Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #1711
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Marie: I really hope you get that call soon....waitin can be very nerve wracking!!

Basketlacey: yay for your 1000th post!!!

Wookie: hi! Glad your water situation got fixed!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #1712
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Congrats on the CL score Candace!

Marie - crossing my fingers for you on the new job! Have you looked at the Embassy suites if you are considering offsite? We stayed at one in St. Louis last summer and it was amazing. Separate bedroom plus a cooked to order breakfast each morning! Also we had a free happy hour every night. When I researched DL last year, we were staying at DL hotel. But, when it's just my family and no friends, it's easier.

Miss E - the margaritas are cracking me up!

Hi to Kook, Melissa, pas, Janet, Jenny, Linda - who am I missing?
Welcome Back. I took couple months break also. My trip is close now. I'm back into posting and changing of course.

MM Congrats on getting the room you wanted. No more changes.I need to stop too. I also need to start thinking about that Sept trip.

Marie Good luck. I want you to make that trip to Dl. Have you priced out Club level at GCH?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #1713
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Welcome Back. I took couple months break also. My trip is close now. I'm back into posting and changing of course.

MM Congrats on getting the room you wanted. No more changes.I need to stop too. I also need to start thinking about that Sept trip.

Marie Good luck. I want you to make that trip to Dl. Have you priced out Club level at GCH?
No more changes!

I'll be paying off the ressie on Friday, so no more....though I was PIF before today's change so I guess that means nothing

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #1714
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
No more changes!

I'll be paying off the ressie on Friday, so no more....though I was PIF before today's change so I guess that means nothing
I decided to skip Universal this trip since I upgraded to CL. I've got to save for September. I booked 3 nights at embassy suites for 126.00 a night. Free cooked to order breakfast, cocktails, free parking etc. I think we are finally going to make it out to Kennedy space center. It's a quite a bit less money than the 4 nights at Universal plus tickets I had planned. Universal will always be there. I'm kind of looking forward to something different that doesn't involve rides.
I would love to pay mine off, but I'm afraid. I have one more night to book at Disney. I don't know weather to keep trying to get Poly Cl for that night or book somewhere else like Akl. No matter what I do I'll change my mind the next day.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #1715
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Padawans! OMG! GCH prices are NUTS!!!! If I can get a rental Dvc villa at GCH, I don't think they do Club level -- I'd have to stock up on some snacks and pop for the room! But if I do DLH, I'll definitely pay for club level with those 2 teen boys!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #1716
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning..
Still no AP rates yet for May ...but I dont care...as long as we are going to Disney ..I am happy..
We did our air last night and got pretty good rates from Maine to Orlando..343 per person round trip..
That means we are one step closer to DISNEY...and warm weather...

Yesterday the weather here was in the 50s...made some of the snow melt and be muddy in places...tomorrow is another snow/sleet deal...YUCK...

Hope everyone has a good week

Pumba aka Marie

Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #1717
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
O.M.G!!!!

I just got off the phone with CRO, because I was going to change from my YC over to BC to get CL....the CM asked "Why don't you want to stay at YC, they have CL too??" I told her how there were none left under the discount...she then proceeded to tell me that there was in fact a standard view YC CL room available!!!!!

I made the switch and couldn't be happier!!!!
Congrats Candace that is FANTASTIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Here's my official "Hello ladies, Happy Monday and Hugs All Around" post!

Hubs is off to California this morning. Boo. He was in an accident on Friday (someone rear-ended his car, he's perfectly fine thankfully) but I got to spend the day with him on Friday. Silver linings and all. Dealing with the insurance and all, that's another matter entirely.

Have a kiddo staying home with me today for whatever various reason they have off school today. She's making me "margaritas" so it's all good!
Miss M making Margaritas so cute! Glad DH is OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
So -- I am anxiously still awaiting a call to offer me this new job. I am slowly beginning to lose hope a little as it is now a week gone by since the interview. I am hanging onto a sliver of hope still, as they DID say calls would go out in 2 weeks, so there is still a slim hope I might be one of them -- they did interview for alot of positions, and just finished interviewing last Wednesday, so I am hoping that is the hold up, and not that I did not make a good impression!
so......all this DL dreaming is hinging on the fact that I get a bigger salary to afford another trip next year!!! fingers crossed

Have a marrrrvelous Monday my friends!
Hope that call comes soon Marie!!!!

Have NO clue about DL but I know offsite can be just as close to the parks from what I've read...saving LOTS of $$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Miss E - the margaritas are cracking me up!

Hi to Kook, Melissa, pas, Janet, Jenny, Linda - who am I missing?

Quote:
I decided to skip Universal this trip since I upgraded to CL. I've got to save for September. I booked 3 nights at embassy suites for 126.00 a night. Free cooked to order breakfast, cocktails, free parking etc. I think we are finally going to make it out to Kennedy space center. It's a quite a bit less money than the 4 nights at Universal plus tickets I had planned. Universal will always be there. I'm kind of looking forward to something different that doesn't involve rides.
I would love to pay mine off, but I'm afraid. I have one more night to book at Disney. I don't know weather to keep trying to get Poly Cl for that night or book somewhere else like Akl. No matter what I do I'll change my mind the next day.
We also decided to skip Universal too!!!! Leaving me to replan our trip I've been looking offsite and at WBC what a savings...but I need my Disney Magic UGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning..
Still no AP rates yet for May ...but I dont care...as long as we are going to Disney ..I am happy..
We did our air last night and got pretty good rates from Maine to Orlando..343 per person round trip..

Yesterday the weather here was in the 50s...made some of the snow melt and be muddy in places...tomorrow is another snow/sleet deal...YUCK...

Pumba aka Marie
I CAN'T WAIT for AP rates I'd love to do a May trip again this year...but we are opting for a longer vacation so this kiddos won't miss school..we are most likely driving. I've been watching airfare ...let me restate, watching airfare go up

We have 3 tickets, leftover from when I left my husband and sons home and took the girls...and I've been stressing losing that money...luckily Frontier changed the dates...qualifying me for a full refund giving me more $ into my WDW budget...who knows where I'll stay though

It's quite muddy here as well...I heard possible snow tonight but it'll probably be too warm.

May is SO close...but you know that already
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #1718
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

My mini-margarita bartender is back in school. (She made mine in an old sippy cup from her kitchen set yesterday... complete with a Disney glowcube. )

... oh you guys. I need ideas.

Hubs 40th is this October. I know we talked about waiting to go back until January but ... ya know. I can't NOT do something nice for his birthday, right? Whatcha think? It'd have to be something short-ish. The thought of the Halloween party is nice but not ON Halloween since that'd be crazy-busy and we like the lighter crowds. Maybe I should look at alternate locations... Seattle? I keep going back to Disney in my mind, obviously.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1719
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My mini-margarita bartender is back in school. (She made mine in an old sippy cup from her kitchen set yesterday... complete with a Disney glowcube. )

Hubs 40th is this October. I know we talked about waiting to go back until January but ... ya know. I can't NOT do something nice for his birthday, right? Whatcha think? It'd have to be something short-ish. The thought of the Halloween party is nice but not ON Halloween since that'd be crazy-busy and we like the lighter crowds. Maybe I should look at alternate locations... Seattle? I keep going back to Disney in my mind, obviously.
What about a quickie Caribbean trip?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #1720
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Disneyland?????
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1721
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
morning..

Pumba aka Marie
Pumba: I just noticed when you joined the Dis!! I feel like a baby! All our snow has melted here, but boy is it cold again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Congrats Candace that is FANTASTIC

Miss M making Margaritas so cute! Glad DH is OK

Hope that call comes soon Marie!!!!

Have NO clue about DL but I know offsite can be just as close to the parks from what I've read...saving LOTS of $$$$

We also decided to skip Universal too!!!! Leaving me to replan our trip I've been looking offsite and at WBC what a savings...but I need my Disney Magic UGH
Pas: offsite??? Interesting!

Quote:

Miss: Is your DH 's birthday on Halloween? That is DD4 birthday! What about Las Vegas?? We would love to take a short weekend getaway there someday!

Quote:
What about a quickie Caribbean trip?
Candace: Thanks for having my back on that other thread, you never know when you are going to get flamed out there!

Jen
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #1722
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Marie- I think I said this before, but we really enjoyed the grand Californian when we stayed there a couple of summers ago. It was connected to DCA and DTD wad out the other gate. It was beautiful and the location couldn't be beat

I just noticed that I was I unsubscribed for a day... No wonder I didn't have much action yesterday
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #1723
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Is your DH 's birthday on Halloween? That is DD4 birthday! What about Las Vegas?? We would love to take a short weekend getaway there someday!
Jen
Vegas was my first thought as well. I've been twice with the DH, the last time was over our 10th wedding anniversary. We loved it!!

If you want to keep it Disney, and don't want to do WDW, you could try DL. If you want to do something romatic, without the kids, there is a place in Mexico I want to try. It's called El Dorado Royal. It's an adults only resort and spa. They have rooms called "swim up suites" that inside them have your own jacuzzi and king size beds. Ouside you have two lounge chairs that are in water on the edge of the lazy river. Basically, what I have been told, is that you can use the lazy river to get to the main pool and then use it to get back to your room. You could always just walk, but why do that when you can float in a lazy river.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #1724
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Pumba: I just noticed when you joined the Dis!! I feel like a baby! All our snow has melted here, but boy is it cold again.

Pas: offsite??? Interesting!

Candace: Thanks for having my back on that other thread, you never know when you are going to get flamed out there!

Jen
Us RC'ers have to stick together!!! If one goes down, we all go down.

But, I also agreed with you.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #1725
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy - YC CL!!! I think you are going to love it!

chimo2u - Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get good news very soon!

Missoutandabout - Miss M makes margaritas? You are one lucky momma! Of course I vote more Disney for hubby's 40th!

padawans - I am also at that place where I need to reign in my next trip so that I can afford the one after that too. I realized I will not be able to resist taking a 3rd trip on these AP's. At least I'm being honest with myself.

pumba - Yay for getting airfare booked. One step closer!

pas - Offsite? I've been pricing both Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills for us. For the money and the space.

Our best trip yet was when we got the upgrades to the 2br suites. My poor DS6 really needs his private chill out space. Last trip he spent most of our non-sleeping room time coloring in the closet I think it may be time to trade the rest of the family's wants to give him what he needs.

I looked at some of the DVC properties too, but I don't think I have what it takes to be a renter. I swore after lucking out and getting my NYE non-refunable Dolphin ressie canceled that I wouldn't play with stuff I can't cancel anymore. Somebody please remind of that if I start going down that road!

Hi to everyone else! I hoe you are all having a great day!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: