Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #226
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #227
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love watching the giraffes too, they're so beautiful!!!

Oooh Beaches and Cream, good choice!!! I hope you didn't have TOO long of a wait there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #228
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
But I wanted to read more NOW!!!!! I love the Beach Club, too. It's sooooooooo pretty! They need to make it a mod so that I can afford it!
Right?!?! That would be great! Hey, I bet you guys could rent points for about mod price there! We cannot b/c there are 5 of us, so we would have to get a bigger villa and it would cost more, but you might be able to rent pretty cheap with the 3 of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love watching the giraffes too, they're so beautiful!!!

Oooh Beaches and Cream, good choice!!! I hope you didn't have TOO long of a wait there!
Watching the giraffes was one of my favorite things of the whole trip! Next update coming up, you'll get to hear all about our wait!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #229
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

We found the podium, no problem, and I could see the CM had a clip board with a list, so I was concerned when we walked up. We asked how long for a seat for 2 and he said there was a 45 minute wait...unless we wanted to sit at the counter. OF COURSE we want to sit at the counter!!! We got seated right then and there! WOOT!

I LOVED sitting at the counter, made it feel even more like a soda shop! I had not seen pictures at all of Beaches & Cream, really, but I wasn't surprised that is was fairly small. I figured that is why there were waits a lot of the time. We LOVED the decor!

We checked out the menu, which was adorable, by the way...

I had pretty much figured I would get a veggie burger, I didn't think they would have anything else... but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a veggie sandwich on the menu! The waitress said it was a cold veggie sandwich. It sounded different, so that's what I ordered. Rey got a burger with onion rings and a shake!

It was a really great atmosphere, we just enjoyed ourselves waiting for our food.

Rey's shake came and he LOVED it. Really, he was ranting over how good it was. I thought it was pretty good too.

Food did not take long to come! Rey's food

Mine:

Rey LOVED his food. LOVED it. I thought the fries and especially the onion rings, were fantastic! The sandwich...not so much. My bad. I might have liked it on another day AND it really did taste very... "50s", reminded me of something my mom would have bought at one of the older restaurants we would go to when I was young. Very authentic...but just not very good.

I guess I should have gone for the veggie burger, I have this thing about not eating what I normally eat on vacation, but it would have been a better choice. I ate less than half the sandwich and just ate the fries and some of Rey's onion rings. My stomach had been bothering me with all the food I had been eating and this did not help.

I did have room for dessert, however!

No-way-Jose! Other than the kitchen sink (which I was not even going to consider!) I had heard the most about this and was excited to try it!

Rey helped me with it, we did pretty good! It's messy!

It was good and tasted VERY authentic, soda-fountain sundae...but it didn't really WOW me? I don't know, maybe I was getting the blues about leaving or my stomach was just too upset that night? I snapped another shot on the way out.

The verdict: Rey LOVED Beaches and Cream. Raved and raved about it, wants to go back. I LOVED the decor and the authentic soda shop feel. I think I would have enjoyed it more without a stomach ache and if I had gone for the veggie burger! Totally want to go back though! It made Rey want to stay at Beach Club even more...but I'm still in love with AKL, so we'll see!

We headed back out to World Showcase for one last trip around the world! It was EMH, but I was pretty sure with Rey's back and my stomach, we wouldn't make it.

Up next, a short trip around the world, very few pictures, and our last night at Disney. Boo. Hiss.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #230
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Beaches and Cream looks so neat! It makes me want to go and try that yummy shake. I always get the blues on our last night and dread going back to the room to pack up.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #231
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Yum...Beaches and Cream. I would love to try this one day. It looks so cute.
The food portions look huge though... But yummy!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #232
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I live catching up on your TR, so many beautiful pictures to see, drinks to consume...., LOL

I love the empty WS pictures. I'm jealous of your slow wander. Even though we took it flower this time, we still kept the pace up to keep Kadence from getting overly bored.

We are from the booths in Germany and I thought the brat with the pretzel bun was very good and I could have had that apple strudel all day.
My DH had the Octoberfest because he loves it to.

This was our first time on the friendship boats and we loved that too. I'm a bit intimidated by the yacht and beach clubs resorts. I don't know why. Maybe because there is that air of stuffiness about them. I found them beautiful though.

We were going to try beaches and cream, but when the time came we were just to stuffed for our lunch.

I wish I could sit in the 65 degree sun. right now. It's cold and snowy and blah here right now.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 12-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #233
angela3676
Working it out . . .

I love your trip report and your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #234
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Beaches and Cream looks so neat! It makes me want to go and try that yummy shake. I always get the blues on our last night and dread going back to the room to pack up.
Yep, I get them too, although this time I had them on top of a stomach ache! It was my own fault for eating everything in sight for three days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Yum...Beaches and Cream. I would love to try this one day. It looks so cute.
The food portions look huge though... But yummy!
Yes, they were pretty large! Rey didn't finish his shake and the sundae comes with 2 spoons b/c it's so huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I live catching up on your TR, so many beautiful pictures to see, drinks to consume...., LOL

I love the empty WS pictures. I'm jealous of your slow wander. Even though we took it flower this time, we still kept the pace up to keep Kadence from getting overly bored.

We are from the booths in Germany and I thought the brat with the pretzel bun was very good and I could have had that apple strudel all day.
My DH had the Octoberfest because he loves it to.

This was our first time on the friendship boats and we loved that too. I'm a bit intimidated by the yacht and beach clubs resorts. I don't know why. Maybe because there is that air of stuffiness about them. I found them beautiful though.

We were going to try beaches and cream, but when the time came we were just to stuffed for our lunch.

I wish I could sit in the 65 degree sun. right now. It's cold and snowy and blah here right now.
I know! It's even harder to type up the TR and remember how nice it was and it's chilly here! yesterday was a bizarre warm day in Missouri, so I was trying to enjoy it. I still have 50 days until I'm back in Florida for more sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela3676 View Post
I love your trip report and your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!!
Thank you!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #235
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I loooove Beaches n' Cream. Now I want some fries! My aunt loved it there so much because she said the fries tasted just like my great grandma made them. So so good. Hopefully you'll enjoy it more the next time you go (because there will be a next time!)
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #236
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

EEEEEEE I'm so excited you guys went to Beaches and Cream! And I love that you took the Friendship boat from DHS to Beach Club. Friendship boat riders were one of my favorite things on our trip!

Sigh, I just lovelovelove that area at night. The Boardwalk all lit up is just a beautiful sight to see. I can't wait to be back there again.. ONE MONTH!!!

That's pretty awesome you guys were able to snag seats! When we went, the wait wasn't bad, but we went kind of earlier before the crowds came in... I just love their food! I'm sorry your veggie sandwich wasn't very tasty; I feel like it can be really hard to get a good veggie sandwich at a place more known for its burgers.

I LOVE their onion rings, yum! And Rey's shake looks delish! What was it?? Looks like Strawberry Shortcake or something!

I really enjoyed the No Way Jose but I will say, pitting that against a sundae from Ghirardelli and I'd choose Ghiraradelli. That being said, I'll still probably get it again next trip when we go to Beaches and Cream, haha. Though that shake looks so tasty!

You'll have to let me know your thoughts on the walk from BC to Epcot! I LOVED having Epcot so darn close by on our trip.. I'm with Rey, you guys should stay there next trip.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #237
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Love the photos of the Boardwalk at dusk/evening... it is so pretty there...

(My fave resorts are the Beach Club/Boardwalk and the Lodges... both the AKL and the WL...) so you you stayed in one and visited one of the others...

Beaches & Cream is absolutely delightful... great atmosphere... but you're right about it not having a lot of veggie options... I had that same sandwich last time...I didn't like it was bad... just nothing to write home/make a special trip for... I do remember thinking there was way to much bread...

The burgers are tasty... but that's not reallly going to help you... The Ice cream is awesome... & the fries and rings are tasty... maybe you should try the veggie burger at some point...

Getting ready to leave is sad...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #238
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Caught up! AKL is so beautiful and relaxing, I'm glad that you were able to get some sun and enjoy it! I've also heard so many great things about Beaches and Cream (but never been there). It's too bad that your sandwich was a let down But the dessert looks delicious!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #239
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: