Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #1516
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

On a side note, DH's grandmother (94 years old) is close to the end of her life right now, she is in a home. She has phenumonia, is on oxygen, and morphine. They have told DH's aunt (who we are very close to) that she will not be getting better this time. So....big family drama getting ready to explode over here. MIL does not only not speak to us, but hasn't spoken to the aunt(her sis) in 10 years either. The aunt has been the primary cargiver and support for the grandmother, and it is just going to be very messy and upsetting for everyone including DH. Families....yikes.
I'm sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! My aunt passed away back in Dec and there were a lot of similar family issues there, so yes, unfortunately I know first hand what a mess it can be.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #1517
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Hot off the presses! Our very own Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and Janet (Janet B) are at POR awaiting climate controlled motor coach transport to AK... (Is that big bag on the floor going with them?)
Great picture!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #1518
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Our RCing Angel Sarah is seeing to the pixie dust for Linda and Janet ...

They were surprised with two Fastpasses.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #1519
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: I like your plans, and I do agree that the kiddos don't do much the first day back after break. When you figure out a good summer holiday destination where we don't have to make beds, cook or worry about the kids having fun you let me know!!
This sounds like a Utopia which doesn't exist, doesn't it? (Or we can just call this place "Disney" like we all know it should be. )

Quote:
On a side note, DH's grandmother (94 years old) is close to the end of her life right now, she is in a home. She has phenumonia, is on oxygen, and morphine. They have told DH's aunt (who we are very close to) that she will not be getting better this time. So....big family drama getting ready to explode over here. MIL does not only not speak to us, but hasn't spoken to the aunt(her sis) in 10 years either. The aunt has been the primary cargiver and support for the grandmother, and it is just going to be very messy and upsetting for everyone including DH. Families....yikes.
Oh my. Sad enough to deal with as it is, without adding the lack of communication into it. Sorry you all are going through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
... I take it to the pool in a Mickey cup.
This. This is hilarious! And I love this idea. Might have to steal it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Sounds like a great plan to me! My boys missed the first day back this year. No big deal to me. Of course last year I pulled them for 8 days over 2 trips so....
They don't mind missing the first day back? I love how you guys are so reassuring.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #1520
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! Super busy day at work today, trying to keep up with ya, but everytime I log on there are a million more posts and something comes up here. Darn work, always getting in the way!

Loving the pictures of Janet and Linda!

Jen Sorry to hear about the family drama, and mostly about your DH grandmother. So sad.

Erica Your plan for a new trip sounds great!!!

Well, DH went into full swing in pricing out a trip to Atlantis...I think he is very excited about getting "his" type of vacation and probably wants to move on it before I change my mind....well, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Pretty comparable to a Disney trip actually....I am actually pretty excited about it...but, we would have to chose between Atlantis and Disney for next year....and I think we will end up choosing Atlantis...
They have a great military discount there too!!!

DH loves Disney, and I want him to keep loving it. So, I don't want to constantly shove it at him and I think it would be best to let him pick a vacation this time and then that way, we'll all be ready to go back to Disney.
So, we are looking at Atlantis for Feb 2014...

The Snow White Mine Train will have to wait until 2015 if all goes as currently planned...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #1521
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would stick with one of the onsite hotels. You can't beat the location the Grand California. You are literally inside California Adventure. I know prices are crazy right now. I think when the novelty of Carsland wears off they will bring back the discounts. If your looking at offsite hotels check out the Embassy Suites at Disneyland. Great free cooked to order breakfast. Free cocktails from 5-7. Not just beer and wine, but a full bar. You also get a nice big suite.
Thanks so much for the recommendation KOOK! I like the idea of GC = but I hear the pricing is crazy...however, perhaps it would be comparable to what I am used to spending for BC/ or AKL or even POLY CL?? What do you think of Disney Land HOtel?? I am almost more smitten by the theming there (that monorail slide looks amazing!) than the GC?? any thoughts between the 2?? also DLH has been recently renovated/ new rooms is always a big plus!!! Thanks for the off site recommendation too....I think I have decided if I can at all swing it , it will be onsite though!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #1522
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I miss my RC family!!! I am going to try to catch up a bit, but I know that I wont even coming close to getting to everyone or everything , so I apologize in advance to those I miss.

Candace  my kids have begged us to go to Atlantis, but we havent bit the bullet yet. We priced it out last year but opted to do an AI in Turks & Caicos, but of course ended up cancelling I think we will get there one day.

KOOK and Miss  thank you for the pics! I am sure Janet and Linda are having a great time and Angel Sarah is watching over and with them in spirit

Jen  I am so sorry to hear about DHs grandmother It really does stink that the family is so messed up, I hope for DHs sake it isnt too bad, family drama has no place when losing a loved one. (Been there, done that )

Marie - I totally understand, DH is not a really a Disney person he does it for the kids, but once they outgrow it, he will too. Maybe I could get him to do F&W just us, since we do like that kind of stuff, but he would rather lay on the beach with a Corona and a cigar, LOL! I am sure your Dis trips will be great, and I think the DL one sounds so exciting! Fingers crossed for you!

i_heart  the food (and drinks) at Atlantis is the exact we reason we have always opted for a cruise or an AI. We always price it out but we know that the food and bar bills would probably be much higher than the flights and room together. OH NO on locking yourself out of the house Glad DH came home to rescue you and DD.

Pumba  welcome! We are definitely one big group therapy session!

Ginny  Hi, how are you doing????

Miss  I really love the first week of January! The only reason we didnt go this year was our passes were blacked out until the 5th and I was afraid we would miss the castle lit up, so we opted to go in Dec. But Jans prices and weather are usually great!

Okay, got to get dinner going, I knew I wouldnt get to everyone, but it is better than nothing

Miss you all
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1523
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Well since you ladies have been so chatty since I was on last, I'm going to have to break this up into two posts....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hello my friends! Enjoying one of my days off - making a nice meal for the family ( a stuffed pork loin). I was online googling videos of how to butterfly / roll cut a pork loin to stuff. I thought I had it down and went to try mine- but sad to say I pretty much butchered it! It's much more "holey" than I wanted and I am hoping I can salvage it, lol -- I am waiting for my stuffing to cool so I can stuff it we shall see!
This is one of the things I'll miss if I move to full time / I love the chance to make nicer meals for the family a few times a week
That sounds so yummy!!

Quote:
I am having fun researching DL -- as I mentioned, I haven't been since 1990, and there is so much new to see! Carsland, California adventure, they are both new to me I will love to go with my Disney loving DS16 and his BFF, I think it would be great! I am having a hard time deciding where to stay however - heart is pulling me to either Grand Californian or Disneyland hotel / I am an on site deluxe, club level loving gal! Budget mind is saying take a look offsite/ it's not as imperative to the experience at DL to be on site -- I am looking at the best western park place? It includes a nice breakfast-- I am a hotel snob though and want somewhere nice with a good pool for the kids and a breakfast would be a plus too.... It's hard though when you've never been and are not familiar with the hotels! Hope it works out, I would love a week trip there next yr!

Well, time to go stuff and roll the roast! Wish me luck
I have never been to DL. I did price a trip for the DH and I, but it was so much more expensive that we ended up going to WDW instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I hope you get good news and fast!
Me too!! I hate having to wait for news like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Ok...for now, "the deed is done"! The GF has been booked, and sis knows. She's happy with it. (dznycrzy11, , she loves it like me, but hates the cost of it!)
Stay tuned for further updates.. (hopefully, only to make ADRs!)
I'm glad the sis is happy with the move to the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Double Digit Dancing!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
So, I locked DD and I out of the house when taking the boys to the bus stop today. It's 37 and raining here. No spare key because I usually just use the keypad on the garage if that happens. Not today. Battery must be dead or something. Poor DH had to come home from work to rescue us. Oh well, we are back in and warm now so all is good.

Have a great Wednesday ladies!
That sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm glad y'all made it back in to keep warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Christine: Did you catch the premiere of Downton Abbey?!
Which season? Season 3 or 4? I love that series!! One of the episodes had me crying so hard and was hard to get through.

Quote:
Okay, so here's the scoop... well, at least the "As We Know It Now" scoop -- and we all know how those scoops go (right out the window).

How does this sound? ...

We're going to do a similar trip to this past one, so looking at January 2014. We'll be arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th, keeping Miss M out of the first day back at school. I'm hoping we won't feel too guilty about her missing the first day back after Christmas break but they really don't seem to do much that first day anyway. Right? I need some reassurance (a.k.a. "enabling" ) here. Our reasoning for keeping her out one day after Christmas break is two-fold: it would be instead of going for Halloween and having to keep her out multiple days shortly after school started and we could get cheaper flights coming back on Monday, hopefully.

We'd do nothing on the 2nd, then Epcot, HS and MK on our last day, flying out the following day.

We'd probably stay at BC this go, though hubs said he liked the serenity of YC this time and the BC was far-and-away much busier right after New Years so that's up in the air. (Splitting hairs if you ask me.)
It sounds like a great trip!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #1524
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

....and the 2nd post...
Quote:
I'm so sorry. We were so afraid that when my DH's grandmother there would be a lot of drama. His grandmother had divorced her 2nd husband several years before she became ill with cancer. He had put several things into his will that she was given in the divorce, so my DH's family was afraid the ex and his children would cause problems at her funeral. Luckily, the ex didn't show up to the wedding, but several of his children did. They even were brave enough to ask people what the DH's grandmother gave her children in her will. Hopefully it will not be as messy as you fear. Sending prayers for DH's grandmother, you, your DH and the rest of his family.
Quote:
Well, DH went into full swing in pricing out a trip to Atlantis...I think he is very excited about getting "his" type of vacation and probably wants to move on it before I change my mind....well, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Pretty comparable to a Disney trip actually....I am actually pretty excited about it...but, we would have to chose between Atlantis and Disney for next year....and I think we will end up choosing Atlantis...
They have a great military discount there too!!!

DH loves Disney, and I want him to keep loving it. So, I don't want to constantly shove it at him and I think it would be best to let him pick a vacation this time and then that way, we'll all be ready to go back to Disney.
So, we are looking at Atlantis for Feb 2014...

The Snow White Mine Train will have to wait until 2015 if all goes as currently planned...
Quote:
Hi Candace!

I saw a ad on TV last night for Atlantis, and it got my gears rolling -- perhaps a winter trip/ or a christmas trip to there might be interesting! it looks like all inclusive family fun! My oldest son will be 21 in June, so don't know how he'd feel about tagging along on another family trip, but if it is the bahamas-- hey, who'd want to forgo a trip to the bahama's???? I agree with you 100% -- nothing seems as good to me as Disney. Well, now my DH will disagree, he can only handle it every 4-5 yrs or so, or it gets old to him....but I love it. I did learn this last October trip though that it IS the people you are with who make it or break it.....and I think once I don't have someone to share the experience with, it might get old to me too -- but, at least for 2 more trips, I am hoping to have the same love and excitement. As I mentioned, I haven't been to DL in 23 yrs....lots has changed, and if I bring my DS16 and his best friend, I think we could still have a blast trying all the new DL stuff...... and it wouldn't be too long of a trip -- only a week, so DH would be fine home with our oldest DS and the cat Then I'd like to take DS then 17 and his GF to the world one more time for a GRAD trip -- most likely Jan 2015..... after that, my trips will have to have my Dis friends to keep me excited because I think my family will be all Disney'd out except ME!!!!
Disney sure has me spoiled though for the all inclusive feel!
I would love to stay at the Atlantis!! It looks like such an amazing place.

Quote:
My Pork loin turned out great! with the string holding it all together, it cooked well and the stuffing stayed in. I will take my time butterflying it next time, I watched the video online again so I know where I went wrong! LOL

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!!!!
I'm glad it turned out well. It did sound so yummy!!!

Well the DSs birthday went great!! We went to the mall and to Sea Life Aquarium. I'll make that as a "I did it once and never again" thing. His Nyan Cat cake look amazing and tasted even better. The risotto came out great and I even had enough for dinner tonight. I started a new class this week and it's going to kick my rear. It's a legal & ethical issues class and has a ton of work with it. I've already had to text my sister, that got her J.D. from Tulane, to get her advice before I turned in some work today.
I got some awesome news today. Here in the next couple of weeks, I was supposed to get some money. I had a certain amount I was expecting, and I logged in to double check the amount and if it said when I would get it. Well, I'm getting about 4 times what I was thinking I would get. This means that not only should we be able to afford for the September trip to be 5 days, but we should also be able to afford the upgrade to the DlxDDP (from the regular if they offer free dining), tickets to MNSSHP, and a new camera.
The bad new is the DH thinks he's getting sick. He said if he was physically able to throw up, his tummy feels like he would have been doing it all day. Plus

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #1525
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

DH is like a child right now, grinning from ear to ear about Atlantis. Who knew it was that easy to make him smile like that?

He asked me if I was sure, and I told him that I am. He said "but, the mine train..." I responded "2015"....

He said "you know I love Disney (and I know he does), but I'm just excited to try something new...we've spent a lot of time in Disney over the past four years". And I know we have....compromise....such a beautiful thing.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #1526
padawans
DIS Veteran

MM Atlantis is nice. Have you considered a Disney cruise you can visit Atlantis for a day.

Miss You know they have diet lemonade at Hurricane Hannahs. A little ice and vodka in you cup before you head to the pool then add some lemonade when you get there. You have a nice drink. I can get a bottle of Vodka in the gift shop for less than the cost of two bar drinks.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1527
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I miss my RC family!!! I am going to try to catch up a bit, but I know that I wont even coming close to getting to everyone or everything , so I apologize in advance to those I miss.

Miss  I really love the first week of January! The only reason we didnt go this year was our passes were blacked out until the 5th and I was afraid we would miss the castle lit up, so we opted to go in Dec. But Jans prices and weather are usually great!
There's our GF Baking Queen. What have the latest delicacies been? That bread you posted a pic of looked so. flippin'. good! More importantly, how have the kiddos been liking these new goodies?

Phew, glad you chimed in re: January. We were really worried about how the crowds would be before we went ... but we weren't overwhelmed. Well, perhaps that was because we didn't go to MK? Honestly, as long as they have Osborne Lights up when we go, we'll be happy campers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Which season? Season 3 or 4? I love that series!! One of the episodes had me crying so hard and was hard to get through.
The one that just started airing on PBS, methinks it's season 3? With Shirley McLaine as the "other granny." (We're a few months behind the UK apparently so I have to avoid any posts from relatives on FB!)

Quote:
DH is like a child right now, grinning from ear to ear about Atlantis. Who knew it was that easy to make him smile like that?

He asked me if I was sure, and I told him that I am. He said "but, the mine train..." I responded "2015"....

He said "you know I love Disney (and I know he does), but I'm just excited to try something new...we've spent a lot of time in Disney over the past four years". And I know we have....compromise....such a beautiful thing.
I'm all like this for this new adventure of yours: Of course, you'll be running all the planning by us, right?!

Quote:
Miss You know they have diet lemonade at Hurricane Hannahs. A little ice and vodka in you cup before you head to the pool then add some lemonade when you get there. You have a nice drink. I can get a bottle of Vodka in the gift shop for less than the cost of two bar drinks.
I'm writing this down in my Disney Notes. Those libations we kept ordering were killin' the ol' wallet this past trip. Of course, we kept on ordering regardless.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #1528
letthewookiewin

Quote:
The one that just started airing on PBS, methinks it's season 3? With Shirley McLaine as the "other granny." (We're a few months behind the UK apparently so I have to avoid any posts from relatives on FB!)

Then I will keep quiet as well. The only episode from season 3 I haven't seen is the Christmas episode. My ringtone is the Downton Abbey theme. My DH gets frustrated when a telemarketer calls my cell and instead of ingorning the call, I listen to the ringtone because I love it so much.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #1529
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

There's our GF Baking Queen. What have the latest delicacies been? That bread you posted a pic of looked so. flippin'. good! More importantly, how have the kiddos been liking these new goodies?

Phew, glad you chimed in re: January. We were really worried about how the crowds would be before we went ... but we weren't overwhelmed. Well, perhaps that was because we didn't go to MK? Honestly, as long as they have Osborne Lights up when we go, we'll be happy campers.

I'm writing this down in my Disney Notes. Those libations we kept ordering were killin' the ol' wallet this past trip. Of course, we kept on ordering regardless.
Why thank you I can't believe how good the gluten free goodies are coming out. The bread barely makes it our of the oven, they can't get enough of the pizza crust, and the cookies are simply addictive! I am lucky that I like to bake because the frozen items just weren't cutting it.

Just stay away from MK on Sat and Mon and you should be okay. If we renew our passes again we'll probably come up that first weekend in Jan too

We have definitely learned to make our drinks in the room and not pay those ridiculous prices! My resort mug tends to smell like vodka and limes, LOL! No one even thinks twice when you walk around with a Disney mug

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #1530
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We have definitely learned to make our drinks in the room and not pay those ridiculous prices! My resort mug tends to smell like vodka and limes, LOL! No one even thinks twice when you walk around with a Disney mug

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That makes me want to fill mine in September with Long Island Iced Tea.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: