Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #1531
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

That makes me want to fill mine in September with Long Island Iced Tea.
Disney Drinking at its best Wait, September, I missed that....is it definite?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #1532
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Then I will keep quiet as well. The only episode from season 3 I haven't seen is the Christmas episode. My ringtone is the Downton Abbey theme. My DH gets frustrated when a telemarketer calls my cell and instead of ingorning the call, I listen to the ringtone because I love it so much.
Who's your favourite character? I absolutely adore the Dowager Countess. She is a flippin' RIOT (and reminds me of my MIL with some of her snark although I'd prefer the Dowager methinks )

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Why thank you I can't believe how good the gluten free goodies are coming out. The bread barely makes it our of the oven, they can't get enough of the pizza crust, and the cookies are simply addictive! I am lucky that I like to bake because the frozen items just weren't cutting it.

Just stay away from MK on Sat and Mon and you should be okay. If we renew our passes again we'll probably come up that first weekend in Jan too

We have definitely learned to make our drinks in the room and not pay those ridiculous prices! My resort mug tends to smell like vodka and limes, LOL! No one even thinks twice when you walk around with a Disney mug

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
What flour have you been using for the bread loaves? What's the texture like? Maybe I really don't want to know... I'm supposed to be putting my darn bread machine away.

And to add to my questions for the evening because I'm full of them, it seems... what's the deal with Saturday and Monday at MK -- would that be the 4th and 6th of Jan. you mean? (Had to pull up the calendar.) Now I'm scared. Oh, and we absolutely must meet up if you're going to be in town, of course.


----------------

Forgive me RCers, for I have sinned. I've forgotten to share my confession so here goes:

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time ever this past Saturday. It was really nice. (I did question the waitress on the authenticity of the poutine however because the cheese looked decidedly un-curd-like. I don't think she liked me much after that accusation.) After sharing the poutine, a bowl of the delightfully smoky cheddar cheese soup, a fair number of pretzel mini-baguettes and a Caesar (the drink, not the salad), I could only eat half... half of my delicious and scrumdiddlyumptious burger. Seriously. Only half. I almost cried when she took the plate away. I am thoroughly ashamed.

Missoutandabout is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #1533
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,114

Padawans, Wookie, Melissa, Love the libation tips!

Missout, Your meal at LeCellier sounds like it was scrumptious! I love that place. Whenever we go, I always make sure to factor in plenty of wander in the garden time there. Canada-my favorite Epcot Country.

Time for me to skedaddle downstairs. It's almost time for Top Chef!
__________________
Ginny Trip planning is half the fun!

TY Kook!
gwynne is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #1534
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Disney Drinking at its best Wait, September, I missed that....is it definite?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
According to the DH it is. He was talking about the trip today, and actually was looking forward to it. Maybe it's a side effect of him being sick. Probably is, since when I cam into our room to let him know the reheated mushroom risotto was ready for him to eat, he was snuggled up with one of my favorite blankets and my huge penguin. He wants low crowds and the possibility of free dining, so September fills his requirements. He even let me add a day so we could go to MNSSHP if they have it on Friday the 13th. Now that I'm getting more money than planned in a few weeks, he's even letting me keep the upgrade to free dining. I told him I was getting back about $1K less than I am getting. That way I can pay for the upgrade to the iPhone 5 and get a new camera. I don't think the one I have will do pictures very well from our balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Who's your favourite character? I absolutely adore the Dowager Countess. She is a flippin' RIOT (and reminds me of my MIL with some of her snark although I'd prefer the Dowager methinks )
She is mine as well. You just never know what is going to come out of her mouth when she opens it to speak. Plus I adore Maggie Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Forgive me RCers, for I have sinned. I've forgotten to share my confession so here goes:

We ate at Le Cellier for the first time ever this past Saturday. It was really nice. (I did question the waitress on the authenticity of the poutine however because the cheese looked decidedly un-curd-like. I don't think she liked me much after that accusation.) After sharing the poutine, a bowl of the delightfully smoky cheddar cheese soup, a fair number of pretzel mini-baguettes and a Caesar (the drink, not the salad), I could only eat half... half of my delicious and scrumdiddlyumptious burger. Seriously. Only half. I almost cried when she took the plate away. I am thoroughly ashamed.

I love Le Cellier!! The fact I am getting more money, and that we could only go there in September if we are on the DlxDDP, are the reasons we are upgrading to the DlxDDP. That soup was amazing!! I was afraid it would have too much of a beer taste to it, but it didn't at all. I don't remember what my DSs had, but I had the mushroom filet, and it was amazing. I loved risotto so much that I learned to make it and it's now one of my family's two favorite meals I make. The DH had the pork dish and asked to change the side to the risotto. Our server acted like that wasn't possible, but she did bring him an additional side of it for free. Did you have dessert? I love the kids chocolate mousse.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #1535
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sending prayers for DH's grandmother, you, your DH and the rest of his family.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I got some awesome news today. Here in the next couple of weeks, I was supposed to get some money. I had a certain amount I was expecting, and I logged in to double check the amount and if it said when I would get it. Well, I'm getting about 4 times what I was thinking I would get. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Wookie:Thank you for the kind thoughts about DH's grandmother. He went tonight to see her as she is still fighting, and the dreaded sisters were there. But the world didn't end, and everyone was civil. Poor DH though, he came in the kitchen to tell me how it went and started crying. Lots of hugs all around. BTW THAT IS AMAZING ABOUT YOUR WINDFALL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
DH is like a child right now, grinning from ear to ear about Atlantis. Who knew it was that easy to make him smile like that?

He asked me if I was sure, and I told him that I am. He said "but, the mine train..." I responded "2015"....

He said "you know I love Disney (and I know he does), but I'm just excited to try something new...we've spent a lot of time in Disney over the past four years". And I know we have....compromise....such a beautiful thing.
Candace: I love new and exciting plans!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
MM Atlantis is nice. Have you considered a Disney cruise you can visit Atlantis for a day.
Miss You know they have diet lemonade at Hurricane Hannahs. A little ice and vodka in you cup before you head to the pool then add some lemonade when you get there. You have a nice drink. I can get a bottle of Vodka in the gift shop for less than the cost of two bar drinks.
Padawans: Thank you very much for the drink tip!! I will file it away for May!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
We ate at Le Cellier for the first time ever this past Saturday. It was really nice. (I did question the waitress on the authenticity of the poutine however because the cheese looked decidedly un-curd-like. I don't think she liked me much after that accusation.) After sharing the poutine, a bowl of the delightfully smoky cheddar cheese soup, a fair number of pretzel mini-baguettes and a Caesar (the drink, not the salad), I could only eat half... half of my delicious and scrumdiddlyumptious burger. Seriously. Only half. I almost cried when she took the plate away. I am thoroughly ashamed.
Miss: Oh....I desperately loved Le Cellier!! And the burger was delish too? I had the mushroom filet and practically licked the plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Padawans, Wookie, Melissa, Love the libation tips!

Missout, Your meal at LeCellier sounds like it was scrumptious! I love that place. Whenever we go, I always make sure to factor in plenty of wander in the garden time there. Canada-my favorite Epcot Country.

Time for me to skedaddle downstairs. It's almost time for Top Chef!
Ginny:Yay!! Love ya Ginny!

Melissa: I admire your determination to make gluten free sweets and treats! Good for you, I am sure it will help out so much.

Well, that is all for now, DH gave me only a few minutes here, he needs attention. Very emotional tonight. My sensitive guy.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #1536
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie:Thank you for the kind thoughts about DH's grandmother. He went tonight to see her as she is still fighting, and the dreaded sisters were there. But the world didn't end, and everyone was civil. Poor DH though, he came in the kitchen to tell me how it went and started crying. Lots of hugs all around. BTW THAT IS AMAZING ABOUT YOUR WINDFALL!!
I'm glad everyone was civil. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thank you. I had forgotten that I was supposed to get extra this time, I had just forgotten. Plus I didn't think it would be that much more. I've already found an awesome Disney case for the new iPhone that has a spot for cards. It looks like a leather book embossed with gold MHs. I thought about just a hard case, but thought the other would be better for when I don't want to take my purse or wallet somewhere. Plus, I'm DSLR shopping and have it narrowed down to 2 cameras. I asked on the Photo boards which is better and hopefully they can help me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well, that is all for now, DH gave me only a few minutes here, he needs attention. Very emotional tonight. My sensitive guy.
Give your DH an extra great big hug from me. Mine had that point with his grandmother as well. She had cancer in both her lungs and brain. Once they got the diagnosis, I would drive my mil & fil the 8 hour one way drive to see her every weekend. My DH refused to go because he still wasn't totally happy with how his grandmother acted when he grandfather was dying from cancer. She married as soon as he died to a man, they were pretty sure she was fooling around with while her husband was dying (which was the ex I spoke of earlier). Then one weekend it hit him all of a sudden that she wouldn't be around much longer and he had to see her. The fil stayed at home with the DS and the DH, mil and I went to see her. When she died he was glad he had the chance to see her again. She even had a moment while he was there, where she was her normal self.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #1537
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,775

Day Two...

A tribute to Sarah:











Where are all the people this morning at the MK?!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-10-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Needed to copy/paste to the Sarah Memorial thread
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #1538
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Kook: I love the pictures! Thanks again for sharing them.. Yes, the MK doesn't look too busy does it? Or perhaps they shooed everyone out of the way for the RC pic!

Ok, so I am a little torn right now. Our plan for May might be changing. We originally planned to fit swimming time in after coming back from the parks at night, but it seems that SAB may completely close down at 8 pm ish? This came from Teena on the BC thread, and she knows her stuff for sure. Do you think they extend the hours in May?

We were super disappointed at the Poly in Sept when we would come back to the resort around 9 or a little later and the slide was closed at the pool already. But if the whole pool is closed that is even worse!

I am thinking about POR again...we will be at the parks a lot anyway. Ack.....not sure.

I really wish we could fit into a WL room.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #1539
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Why thank you I can't believe how good the gluten free goodies are coming out. The bread barely makes it our of the oven, they can't get enough of the pizza crust, and the cookies are simply addictive! I am lucky that I like to bake because the frozen items just weren't cutting it.

Just stay away from MK on Sat and Mon and you should be okay. If we renew our passes again we'll probably come up that first weekend in Jan too

We have definitely learned to make our drinks in the room and not pay those ridiculous prices! My resort mug tends to smell like vodka and limes, LOL! No one even thinks twice when you walk around with a Disney mug

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I like the pool bar drinks, but there a little on the sweet side for me. Let's hope they never ask to smell our mugs.
padawans is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #1540
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Kook: I love the pictures! Thanks again for sharing them.. Yes, the MK doesn't look too busy does it? Or perhaps they shooed everyone out of the way for the RC pic!

Ok, so I am a little torn right now. Our plan for May might be changing. We originally planned to fit swimming time in after coming back from the parks at night, but it seems that SAB may completely close down at 8 pm ish? This came from Teena on the BC thread, and she knows her stuff for sure. Do you think they extend the hours in May?

We were super disappointed at the Poly in Sept when we would come back to the resort around 9 or a little later and the slide was closed at the pool already. But if the whole pool is closed that is even worse!

I am thinking about POR again...we will be at the parks a lot anyway. Ack.....not sure.

I really wish we could fit into a WL room.
Could you stay in one of the deluxe CO rooms?

Kook, love the pics!! I would love to be there today. Instead I'm going to go to work with my sick DH. Y'all have a good day while I' m with Grumpy.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1541
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
A tribute to Sarah:



Where are all the people this morning at the MK?!
Thanks, Kook, love the pics! As for where the people are...they all went home since they were all there with us on the 30th at MK!
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #1542
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Jenny We were there in May last year we usually left the pool by 730pm. I can't remember if it was open when we returned from dinner. It seems odd to close at 8pm.


Wookie Congrats on the extra money. Any upgrades planned?


MM Have fun planning your new adventure. I'm looking forward to doing non WDW in 2014. I have Aulani and maybe another cruise on my radar. Disney is by far the most vacation we could take. I guess that's because we don't have to buy airfare. I can find resorts much cheaper than Disney just about anywhere in the world. Yet we keep going back.
padawans is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #1543
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Good morning, ladies.

Absolutely LOVE those pics, Kook! Especially the Sarah Sunshine Terrace classic pose... (That is strange about MK, looks deserted. )

Jen: Thinking about you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Missout, Your meal at LeCellier sounds like it was scrumptious! I love that place. Whenever we go, I always make sure to factor in plenty of wander in the garden time there. Canada-my favorite Epcot Country.
We quite liked it back in there! Not sure why we never ventured off to explore back there before -- though it probably had something to do with Off Kilter playing. every. single. time. we were walking by on previous visits. (Who we like listening to, but boy do they create a huge bottle-neck!)

Wookie: I love that you have the theme song as your ringtone! (Another confession: whenever the intro comes on, the first thing that runs through my mind is "Dog Butt." )

------------

I have a question for you experts, thought I'd ask here first before heading out to look it up because I know someone here will know! We were thinking of having an early breakfast at MK -- I assume this will allow you into the park before it opens with an ADR. Is the only table service Crystal Palace or is there something else?

We did rope drop -- our first -- on our Epcot day last week. Hubs ran over to get a TT Fastpass and we headed over to Sunshine Seasons. We'd never eaten there before but it was quiet and relaxed for breakfast in the morning. (All the throngs of people were running over to Soarin'.) Got us the idea of doing something similar at MK.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #1544
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans
Wookie Congrats on the extra money. Any upgrades planned?
Honestly, I hadn't thought about that. I may though if the DH keeps refusing to let me buy a new camera. The one I want will be about $1,000 with the additional lens.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #1545
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
Good morning, ladies.

Wookie: I love that you have the theme song as your ringtone! (Another confession: whenever the intro comes on, the first thing that runs through my mind is "Dog Butt." )
It's my general ringtone. I do have a few others for people like my mom, DH, sister, and in laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
I have a question for you experts, thought I'd ask here first before heading out to look it up because I know someone here will know! We were thinking of having an early breakfast at MK -- I assume this will allow you into the park before it opens with an ADR. Is the only table service Crystal Palace or is there something else?

We did rope drop -- our first -- on our Epcot day last week. Hubs ran over to get a TT Fastpass and we headed over to Sunshine Seasons. We'd never eaten there before but it was quiet and relaxed for breakfast in the morning. (All the throngs of people were running over to Soarin'.) Got us the idea of doing something similar at MK.
What about CRT?
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.