Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #1951
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
DH just read all of your wonderful comments and you brought another tear to his eye. Thank you all.
Thinking about you and your family tonight.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #1952
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about Nana. Hugs to your whole family
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #1953
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Jen sorry to hear about Nana. She sounds like a special lady. Hugs to your family.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #1954
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Jenny so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Big hugs to you.

Kook I've been so busy with the holidays, the new branch, the kids, doctor appointments, etc. You know how it is,

Sis Looking forward to time with you in our happy place.

I now have a decision facing me. Do I scale back our August trip by 4 nights and do our Disney cruise in October? Skip the cruise? I don't know what to do. If we do the cruise we will fly in Friday, spend the night at Pop, maybe spend some time at MK and do dinner there, then board the ship Saturday. When we return the following Saturday we would head back to Disney for 3 nights so we can do MNSSHP, F&W, and probably DHS. What say you?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #1955
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Jenny so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Big hugs to you.

Kook I've been so busy with the holidays, the new branch, the kids, doctor appointments, etc. You know how it is,

Sis Looking forward to time with you in our happy place.

I now have a decision facing me. Do I scale back our August trip by 4 nights and do our Disney cruise in October? Skip the cruise? I don't know what to do. If we do the cruise we will fly in Friday, spend the night at Pop, maybe spend some time at MK and do dinner there, then board the ship Saturday. When we return the following Saturday we would head back to Disney for 3 nights so we can do MNSSHP, F&W, and probably DHS. What say you?
Do the cruise!!!!If you were to give my kids a choice between WDW, DL, Universal or DCL. DCL would win hands down. We have taken some pretty extravagant WDW vacations, but the cruises are still my favorite. I would definitely scale back the August trip. Two vacations is better than one. Right?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1956
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans

Do the cruise!!!!If you were to give my kids a choice between WDW, DL, Universal or DCL. DCL would win hands down. We have taken some pretty extravagant WDW vacations, but the cruises are still my favorite. I would definitely scale back the August trip. Two vacations is better than one. Right?
I totally agree!!!! Cruises are amazing!!! And you would get 2 trips!!! Without a question, scale back Aug and keep Oct!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #1957
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Jen, I am sorry for the loss of your family's Nana. Sending hugs and prayers.

TY Kook!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #1958
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Jen, so sorry to hear of your Nana's passing may your memories bring you comfort and bring a smile to your heart, may peace surround you when you think of her and remember the joy she brought to your family. 's to you and your family

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #1959
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
She is in a better place now. She went surrounded by all the family. DH just called.
Jenny Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #1960
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just wanted to stop by to say Hi! I read back a few pages but no hopes of catching up I am so far behind

Went out to breakfast the other morning and Disney came up... Fast forward to yesterday I started pricing out rooms since we are thinking F&W and no DP this time.

Anyway I said to Bob "what would it take to get you to stay at the Poly?" and......he said " Just Ask".

I have to start doing some serious research BWI would be the better choice for F&W but he agreed to stay at the Poly which might not happen again. I am so confused, maybe a split stay?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #1961
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Jen, so very sorry to read of Nana's passing ... hugs and prayers to you all. Nana sounded like a spunky, funny, independent caring lady who enjoyed life and loved her family deeply. Here’s to Nana, her life and spirit will live on in all of you.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #1962
padawans
DIS Veteran

Jen Sorry about your loss. Sorry about the pooch. Cats and dogs don't always make the best house buddies.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #1963
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just wanted to stop by to say Hi! I read back a few pages but no hopes of catching up I am so far behind

Went out to breakfast the other morning and Disney came up... Fast forward to yesterday I started pricing out rooms since we are thinking F&W and no DP this time.

Anyway I said to Bob "what would it take to get you to stay at the Poly?" and......he said " Just Ask".

I have to start doing some serious research BWI would be the better choice for F&W but he agreed to stay at the Poly which might not happen again. I am so confused, maybe a split stay?
A Poly/BWI sounds very nice.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1964
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I haven't been around in a while... but think of you ladies everyday!

Jenny... I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Prayers to you and your family!

Since I've moved here, I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing RC'ers!! Marie, Ginny, Lacey, Jeanette, Janet, Linda and Magic!! I've had such a good time with all the ladies and hope to meet up with more this year!!

Well I'm back in the saddle. In February, a group that I'm involved in is going to Disney. Saturday night is looking like this: Epcot all day, Via Napoli Dinner, Private Dessert Party for Illuminations, and Jellyrolls. DH and I realize that after a day like that--neither one of us belongs behind the seat of a vehicle.

That means... I need a room!

Still in early planning stages, but I've looked everywhere--AND I'M COMPLETELY UNDECIDED!!! Monorail is out--can't afford it--won't afford it--not for this. Everything else is fair game. I'll keep you updated as my search progresses!!

Miss you ladies!! Hope all is well. Group Hugs all around
Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #1965
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I haven't been around in a while... but think of you ladies everyday!

Jenny... I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Prayers to you and your family!

Since I've moved here, I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing RC'ers!! Marie, Ginny, Lacey, Jeanette, Janet, Linda and Magic!! I've had such a good time with all the ladies and hope to meet up with more this year!!

Well I'm back in the saddle. In February, a group that I'm involved in is going to Disney. Saturday night is looking like this: Epcot all day, Via Napoli Dinner, Private Dessert Party for Illuminations, and Jellyrolls. DH and I realize that after a day like that--neither one of us belongs behind the seat of a vehicle.

That means... I need a room!

Still in early planning stages, but I've looked everywhere--AND I'M COMPLETELY UNDECIDED!!! Monorail is out--can't afford it--won't afford it--not for this. Everything else is fair game. I'll keep you updated as my search progresses!!

Miss you ladies!! Hope all is well. Group Hugs all around
Great to have you back here, Deena. I hope you are feeling all settled now. How about a cabin? It's in the MK Resorts area and they're Mods. and heck, I'm trying one out in March
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: