Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #1681
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

What's the problem?
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #1682
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
What's the problem?
Sorry! I really want YC (where I am booked) but my family wants CL (not available at YC under my discount)....but I can have a BC GV CL room, but I have concerns about that (listed previously....)

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger!

Wondering if I should just hold out and keep checking for a YC CL room to possibly pop up, but risk no CL at all....which I guess we would live with....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #1683
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Yes, it's coming back to me . I cannot help you on that one...we are a MK area family...did the WL CL at Thanksgiving and loved it, but really a Grand family -my husbands first choice always

That is a tough one...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #1684
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Sorry! I really want YC (where I am booked) but my family wants CL (not available at YC under my discount)....but I can have a BC GV CL room, but I have concerns about that (listed previously....)

Wondering if I should just hold out and keep checking for a YC CL room to possibly pop up, but risk no CL at all....which I guess we would live with....
I would keep checking at YC. You know rooms open up everyday. What do the peeps on the BC/YC thread say about the rooms you are concerned about?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #1685
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I would keep checking at YC. You know rooms open up everyday. What do the peeps on the BC/YC thread say about the rooms you are concerned about?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I keep getting conflicting information everywhere I look.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #1686
padawans
DIS Veteran

MM What are your concerns? The connecting doors? I would not let that stop you if you have your heart set on Club level. It's my least favorite Cl, but it's still good. I liked your idea of Poly lv cl split with a non club level room. Have you tried flip flopping the resorts to see if you can get the Poly gv cl/ Yc cl split? If a room type is not available on one night it won't be available the whole ten days.

bb I'm always afraid to go to Florida in the winter. I'm afraid you guys will get one of those freaky cold snaps while I'm there. I feel bad for all the tourist here expecting 75 degrees and sunshine.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #1687
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
MM What are your concerns? The connecting doors? I would not let that stop you if you have your heart set on Club level. It's my least favorite Cl, but it's still good. I liked your idea of Poly lv cl split with a non club level room. Have you tried flip flopping the resorts to see if you can get the Poly gv cl/ Yc cl split? If a room type is not available on one night it won't be available the whole ten days.

bb I'm always afraid to go to Florida in the winter. I'm afraid you guys will get one of those freaky cold snaps while I'm there. I feel bad for all the tourist here expecting 75 degrees and sunshine.
The connecting doors and the handicapped accessible room. I just want a normal room w/no connecting doors.

The actual reviews of BC CL don't sway me one bit...I am willing to give it a go on my own, though I would prefer YC....but the kind of room is important to me...anal, I know.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #1688
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
My Steven does the Sheldon laugh and I just crack up every time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I would be the same way. This last weeks episode almost made me cry. He looked so sad at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Let's all give a shout out to our great OP, pas130/Jeanette. Thank you for always being the hostess with the mostess and a great nurse, mom and wife, and for leading by example (you are still the reigning RC queen, but there are a couple around here who are fast on your heels)
I totally agree!!

Quote:

Not yet - it's still a work in progress - started it from scratch so I made some progress yesterday and I'll post the link here when it's up and running.
Sweet, thank you. I'm trying to get as much info about the resort before we go. Plus looking at all the pics, especially ones from TPV balconies help keep me from RC'ing to the WL b/c I just love that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

I would make the family make the decision as to which is more important to them. Let them know, that as of right now, the YC CL is not available with the discount, but the BC GV CL is. Find out which they would rather have, but that you are willing to keep trying to get the YC CL until the last day you have to be able to book with the discount.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #1689
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The connecting doors and the handicapped accessible room. I just want a normal room w/no connecting doors.

The actual reviews of BC CL don't sway me one bit...I am willing to give it a go on my own, though I would prefer YC....but the kind of room is important to me...anal, I know.
You can always ask for another room if you get the handicapped one. The connecting doors could be a problem. I have stayed at BC 4 times, and always had connecting doors. I have also had them at BWI and poly. The only time I noticed the noise was at BC Cl, and that's only because we had a very loud family next door.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #1690
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can always ask for another room if you get the handicapped one. The connecting doors could be a problem. I have stayed at BC 4 times, and always had connecting doors. I have also had them at BWI and poly. The only time I noticed the noise was at BC Cl, and that's only because we had a very loud family next door.
I guess I could let IPO know that my biggest request is to not have the handicapped room. I have heard that putting a towel between the adjoining doors helps with the noise...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #1691
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let's all give a shout out to our great OP, pas130/Jeanette. Thank you for always being the hostess with the mostess and a great nurse, mom and wife, and for leading by example (you are still the reigning RC queen, but there are a couple around here who are fast on your heels)

Kook you are the best! You ALL are wonderful

padawans The ER is INSANE...flu season has hit hard

So what am I perusing....initially POR/HRH split...

i've called for an Aulani quote.....and I've priced Disneyland....

How am I feeling right now.....absolutely Grand....

no decisions to be made today.....
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #1692
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MM-Adding onto padawans suggestions--
Another possibility, maybe ask for a room with a full tub. (I often do that when I want to be sure not to get the walk in shower only HA room.)

If I recall, you're going for more than 5 or 6 days, right? The longer you wait to decide, it may be much harder it's going to be to get all your days CL.
Your options are BC all days
or
YC, go online and figure out by process of elimination what day or days is possibly holding up your ressie. You might have the option of spending say, 3 days in a regular room, and 7 in CL. If you went ahead and booked it that way, then you could keep watching for extra days opening up and adding them to your CL (and subtracting them from your regular room.) This is how I got all CL for our trip last Oct. I ended up cancelling the reg room, because I'd been able to gradually add all my CL days a bit at a time.

Who knows how long Disney will offer the military discount. It's a lovely perk, (especially for CL) and if you can use it, it's very nice. Good luck with your decision!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #1693
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
MM-Adding onto padawans suggestions--
Another possibility, maybe ask for a room with a full tub. (I often do that when I want to be sure not to get the walk in shower only HA room.)

If I recall, you're going for more than 5 or 6 days, right? The longer you wait to decide, it may be much harder it's going to be to get all your days CL.
Your options are BC all days
or
YC, go online and figure out by process of elimination what day or days is possibly holding up your ressie. You might have the option of spending say, 3 days in a regular room, and 7 in CL. If you went ahead and booked it that way, then you could keep watching for extra days opening up and adding them to your CL (and subtracting them from your regular room.) This is how I got all CL for our trip last Oct. I ended up cancelling the reg room, because I'd been able to gradually add all my CL days a bit at a time.

Who knows how long Disney will offer the military discount. It's a lovely perk, (especially for CL) and if you can use it, it's very nice. Good luck with your decision!
Yes, we will be there 10 nights....I am thinking I should probably take the 10 nights at BC...I do need the full tub, the girls need their baths...I don't even care if I have to take a standard view when I get there, I would book that but none are available...I don't really care about the view so much...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #1694
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

O.M.G!!!!

I just got off the phone with CRO, because I was going to change from my YC over to BC to get CL....the CM asked "Why don't you want to stay at YC, they have CL too??" I told her how there were none left under the discount...she then proceeded to tell me that there was in fact a standard view YC CL room available!!!!!

I made the switch and couldn't be happier!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #1695
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
O.M.G!!!!

I just got off the phone with CRO, because I was going to change from my YC over to BC to get CL....the CM asked "Why don't you want to stay at YC, they have CL too??" I told her how there were none left under the discount...she then proceeded to tell me that there was in fact a standard view YC CL room available!!!!!

I made the switch and couldn't be happier!!!!

So glad you checked again!! I will do the dance of joy for you!!

Your family is going to be happy!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: