Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #1576
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Done!!

And.....DONE!!! Our first ever CL stay!!

I think this will make our short stay more convenient and time saving for sure!!
Yay!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #1577
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

thank you for the warm AND I MEAN WARM welcome...I truly appreciate it..
NOW ..
All Star Movies has a pretty good food court...and we are bringing our granddaughter and her fiance....so with TIW card ..they can do whatever they want at the resort and also in our sit down places and if we want to munch at the hotel too...
SOOOOOO if we go to Riverside...TIW is useless but they do have a great food court...
We stayed at Pop and didnt like that one at all...

We did put in for preferred rooms at Movies ...so maybe we should just stick with that..
BUT if AP rates do better on French Quarter ...we may change and do that one...

DO you catch my drift...

again thanks for the welcome

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #1578
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
NOW ..
All Star Movies has a pretty good food court...and we are bringing our granddaughter and her fiance....so with TIW card ..they can do whatever they want at the resort and also in our sit down places and if we want to munch at the hotel too...
SOOOOOO if we go to Riverside...TIW is useless but they do have a great food court...

We did put in for preferred rooms at Movies ...so maybe we should just stick with that..

DO you catch my drift...

Sounds about right to me!

Jenny - Congrats on CL!

Booked departing airfare today. Got a great rate departing on 7/25. Looks like I need to call and change my dates with CRO. I think I'm gonna switch to an AKV Kidani 1 BR while I'm at it.

I need to make a new ticker!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #1579
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Jeanette: thanks for the hugs....we are waiting for an update on Nana today.
Iheart: No, I don't think those rooms were included. I guess if we want to stay at WL, we will have to save up for 2 room, or rent points for a villa.

So....I am thinking the way to solve one of my dilemmas about Beach Club (the breakfast issue) is to just go ahead and book CL, and drop the silly dining plan. All in favor????

My goodness DH is gonna have my head!
When we did CL this past T'giving, I dropped the dining plan. The adrs we had were all lunch, except one. It did work for us ( boys 19 and 15)
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #1580
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I screwed up big time. I totally forgot that the BB isn't valid for summer dates until 8/4 and I booked our flights way too early....

I guess I'm in the land of hoping for an AP or GP discount that covers my dates.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1581
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Oh no, time to play catch up again! You girls get chatty at the most inconvenient times

Miss – the flours, oh boy there is a lot of them, let’s see….superfine brown rice, white rice, sorghum, millet, potato, tapioca starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, etc My kitchen is always covered in some type of white powder! People think I am crazy for not using a mix, but I have always liked to bake from scratch, so why stop now. I made another loaf of bread today and substituted buttermilk for regular milk and it was honestly my best loaf yet! See don’t get me on the baking talk, I don’t stop So as for you young lady, how dare you not clean your plate at La Cellier Seriously though, there is just so much great food at Disney it is hard to always finish everlything. Glad you enjoyed your meal. We haven’t eaten there since my 30th bday, oh boy, that was a while ago

Wookie – congrats on getting more money than planned Sounds like Sept fits DH’s wants and will work out great! Our Sept rates this past year were very low, so you should be good. Have you decided on the camera? I saw you asking about it on FB today. I don’t know much about cameras but I have a good friend who is a photographer that I can ask if you would like.

Jen – I am glad DH’s family was civil last night and will continue to be throughout this sad time Congrats on the CL upgrade We loved having CL for breakfast on our last trip. We would actually go grab something in our jammies and bring it back and eat while we were getting ready, huge time saver! Now sadly CL will no longer work for me with the whole gluten free issue

Kook – thank you once again for posting the pictures of Janet and Linda. Oh and by the way, I am happy to see you finally have another trip planned

Padawans - Here is to our secret Disney mug club Although I do love a Grey Goose Slushie and a good margarita as well

Jeanette - hope you had a good day of running around and maybe are home resting tonight, but knowing you, you are most likely at work

Candace – reasonable suggestion? Is that really you? You just are excited to try those cereal bowls

I_heart – OH NO Is it worth changing the flights to get the BB discount? I guess you wont really know that until the AP/GP discounts come out

Hope everyone else had a great day! I had a meeting at the school for DS this morning and he ended up coming home with me as he was not feeling well. I think one of the new meds is making him very nauseous so we need to figure that out now too But hopefully we will have a quiet evening and tomorrow I can get some errands done.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #1582
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Done!!

I think this will make our short stay more convenient and time saving for sure!!
Yeah!! You will love it. Honestly I would be booking CL again, but my dh has 6 weeks vacation in 2014, and I have this little voice in my head telling me to save money to buy AP's again. I have even thought about switching from WL to CSR. It's so unlike me to plan ahead.

BB I have heard a lot about the grey goose slushie. I'm going to have to give it a try. My favorite epcot drink so far is the avocado margarita.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1583
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie – congrats on getting more money than planned Sounds like Sept fits DH’s wants and will work out great! Our Sept rates this past year were very low, so you should be good. Have you decided on the camera? I saw you asking about it on FB today. I don’t know much about cameras but I have a good friend who is a photographer that I can ask if you would like.

Melissa
That would be awesome. I need as many opinions as I can get.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #1584
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

UGGGHHHH!!! My DH is an evil RC enabler!!! Last night, as part of my birthday present, he talked as much about the WDW trip as I wanted. At one point he said, "what about staying at the Grand Floridian." TPV rooms at the GF are like maybe $300 more for the outer building. I just don't know if that view would be as great as the one at CR. He even wanted to go over menus at the places I was planning on making ADRs for.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #1585
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba
NOW ..

DO you catch my drift...

Sure do catch your drift! I would stick with All Star Movies until you find out the rate at POFQ with AP. If it is better I would definitely switch. If you all spend more time in the parks you wouldn't use the food court a whole lot anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1586
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
UGGGHHHH!!! My DH is an evil RC enabler!!! Last night, as part of my birthday present, he talked as much about the WDW trip as I wanted. At one point he said, "what about staying at the Grand Floridian." TPV rooms at the GF are like maybe $300 more for the outer building. I just don't know if that view would be as great as the one at CR. He even wanted to go over menus at the places I was planning on making ADRs for.
Hehe, funny! I don't know, I would think the view from GF TPV rooms would be better. From the CR it's more of a side view, GF is almost straight across, but to the side a little. Just trying to make it easier, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #1587
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well folks, it's about that time again!

It's Disney Diet time!!!

Yes, that time of year, when I am about 12 weeks out from my trip (just under 14 right now actually ) and I realize that I need to lose some weight (especially after the holidays) before my next trip!

Well, I will be starting said diet on Sunday...and hope to lose 30 pounds (about 2 lbs per week) by the time of my trip! Wish me luck, or join in if you will!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #1588
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
It's Disney Diet time!!!

Yes, that time of year, when I am about 12 weeks out from my trip (just under 14 right now actually ) and I realize that I need to lose some weight (especially after the holidays) before my next trip!

Well, I will be starting said diet on Sunday...and hope to lose 30 pounds (about 2 lbs per week) by the time of my trip! Wish me luck, or join in if you will!
That's a great idea, good luck and some pixie dust!! I have tried that the past few years without success. This year I'm taking a new approach. Instead of a diet, it's a lifestyle change of eating healthier. I've done ok so far, I always mess up at dinner but get right back on board the next morning. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by my 30th bday in May, I don't think that's too far fetched, and then hopefully I can lose another 20 lbs before our Disney trip, then I'll be right around where I need to be!! It's going to be very difficult though!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #1589
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Kook: I love the pictures! Thanks again for sharing them..
I really wish we could fit into a WL room.
Don't give-up on the Deluxe room - no one knows better than us that people cancel and change all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Kook, love the pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Thanks, Kook, love the pics! As for where the people are...they all went home since they were all there with us on the 30th at MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Absolutely LOVE those pics, Kook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Anyhow...our Kooktastic Lodge Temptress is trying to ch-ch-change a reservation...I assume to WL or BLT ..........she mentioned it on the WL thread
I have two room-only bookings for the same resort. The 40% discount is blacked-out after two nights. Last spring break they lifted the black-out so I got BWI/CL and WL/CL 40% off It was diabolical yesterday trying to get through to the WDTC to change the first two nights. No problem at all getting through to SOG/overflow to change the last 5 nights - which I did twice in one day. It's all squared away now and we are booked at FWC - cabinrific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Love the new Grumpy Grandma and Janet pics kook! I've only been back a few days and I miss it already.

Quote:
Jeanette: thanks for the hugs....we are waiting for an update on Nana today.
Iheart: No, I don't think those rooms were included. I guess if we want to stay at WL, we will have to save up for 2 room, or rent points for a villa.

So....I am thinking the way to solve one of my dilemmas about Beach Club (the breakfast issue) is to just go ahead and book CL, and drop the silly dining plan. All in favor????

My goodness DH is gonna have my head!
Any Nana update? My vote is drop the DDP and add CL or wait for a discount and book at VWL

Quote:
Done!!

Thanks for listening to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
NOW ..

DO you catch my drift...

Your indecision is in the right place

Actually, TIW isn't totally useless at POR. You can use it at Boatwright's and the River Roost. And, you could go right over to POFQ and use it at
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory and the Scat Cat's Club. You could also take the boat over to DTD and use TIW at the following:

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Marketplace:
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
Fulton's Crab House

DOWNTOWN DISNEY Pleasure Island:
Paradiso 37
Portobello
Raglan Road

DOWNTOWN DISNEY West Side:
Bongo's Cuban Cafe
House of Blues (excludes Sunday brunch)
Planet Hollywood
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Kook – thank you once again for posting the pictures of Janet and Linda. Oh and by the way, I am happy to see you finally have another trip planned

Hope everyone else had a great day! I had a meeting at the school for DS this morning and he ended up coming home with me as he was not feeling well. I think one of the new meds is making him very nauseous so we need to figure that out now too But hopefully we will have a quiet evening and tomorrow I can get some errands done.

Melissa
How is DS feeling today? Thank you for the trip booking well wishes. I'm really not the same without a WDW trip booked - I know you all know just what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
My favorite epcot drink so far is the avocado margarita.
If one were so inclined, where would one find this guacamole, umm, avocado margarita?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #1590
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would be awesome. I need as many opinions as I can get.
When I talk to her latter I will ask her for sure!

Quote:
What do the boys think of the GF? My kiddos have no interest in it and both DH and DS could not stand the smell of the lobby...something to think about with JM if he has any sensory issues with smell. I think that is why they like CR so much, the muted tones, and clean lines, the GF is just so busy with floral prints and smells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Sure do catch your drift! I would stick with All Star Movies until you find out the rate at POFQ with AP. If it is better I would definitely switch. If you all spend more time in the parks you wouldn't use the food court a whole lot anyways.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
If you arent really spending time at the parks, I think either resort is fine. Although we really did like the quiet feel of POFQ, where as AS Movies always seems over run with groups and kids running every where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It's Disney Diet time!!!

I really need to lose the same 30lbs, but just cant get motivated. I had started right before my whole surgery situation in the fall, and now just cant seem to find the will power again. Maybe you will be my motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That's a great idea, good luck and some pixie dust!! I have tried that the past few years without success. This year I'm taking a new approach. Instead of a diet, it's a lifestyle change of eating healthier. I've done ok so far, I always mess up at dinner but get right back on board the next morning. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by my 30th bday in May, I don't think that's too far fetched, and then hopefully I can lose another 20 lbs before our Disney trip, then I'll be right around where I need to be!! It's going to be very difficult though!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
That is more my style, I never do well on a strict diet, lifestyle changes seems to work much better. Ugh, why cant we just eat what we want and be skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
How is DS feeling today? Thank you for the trip booking well wishes. I'm really not the same without a WDW trip booked - I know you all know just what I mean
He seemed a little better today, thank you I am taking him into the dr for something else today, but going to talk to her about the meds and havoc they are causing in his body since the gastro didn't seem to concerned yesterday.

I knew you didnt feel quite right without a trip planned Glad you got that solved and you are back to "normal"

Okay need to get the pizza crust out of the oven and cooling so I can head out to pick up the kiddos.

Hope everyone is having a good day

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: