Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #211
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Another awesome update, Karen! As well as beautiful pictures! I have never heard of the "CAVE". I will have to research it now to see if that's something I must do. Is that pinched nerve any better now?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #212
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow that is a lot of drinks! I'd be in a coma I'm only 5 feet tall though, so it doesn't take much. I like avocados but I'm not sure I'd like them in a drink either… Glad to read that you enjoyed F&W so much

I'm sorry about your petsitting clients too. That must be really tough.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #213
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Another awesome update, Karen! As well as beautiful pictures! I have never heard of the "CAVE". I will have to research it now to see if that's something I must do. Is that pinched nerve any better now?
Well, when you search, you should look up La Cava de Tequila, not the Cave! That's just what I call it b/c I'm lazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow that is a lot of drinks! I'd be in a coma I'm only 5 feet tall though, so it doesn't take much. I like avocados but I'm not sure I'd like them in a drink either… Glad to read that you enjoyed F&W so much

I'm sorry about your petsitting clients too. That must be really tough.
I DO have quite a tolerance, but I was a little tipsy when I pitched the last drink!

Sometimes my job is so hard b/c it's like having a TON of pets and then having to face losing them. These were the worst though, some of the longest clients I have had and we have spent many days over there, we even stayed in their guest house over the summer. They still have 3 kitties, so over Christmas I will have to face going there and having the dogs gone, that will be the hardest part!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #214
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Karen, I'm sorry about your clients. That's so sad . I love LOVE your pictures of Mexico. I actually used one as my new desktop background (if that's OK with you.) I was looking forward to trying the Avocado margarita, but now..not so much. -Amanda
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #215
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi Karen, I'm sorry about your clients. That's so sad . I love LOVE your pictures of Mexico. I actually used one as my new desktop background (if that's OK with you.) I was looking forward to trying the Avocado margarita, but now..not so much. -Amanda
Absolutely you can use my pic as a background! I'm honored! I think if you say you are unsure and want to just taste it, they will make you a taste! The bartenders there were AMAZING and so friendly! I was bummed because I have seen lots of people say they liked it. I guess I need some sweet and tangy in my margaritas, it was just a little blah? The passion fruit and pineapple margaritas were amazing though!

Last edited by Twoboysnmygirl; 12-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #216
Sam33
DIS Veteran

The Avocado margarita is my favorite!
When i make it at home I make it more avocado-y and much stronger, though. More lime and less melon.
I think the ones at the Cave are more melon than anything.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #217
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
The Avocado margarita is my favorite!
When i make it at home I make it more avocado-y and much stronger, though. More lime and less melon.
I think the ones at the Cave are more melon than anything.
I knew someone would come to defend the avocado margarita! Yay! I didn't want everyone to think it was awful or anything. I SO wanted to like it...it wasn't horrible, but I think you hit the nail on the head...needed WAY more lime! I think that would have made it really yummy! Of course, it wasn't horrible, I drank quite a bit of it still.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #218
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I knew someone would come to defend the avocado margarita! Yay! I didn't want everyone to think it was awful or anything. I SO wanted to like it...it wasn't horrible, but I think you hit the nail on the head...needed WAY more lime! I think that would have made it really yummy! Of course, it wasn't horrible, I drank quite a bit of it still.
I gotta defend my favorite drink! Haha. Everyone's got different tastes. Most cocktails are too sweet for me and make me sick (I drink them anyways )
I think that's why I like the Avocado one so much, I can drink a whole one without feeling icky from the sugar!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #219
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
I gotta defend my favorite drink! Haha. Everyone's got different tastes. Most cocktails are too sweet for me and make me sick (I drink them anyways )
I think that's why I like the Avocado one so much, I can drink a whole one without feeling icky from the sugar!
That makes perfect sense! I like sweet drinks and totally support you defending your drink! After all, I would put the smackdown on anyone that criticized my slushies from France!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #220
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The choices at the Cave can be overwhelming! Sorry to hear that you didn't like your original choices, but that was so nice of the bartenders to replace the drinks for you! I haven't had the pineapple margarita, but it sounds awesome!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #221
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Nice shots of the Cave... I peaked in there ... and thought it was really atmospheric and looked like a great place for a rendezvous...

I had the avocado margarita over at the Hacienda de San Angel...(basically the newest Mexican restaurant) and I actually liked it very much... but I didn't think it was very "margarita" tasting in the traditional way...more like inspired by...Funny... DH had the blood orange... he liked his better and I preferred mine... but the waitress was also really accommodating.... she was totally willing to take them back for something else... I thought that was really great service...

I'd def like to try some new 'ritas the next time round in the Cave... I think it just looks like a great place to drink in...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #222
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics!! You did an awesome job in capturing the mood - how relaxing it looks You really have a great photographic eye!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #223
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The choices at the Cave can be overwhelming! Sorry to hear that you didn't like your original choices, but that was so nice of the bartenders to replace the drinks for you! I haven't had the pineapple margarita, but it sounds awesome!
They were great there, just how you would expect Disney to be! I will definitely be headed back to Cava de Tequila! I wish I had thought to ride the ride in Mexico tho? Why is it that you get home and remember the things you missed, but don't even think of them while you are there? I guess I was caught up in the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Nice shots of the Cave... I peaked in there ... and thought it was really atmospheric and looked like a great place for a rendezvous...

I had the avocado margarita over at the Hacienda de San Angel...(basically the newest Mexican restaurant) and I actually liked it very much... but I didn't think it was very "margarita" tasting in the traditional way...more like inspired by...Funny... DH had the blood orange... he liked his better and I preferred mine... but the waitress was also really accommodating.... she was totally willing to take them back for something else... I thought that was really great service...

I'd def like to try some new 'ritas the next time round in the Cave... I think it just looks like a great place to drink in...
I usually just grab a margarita outside and walk around WS, so this was a different experience and I really enjoyed it. It was really romantic and relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Beautiful pics!! You did an awesome job in capturing the mood - how relaxing it looks You really have a great photographic eye!
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #224
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Thought I would give you guys another update before we head out to the Nutcracker this morning!

It was early afternoon at this point and we headed to the bus stop. Ugh. The bus stop. I had forgotten until looking at my notes, but you tend to forget the bad stuff when you get home, right? The WAIT. I have never had an issue leaving mid-day from a park like I did this trip. I'm guessing they just have cut down on buses b/c there aren't many people leaving mid-day, but geez. We stood, stooped, sat, waited...forever for that bus. We considered a cab a couple times but in the end we were too cheap.

We finally got back to the resort at 2pm. I was READY for some sun! This was likely the last time I would lay in the sun for months, so I didn't care that it was 65!

Rey was really worn out and needing some rest, just walking a lot was hard for him, so he decided on a nap. I threw on my suit and headed to my spot at the pool! Even though it was cool, the sun warmed me right up! Ahhhh....

I didn't have my camera, but I took a picture with my phone (gasp...yes, I'm actually going to post camera phone pics here. This feels like blasphemy to me, but if I'm such a great photographer, I should be able to get a good shot with anything, right?)

Anyway...wow, I really can ramble off, can't I? I wrote in my journal that I wanted to package up the feeling here and save it, that's why I took a pic with my phone. Relaxing, beautiful, lovely, FREE, calm, breezy, sunny, serene... *sigh*

It was just so nice. I dozed off a bit in the sun and just enjoyed it all. When I felt ready, I headed back up to the room and since Rey was asleep, I sat on the balcony watching my Giraffe friend romp around the savanna. I had a snack and wrote in my journal. It was SO lovely. I wrote in my journal that if we ever get the chance to stay at AKL again, I will pay for savanna view. It was so worth it. There's just nothing to even come close to sitting there watching the animals.

I took a few pictures, but you are going to get another camera phone shot first. I wanted to see if I could get a shot of the giraffe a little closer (ARGH, HOW could I forget my zoom?!?!? Kicking myself again) so I took this shot with my phone. The sun was setting and it lit up EE behind the Giraffe, it was just so cool. I wish I had gotten it with my camera b/c it would have been better quality.

I seriously fell in love with that giraffe!

He was running around, it was too cute!

I woke Rey up at 5pm and we sat on the balcony as the sun started to set and chatted about our last evening and what the plans were. The original plan was to head back to food and wine for the evening but Rey started talking about needing a real meal so we decided to wing it! We headed out as the sun was setting.

We hopped a bus to DHS because we were headed to dinner somewhere *beachy*. Anyone figure it out? I took the only shot of the AKL Jambo sign I had a chance to take the whole trip.

Yep, when Rey said he wanted a full meal (but still wanted to head to Epcot), I thought Beaches and Cream would be perfect! He had NEVER even heard of it! I told him that we could do a walk up and see if they had a seat and he said he would like to try, so we headed to DHS to hop on the boat again to Beach Club! We got there as the sun was going down, so naturally I had to take more pictures of the tree.

and another slanted shot just b/c this lens never let me forget that there were just some shots I could not get without bizarre distortion!

It was getting chilly, so I whipped out my gloves as we got on the Friendship boat! Rey thought it was funny. Of course, even though I was cold, I refused to sit IN the boat, I wanted to be outside in the back.

It was a beautiful, brisk ride, I was glad I had my gloves!

Before we knew it, we had arrived! We had to stop to ask directions for the restaurant since I had no clue where it actually was, but it was easy to find. The Boardwalk looks so pretty from Beach Club!

We found it with no problems...it looked like a pretty big waiting list when we walked up!

Last edited by Twoboysnmygirl; 12-14-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #225
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

But I wanted to read more NOW!!!!! I love the Beach Club, too. It's sooooooooo pretty! They need to make it a mod so that I can afford it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: