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Padawans - I am so sorry! I am not sure what the interlink rate is. Do you think this will happen with the other discounts too? I think you should cool down for a few days before you cancel! I hate to see this spoil your love of Disney!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #2014
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
RC family please pray for my family. We got a call that my cousin in California was killed by her ex husband last night.
Oh Dani, that is horrible. What an awful thing for your family. I am so sorry.

Padawans: What a frustrating situation. Why the heck would they keep this a big secret? Sorry your plans are messed up now.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #2015
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RC friends. It's 8 degrees here. Not wind chill, that's the real temp. Been snowing off and on all day, lightly. I made a big pot of yummy beef stew, and it was just the thing for a day like today. Watched lots of football yesterday. I am going to admit I'm a Ravens fan. What a game!

sjs314-It's always fun to plan a trip. I'm a big fan of the split stay.

Luluvluv-Hi there! Good to hear from you. It was so fun meeting you, Lacey and Marie. Your Saturday in Feb sounds like a ton of fun!

Pas-Walking to Epcot is really fun, on the other hand, WL is really cool, too. How's a girl to choose??

Dani-Good to hear from another Ravens fan!

MM-No Poly availability? You must be destined to be treated wonderfully at Yacht Club CL.

Melissa-What happened when you called about BLT?
Was it Kook that calls it Blut? Whoever it is, that's what I see when I see the initials. I guess that's a step up from the sandwich. I have a wacky brain.

Debrn-Super bowl rate at Swolfin? That would be nice.

DetTigsGal-No more football for you? Thank heaven hockey has started. We're watching the Red Wings right now.

Heather-Happy to see one of your awesome photos!

GG-Hope you had an Excellent Epcot Day!

Padawans, Gosh, what a headache about the interline rate. I'm glad you finally got it a bit worked out, but they really should tell you about something like that.

Jenny-I think you're on the right track with having an option or two for your girls with the funeral. That can be a long, emotional day for youngsters. Sending you hugs.

Waving hi to Wookie, Janet, Lacey, Iheart, Kook, and other RC friends I missed.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #2016
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Padawans - I am so sorry! I am not sure what the interlink rate is. Do you think this will happen with the other discounts too? I think you should cool down for a few days before you cancel! I hate to see this spoil your love of Disney!
Interline is an airline employee rate. I would much rather book with a different discount that allows me to only put down first night deposit. The interline rate has to be paid in full 45 days out, but it is 40% off. I'm not mad they discontinuing the discount, although it is probably the end of Club level for me. It's more to do with the bad customer service you get on the phone. I think it's finally the last straw. I'm not a Disney apologist. There reservation system stinks and a large majority of the cms are incompetent. I even had one cm try to charge me 50.00 dollars to change my reservation 6 months in advance. Then she put me on hold for 30 minutes to check with guest services. I do expect a phone call on this issue, and I will keep writing them until I get one. I am over being mad. I'm just disappointed in the way they treat their repeat customers. I am one of those people that think that should have a loyalty program. Anyway I guess I won't be posting anymore changes. I have been officially cut off. I will wait to 2014 and see what happens to the bounce back discounts before I consider AP's again. I will never pay rack rate their rates are insane, and there are too many other places in the world to see.

Dani Sorry about your cousin, and sorry I forgot to say sorry earlier.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #2017
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Gwynne- the wings are playing better than Saturday- maybe everyone is off the ledge for a little bit. I really am waiting for baseball season- hence my screen name
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #2018
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Wow! what a sad day for our RCers! Dani, my heart and thoughts are with you. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers

Padawans: so sorry to hear of your dissapointment, you have definitely been a loyal and lucrative customer for Disney! I hope this doesn't spoil The joy of Disney for you, and I sure hope you stay part of our family! I'd miss you if you where to leave our little group

Now for my sad news.... I'll make it short as I am still teary and disappointed. I didn't get the job whatever their reasons, I don't know -- I had the qualifications, I guess my interview might have been less than perfect. I am sad because I was beginning to think of what the extra income would have meant for my family -- at least my family is supportive and I still have a job to go back to, for that I am thankful. I'm not sure what this means for the Feb trip I was hoping for to take Andrew and his BF to DL. DL is almost as expensive as WDW , especially when you want to stay on site. I may try saving and still try to make it a go -- but I have to get some bills paid off soon (mainly the new snow blower I just bought DH at Christmas)! We will see how things go over the next few months. Just thought I should let you all know as you where so supportive and all cheering for me.
I feel

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #2019
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Marie,
Oh, goodness, I am sorry about the job. Sending hugs your way. I think it's very wise to just wait and see how it goes (like you mentioned) with the vacation decisions. Sometimes a bit of time really helps!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #2020
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Wow! what a sad day for our RCers! Dani, my heart and thoughts are with you. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers

Padawans: so sorry to hear of your dissapointment, you have definitely been a loyal and lucrative customer for Disney! I hope this doesn't spoil The joy of Disney for you, and I sure hope you stay part of our family! I'd miss you if you where to leave our little group

Now for my sad news.... I'll make it short as I am still teary and disappointed. I didn't get the job whatever their reasons, I don't know -- I had the qualifications, I guess my interview might have been less than perfect. I am sad because I was beginning to think of what the extra income would have meant for my family -- at least my family is supportive and I still have a job to go back to, for that I am thankful. I'm not sure what this means for the Feb trip I was hoping for to take Andrew and his BF to DL. DL is almost as expensive as WDW , especially when you want to stay on site. I may try saving and still try to make it a go -- but I have to get some bills paid off soon (mainly the new snow blower I just bought DH at Christmas)! We will see how things go over the next few months. Just thought I should let you all know as you where so supportive and all cheering for me.
I feel
Marie

I'm sorry that you did not get the job. I have been through it too. It's frustrating when you feel that you've given it your all and then your hopes don't come to fruition. I have learned that it is situations like that that will allow you to sit back and evaluate what you really want....and perhaps what you can do to make the circumstances change for the next time. The important thing is to keep a good attitude at work, because the higher ups do look at how you deal with disappointment.

When I got out of college, I got my first real job and was with that company for 8 years. I was lucky to have that place and learned a lot about attitude, working hard, and dealing with disappointment and have carried those lessons with me to my other places of employment.

I am lucky that I LOVE the company I work for now!!! But, even in my 3 years here I have experienced rejection when trying to move up, but I realize it's just not my time but it will be....and the positive attitude goes a long way to that end.

So, not this time Marie, but keep your head up. Things will work out how they are meant to.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #2021
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

I feel
Marie So very sorry you did not get the position Think positive something better is coming your way. : hug:

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #2022
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

padawans- That stinks. I can't believe they didn't even warn you before you PIF. Unacceptable! I hope that they can make things right for you somehow.

chimo2u - Sorry about the job. Perhaps there are even bigger and better things coming your way

Getting ready to take the boys to the bus stop. Wind chill is -9 here. Brrrrrrrr!!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #2023
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Busy busy busy as always lately....but wanted to,stop in quickly for a few things.

Dani - I am so sorry about your cousin! How horrific!!!! You are your family are in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!

Marie - I am sorry to hear about the job. I didn't read your whole post but I guess the silver lining (hopefully) is that you get to stay part time maybe something even better is around the corner, you never know! HUGS!!!

Padawans - UGH, UGH, UGH! I can't believe that happened. I can totally understand your frustrations and anger right now. As for RCI cruises, we have been on Freedom, Oasis, and Allure and loved each one more than the last

Off to get a loaf off bread started and give the kitchen a quick steam mop. I'll try to jump back on in a bit an catch up some more.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #2024
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Good morning everyone!!!!! Seems I have a lot of catching up to do!!

Jenny - I'm so sorry to hear about Nana. She sounds like a wonderful person who lived a great long life.

disneydreamin247 - what can I say but "wow"? I cannot imagine the pain and heartache you must be going through with losing your cousin so suddenly in such a horrible way!!! It's just another reminder of how short life can be.

Padawans - ugh, how annoying!!! I agree with you on the customer service. Yes, there are some great customer service reps but there are also a handful that seem to be clueless and for us loyal, long time customers, it can be frustrating. The good thing is, he did change your reservation. I would definitely let them know of your experience! I know for me, when dealing with Disney, my expectations of customer service and service in general are higher than with any thing else I do.

Chimo2u - Sorry to hear about the job! That's discouraging but like you said, at least you have a job to go back to! Just keep looking, something else that was meant for you is bound to come up. Good luck with some pixie dust!

As for me things are pretty much the same so I have no complaints! Have had a 3 day weekend, too bad every weekend can't be 3 days!! I did take my 15 yr old dog for her checkup yesterday and she's doing well for her age, just some heart problems that the vet is a little concerned about but she's on meds and we're going to try a different med to see if that strengthens her heart beat. She's a little feisty girl for her age!!! She kept snapping at the vet yesterday so her nickname from them went from "Bubblelina" to "firecracker", lol, she's so wonderful though and I'm so blessed to still have her.

Ok, so we're staying with the Poly!!! I just love that resort too much to change and I'm excited about seeing the new rooms!!! We will venture over to BW and YC/BC and consider it for future stays.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #2025
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u

I feel
I'm so sorry you didn't get the job.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: