Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #151
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Hi, Help, Wanting to Change

Hi! I had posted a few times on the last version of the thread...but things had settled down, we thought 'for sure' we were going back next November so life continued on...

Then we unexpectedly got the opportunity to take a child-free 6 night trip in February. We've booked WL standard club level. But, I keep second guessing whether I need to changeover to YC club level. DH LOVES Epcot, but we've never stayed at WL. ARGH. I have a feeling I'm calling to switch tomorrow

Question - for a room only reservation, can they just change it to the other resort without having to refund the deposit and rebook completely? Even if it changes the type of discount (going from the Feb room only offer to military discount - don't ask me why I didn't just book the mil discount to begin with)?

THANKS!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #152
pas130
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Woefully behind friends I am back at work on a 24 hour shift! I had class today...promise to catch up after a nap (hopefully) BEEN SO BUSY

Miss you!!!

DetTigsGal...driving down

Candace...POR...for now

Melissa...girl get some rest

Thank you to Sarah, Janet, and Kook for updating the DIS world!!!

I'LL BE BAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Miss, Sheila, I Heart, Jen, and Mama Linda...and everyone else I am forgetting...Amanda, Marie, step....where is Heather....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #153
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation
Hi! I had posted a few times on the last version of the thread...but things had settled down, we thought 'for sure' we were going back next November so life continued on...

Then we unexpectedly got the opportunity to take a child-free 6 night trip in February. We've booked WL standard club level. But, I keep second guessing whether I need to changeover to YC club level. DH LOVES Epcot, but we've never stayed at WL. ARGH. I have a feeling I'm calling to switch tomorrow

Question - for a room only reservation, can they just change it to the other resort without having to refund the deposit and rebook completely? Even if it changes the type of discount (going from the Feb room only offer to military discount - don't ask me why I didn't just book the mil discount to begin with)?

THANKS!
CRO will have no issue just changing the resort without having to rebook. I speak from experience oh and congrats on the kid free vaca!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
I'm here!!! Woefully behind friends I am back at work on a 24 hour shift! I had class today...promise to catch up after a nap (hopefully) BEEN SO BUSY

Miss you!!!

DetTigsGal...driving down

Candace...POR...for now

Melissa...girl get some rest

Thank you to Sarah, Janet, and Kook for updating the DIS world!!!

I'LL BE BAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Miss, Sheila, I Heart, Jen, and Mama Linda...and everyone else I am forgetting...Amanda, Marie, step....where is Heather....
WELCOME HOME!!!! Cant wait to hear about the whirlwind Pas princess trip!!! Rest...no way, that would be way to easy. DD is losing her voice and has a low grade temp and burnt my finger with scalding olive oil tonight....I swear it never ends, LOL!! And forget the calls and texts DH is dealing with

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #154
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

pas - You're back! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

ready2vacation- the WL seems so cozy for an adults only trip, but the YC would be great too! Whatever you decide will be great.

Mousemommy - Sounds like your DD has been enjoying her play!

babyberger - Keep your eye on the prize, CR is going to be awesome!

I think you ladies are talking some sense into me. GF may be going bye-bye tomorrow. I'm not feeling the love for my Dolphin ressie right about now either. Where will I end up? Who knows at this point
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #155
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
WELCOME HOME!!!! Cant wait to hear about the whirlwind Pas princess trip!!! Rest...no way, that would be way to easy. DD is losing her voice and has a low grade temp and burnt my finger with scalding olive oil tonight....I swear it never ends, LOL!! And forget the calls and texts DH is dealing with

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oh boy, Melissa you poor thing!! I know exactly the texts DH is getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
pas - You're back! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I think you ladies are talking some sense into me. GF may be going bye-bye tomorrow. I'm not feeling the love for my Dolphin ressie right about now either. Where will I end up? Who knows at this point
I know how you feel, I have such guilt with the $$$ I spent at WDW and US, but it was well worth it! We ate 2 meals in the lounge so CL was worth it! Would it be worth it for all of us

It is doubtful that the girls will want to stay anywhere other than Poly or GF The Poly was AMAZING!!! WOW!!!! And GF, the smell, the lobby...

BLT is out for our summer trip, HRH disliked the decor...WL got "I'll stay here if I have too, but it's not my favorite"

DH has given me a laundry list of things we need, the house needs, etc...so we may be at POR in Summer when all is said and done as well, as long as I get back to WDW!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #156
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Lost my cell phone .... but it is found again .... in my car!!!
Mama, another piece of evidence we are related!!! I have lost my Debit card in my car, and found it Tuesday afternoon (the day we were leaving)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #157
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

I know how you feel, I have such guilt with the $$$ I spent at WDW and US, but it was well worth it! We ate 2 meals in the lounge so CL was worth it! Would it be worth it for all of us

It is doubtful that the girls will want to stay anywhere other than Poly or GF The Poly was AMAZING!!! WOW!!!! And GF, the smell, the lobby...

BLT is out for our summer trip, HRH disliked the decor...WL got "I'll stay here if I have too, but it's not my favorite"

DH has given me a laundry list of things we need, the house needs, etc...so we may be at POR in Summer when all is said and done as well, as long as I get back to WDW!!!!!!!!!
That's what I said....at least we are getting back to WDW!!!

POR is going to be awesome!!!! Well, it'll be decent at least.

Not as exciting as BC, but can't be as bad as CBR! I am excited to give the mods another go.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #158
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Not as exciting as BC, but can't be as bad as CBR! I am excited to give the mods another go.
See, that's me with CBR, and it's why I am so scared of the mods but both CSR and POR seem great! DH mentioned that he liked the pics I sent him of the pool at Poly and the girls on the beach...decisions, right??
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #159
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, that's me with CBR, and it's why I am so scared of the mods but both CSR and POR seem great! DH mentioned that he liked the pics I sent him of the pool at Poly and the girls on the beach...decisions, right??
CBR definitely made me "mod-phobic", but I am hoping POR will change my mind (my wallet hopes so too!)

But, even though we didn't like CBR, we still had an amazing trip, so even the "worst of the worst" wasn't all bad I guess.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #160
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm glad you loved the Poly.

The house stuff Two of our neighbors are getting new siding and now DH is on the kick to follow suit. The thing is, they are both getting away with less then honest insurance claims to pay for it. They both did it with new roofs last year too. I'm not going there. Bad karma. We paid for our new roof and we will pay for our new siding. After another year of APs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

POR does look gorgeous, and those royal rooms are adorable.

I cannot make myself call CRO today. The trip is part of the kiddos Xmas present and DH did say to use anniversary budget too so the travel budget will not take the full hit. I have to use some serious Disney math to support keeping it , but... no changes will be made today.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #161
gwynne
DIS Veteran

We're back, the wedding was lovely, bride and groom happy, parents exhausted.
One of the most enjoyable things I did was help with the flowers. We picked them up from the wholesaler, and arranged them ourselves. Another of DD's friends is a florist, (another town) and made the wrist corsages. Beautiful!
It was the busiest trip I've ever taken, I think. Our grandson had a great time at Disney. He loved playing in the sand at SAB, Soarin, and the Garden Grill. Thanks to all who helped me with planning the Disney portion, it really went well.

An unexpected bonus of the extra trips this year (not usual for us) is that I got to stay at BWI, BC and YC all in the same year.
It was a great way for me to compare what works best for us. We enjoyed our BWI/CL stay in Oct.

We stayed at BC/GV with son and family. It was the Wine and Dine half-marathon weekend, and it was busy! Our location was great, many thanks to RCers for the suggestion to ask for rooms near the elevator/lobby.
After the wedding, we had a one night stay YC/CL. It's been awhile since we've stayed at YC, but I was so glad we did. I remembered why I love that place, and we'll stay there next Sept. The CM's were wonderful, and it was just so nice to relax after all hard work of the wedding.

For me, it breaks down this way. I really like BWI/CL, but I don't need the high level of regular interaction with the CM's. I am more of a good morning, and be on my way type of person.
BC was fun, but frenetic. I would say it shows more wear and tear than the other two.
YC/CL, in the end was just right. The CM's were warm and helpful, but not overly chatty, the lounge offerings yummy, I felt like I came home.

I promise to get busy and back read. In the meantime, laundry awaits. Back to real life!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~

Last edited by gwynne; 11-18-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #162
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

I did it!

Called and switched this morning - instead of YC (seemed full and there is a big conference that week) went from WL to BWI. And since DH and I celebrated our 15 yr anniversary at home with our baby this year, we're celebrating our anniversary 4 months late in a Garden Suite (military discount).
Old 11-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #163
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Called and switched this morning - instead of YC (seemed full and there is a big conference that week) went from WL to BWI. And since DH and I celebrated our 15 yr anniversary at home with our baby this year, we're celebrating our anniversary 4 months late in a Garden Suite (military discount).

Time to change your ticker.....I recommend the generic ticker if you are prone to changes...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #164
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We are on I-4...Brendan texted the room is ready, he's off to ck it out.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #165
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We are on I-4...Brendan texted the room is ready, he's off to ck it out.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: