Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #1696
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So glad you checked again!! I will do the dance of joy for you!!

Your family is going to be happy!!
Thanks!!!!

It's crazy how there was nothing yesterday but there today!!!! I did also check on Poly GV CL...no go....but that's okay!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #1697
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
O.M.G!!!!

I just got off the phone with CRO, because I was going to change from my YC over to BC to get CL....the CM asked "Why don't you want to stay at YC, they have CL too??" I told her how there were none left under the discount...she then proceeded to tell me that there was in fact a standard view YC CL room available!!!!!

I made the switch and couldn't be happier!!!!
Congrats!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #1698
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Congratulations...hope it is everything you want
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #1699
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I just told DH and he said that he's now going to lock up my phones so I can't change anymore...he says the trip is peeerrrrrrrfect!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1700
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just told DH and he said that he's now going to lock up my phones so I can't change anymore...he says the trip is peeerrrrrrrfect!
I agree. He needs to lock up your phone!

Let me just do this a little for YC...

and lastly:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #1701
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Here's my official "Hello ladies, Happy Monday and Hugs All Around" post!

Hubs is off to California this morning. Boo. He was in an accident on Friday (someone rear-ended his car, he's perfectly fine thankfully) but I got to spend the day with him on Friday. Silver linings and all. Dealing with the insurance and all, that's another matter entirely.

Have a kiddo staying home with me today for whatever various reason they have off school today. She's making me "margaritas" so it's all good!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1702
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
O.M.G!!!!

I just got off the phone with CRO, because I was going to change from my YC over to BC to get CL....the CM asked "Why don't you want to stay at YC, they have CL too??" I told her how there were none left under the discount...she then proceeded to tell me that there was in fact a standard view YC CL room available!!!!!

I made the switch and couldn't be happier!!!!
That is amazing news!!! Joining you in the happy dance...

If you need me to come over with some duct tape to keep your from RC'ing, let me know

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #1703
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I agree. He needs to lock up your phone!

Let me just do this a little for YC...

and lastly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
That is amazing news!!! Joining you in the happy dance...

If you need me to come over with some duct tape to keep your from RC'ing, let me know
Thanks all! I feel like I got a little bit of pixie dust today!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1704
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Thanks all! I feel like I got a little bit of pixie dust today!
Toss some of it this way. Hopefully, it will get our water turned back on today. They didn't tell my mil what was wrong with it, other than they hoped it would be back up today.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #1705
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Toss some of it this way. Hopefully, it will get our water turned back on today. They didn't tell my mil what was wrong with it, other than they hoped it would be back up today.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #1706
letthewookiewin

Quote:
SWEET!! It worked!! My fil just told me the water is back on.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #1707
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SWEET!! It worked!! My fil just told me the water is back on.
Whoa!!! I have magical powers today!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #1708
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hello my friends and 's all around!!! Candace: YEAH!! for YC CL sooo happy you got what you wanted -- now step away from the phone/ the ipad and all things that could cause you to make a switch!! We all know how quickly the RC'ing waffles start calling our name!! I think you'll really enjoy YC CL...can't wait to hear a review

I've been crazily studying EVERYTHING DL lately!! waffling myself between dreaming about staying at DLH (where I've always wanted to stay .... love those newly renovated rooms, and the funky cool monorail slide....I think it looks hip and cool, and I know my teen son and his BF would love it! BUT it means them sharing a bed (not a big deal, as they currently share a TWIN bed at their sleepovers, LOL) BUT...they are major night owls, and poor me wouldn't get any much needed sleep or quiet!!!! I just know it this one is pulling my heart strings strongly though no matter the bed configuration! (And of course CLUB LEVEL!!)

Next are thought of the GRAND Californian.... renting DVC for a 1 BDRM Suite (hopefully by 11 months out I'll know some dates/ or if this trip is even going to be a go ahead!!) cause, I think knowing those dates is the only way I may get in on this one!! I love the extra room/ the seperate bedroom, the location, and the in-room laundry facility idea!! sounds great, and I'd even be willing to perhaps forgo my need for always staying club level if this option opened up.....

Then there are the off site suites calling my name (more of a whisper right now though, as the other 2 options are shouting my name!!) -- I was thinking of the HOMEWOOD suites -- I've read great things about them/ nice, clean, spacious, hot breakfast included..... sound great! and might be something we could tag on at the beginning upon arrival and for our last night / day when we do Universal / to save 2 nights cost at DLH/ or the Grand.

So -- I am anxiously still awaiting a call to offer me this new job. I am slowly beginning to lose hope a little as it is now a week gone by since the interview. I am hanging onto a sliver of hope still, as they DID say calls would go out in 2 weeks, so there is still a slim hope I might be one of them -- they did interview for alot of positions, and just finished interviewing last Wednesday, so I am hoping that is the hold up, and not that I did not make a good impression!
so......all this DL dreaming is hinging on the fact that I get a bigger salary to afford another trip next year!!! fingers crossed

Have a marrrrvelous Monday my friends!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1709
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello my friends and 's all around!!! Candace: YEAH!! for YC CL sooo happy you got what you wanted -- now step away from the phone/ the ipad and all things that could cause you to make a switch!! We all know how quickly the RC'ing waffles start calling our name!! I think you'll really enjoy YC CL...can't wait to hear a review

I've been crazily studying EVERYTHING DL lately!! waffling myself between dreaming about staying at DLH (where I've always wanted to stay .... love those newly renovated rooms, and the funky cool monorail slide....I think it looks hip and cool, and I know my teen son and his BF would love it! BUT it means them sharing a bed (not a big deal, as they currently share a TWIN bed at their sleepovers, LOL) BUT...they are major night owls, and poor me wouldn't get any much needed sleep or quiet!!!! I just know it this one is pulling my heart strings strongly though no matter the bed configuration! (And of course CLUB LEVEL!!)

Next are thought of the GRAND Californian.... renting DVC for a 1 BDRM Suite (hopefully by 11 months out I'll know some dates/ or if this trip is even going to be a go ahead!!) cause, I think knowing those dates is the only way I may get in on this one!! I love the extra room/ the seperate bedroom, the location, and the in-room laundry facility idea!! sounds great, and I'd even be willing to perhaps forgo my need for always staying club level if this option opened up.....

Then there are the off site suites calling my name (more of a whisper right now though, as the other 2 options are shouting my name!!) -- I was thinking of the HOMEWOOD suites -- I've read great things about them/ nice, clean, spacious, hot breakfast included..... sound great! and might be something we could tag on at the beginning upon arrival and for our last night / day when we do Universal / to save 2 nights cost at DLH/ or the Grand.

So -- I am anxiously still awaiting a call to offer me this new job. I am slowly beginning to lose hope a little as it is now a week gone by since the interview. I am hanging onto a sliver of hope still, as they DID say calls would go out in 2 weeks, so there is still a slim hope I might be one of them -- they did interview for alot of positions, and just finished interviewing last Wednesday, so I am hoping that is the hold up, and not that I did not make a good impression!
so......all this DL dreaming is hinging on the fact that I get a bigger salary to afford another trip next year!!! fingers crossed

Have a marrrrvelous Monday my friends!
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would give it another week before I get too worried. Maybe they are just getting together all the information you need to be able to change positions.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1710
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the CL score Candace!

Marie - crossing my fingers for you on the new job! Have you looked at the Embassy suites if you are considering offsite? We stayed at one in St. Louis last summer and it was amazing. Separate bedroom plus a cooked to order breakfast each morning! Also we had a free happy hour every night. When I researched DL last year, we were staying at DL hotel. But, when it's just my family and no friends, it's easier.

Miss E - the margaritas are cracking me up!

Hi to Kook, Melissa, pas, Janet, Jenny, Linda - who am I missing?

]
Disney trips:6/2003: All Star Movies;11/2005: Offsite - Vacation Home;10/2009: Offsite - Vacation Home;11/2010: Port Orleans Riverside;11/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge;10/2012 - Beach Club; 10/2013 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas; 2/2014 - Fort Wilderness/Disney Cruise/Contemporary; 4/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: