Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #1621
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I was thinking of Poly CL...

For several reasons....
1) I said I wouldn't stay there until it is rehabbed....well, it will be fresh and new for April!!!
2) I think we are definitely doing either Atlantis or the Dominican Republic next year instead of Disney....so I feel like I've gotta do this up!
3) I am picturing us arriving at Poly around 9:30 (our flight lands at 8:20 pm), checking in....grabbing a drink and watching Wishes from the lounge......on our first night.....

With that being said....our trip is paid off, and I love that...this would add another $1500 to the cost...thoughts????? What would you do????
I tried to change Wl to Poly today. No luck only LV and TPV CL available. I'll keep trying things seem to open up after the 45 day mark. If this is your last trip for a while I think you should do Club level at Poly. What about YC Cl.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #1622
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
If it's not going to force your family to eat Ramen noodles that were cooked over a fire pit b/c in order to pay for the upgrade you couldn't afford any other food or electricity, I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow. So you are thinking of taking a break from Disney in 2014?? Hmmm...I think if not staying at the Polynesian may be something you regret later, then do it now. When you come back to Disney after your break (I am sure you will...) the Yacht Club will still be there. Your girls will be older and I am sure will still love being close to Epcot.

But now might be the time to grab the magic of the Polynesian. It would be magical to experience a brand new CL I am sure. Wishes from the beach alone was wonderful. If the $1500 doesn't break the bank then I vote go for it!
A break...I hate those words!!!

But, DH really wants to go to the Caribbean, and our April Disney trip will be our fourth in 3 1/2 years, sooooooooo......I think he's done it my way more than enough...and yes!!! Then we will absolutely be back to Disney....I always come back to Disney....ever since I was seven....

Well, I will probably call CRO tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to get a GV CL room...might not be available, and then it's a moot point. If its meant to be, it will be...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #1623
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

A break...I hate those words!!!

But, DH really wants to go to the Caribbean, and our April Disney trip will be our fourth in 3 1/2 years, sooooooooo......I think he's done it my way more than enough...and yes!!! Then we will absolutely be back to Disney....I always come back to Disney....ever since I was seven....

Well, I will probably call CRO tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to get a GV CL room...might not be available, and then it's a moot point. If its meant to be, it will be...
Keep us posted....

And I am sorry, I didn't mean to use the "B" word!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #1624
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keep us posted....

And I am sorry, I didn't mean to use the "B" word!!
Shame on you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #1625
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I think one of your cute DD's (or both!) would look lovely here!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #1626
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think one of your cute DD's (or both!) would look lovely here!!
Awwwwwww.........you're being an enabler....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #1627
babyberger
DIS Veteran

The funny thing is that I was actually considering Poly for our April trip depending on the AP discounts I say go for it. You ever know what tomorrow will bring and the is what you really wanted since the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 01-13-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1628
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Candace: Well...maybe! I can't help it!

No really...do what is best for your family! I know you will make the right choice. One that you feel is the right fit. That is how I feel now after booking CL for our stay. So much that now we are also PIF!!!

Back to serious for a moment. Took the DD's to visit Nana tonight, they were really great about it, gave her hugs and kisses and held her hand. She tried to say things to them and move her arms but it didn't really work. She has had some drinks today which has surprised the nurses, and they think she is still not done fighting.

DH's family was there as was MIL and everyone was quite civil. Although she did not talk to myself or my children, everyone was pleasant for the sake of the situation. I actually hugged one of DH's sisters. I am not buying into the hatred anymore. It is poison.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #1629
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

No really...do what is best for your family! I know you will make the right choice. One that you feel is the right fit. That is how I feel now after booking CL for our stay. So much that now we are also PIF!!!

Back to serious for a moment. Took the DD's to visit Nana tonight, they were really great about it, gave her hugs and kisses and held her hand. She tried to say things to them and move her arms but it didn't really work. She has had some drinks today which has surprised the nurses, and they think she is still not done fighting.

DH's family was there as was MIL and everyone was quite civil. Although she did not talk to myself or my children, everyone was pleasant for the sake of the situation. I actually hugged one of DH's sisters. I am not buying into the hatred anymore. It is poison.
Jen, I am glad you got the girls to Nana. Sounds like she is a fighter! I hope the family can remain civil. HUGS!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #1630
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay! Yes, PIF makes everything so much more appealing!

I am glad that everyone was civil and that you are able to be above the pettiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen, I am glad you got the girls to Nana. Sounds like she is a fighter! I hope the family can remain civil. HUGS!!!!

Wouldn't it be funny if we both ended up at the Poly???

We shall see.....the YC is soooo pretty too...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1631
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

I am glad everyone was civil. Still praying for it to stay that way.

I am with you about the hatred. I even asked my sil about her camera, to see what kind she had. I am looking at a new one and thought it might be a Canon T4i. When I asked her she didn't know. I did ask her if it has a touch screen like the T4i's have and she said that it didn't.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #1632
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

I am glad everyone was civil. Still praying for it to stay that way.

I am with you about the hatred. I even asked my sil about her camera, to see what kind she had. I am looking at a new one and thought it might be a Canon T4i. When I asked her she didn't know. I did ask her if it has a touch screen like the T4i's have and she said that it didn't.
I still haven't talked to my friend. I'll call her tomorrow as I know she uses Canon's. I usually talk to her everyday, just been busy lately.

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1633
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Jenny - I'm glad things went well with the girls' visit to Nana

Mousemommy - I'd love to get the inside scoop on the Hawaii refurb We will probably end up splitting Poly CL/YC CL in July (after a million and one changes along the way, of course )
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #1634
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Jenny - I'm glad things went well with the girls' visit to Nana

Mousemommy - I'd love to get the inside scoop on the Hawaii refurb We will probably end up splitting Poly CL/YC CL in July (after a million and one changes along the way, of course )
This is the split MM had originally booked. This is the split we did last year and the one I would like to do in May. Wl Cl was great, but it's not the Poly. I could get the Poly Cl if I moved the trip up or back a week, but that's not happening at this point. I would love to try GF, but that construction is a real put off for me. We visited the GF in September I was so surprised people were ok paying that kind of money to look at contruction walls and cranes.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #1635
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I still haven't talked to my friend. I'll call her tomorrow as I know she uses Canon's. I usually talk to her everyday, just been busy lately.

No worries. I don't think I'm going to get the T4i now. The way they talk about it over at the Photography board, it's way too much camera for my needs. I'm thinking of a Panasonic G3 or maybe the G5 now. Another person on the thread has a G3 and posted a picture they took of the castle from the viewing area of California Grill. It's the kind of picture I want to take from our balcony. It's not a DSLR, but like the DSLRs you can buy different lenses to go with it. It sounds like of like the best of both worlds between a point and shoot and a DSLR. Now I just have to find somewhere to buy it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: