Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #181
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!!
Thanks! On the mend but having trouble keeping up with life!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #182
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Shew! Ok, after taking a FLU break (yuck) we are back to normal here. Poor Rey, throwing up hurt his back more. I, luckily, did not get as sick as he did b/c I had to petsit still! Anyway...

Where was I?!?!?

International Gateway!! WOOT! Right as we walked up, I got a text from Savannah saying that they had some trouble with the petsit she was doing. This was the first time ever, she was taking over a petsit for me completely. All of my clients had been notified months in advance, but one of them I guess missed the dates and scheduled a trip to FRANCE during my dates. After talking to her, she decided that since Savannah had been coming with me all these years and the animals knew her, that 12 was old enough to do the job for me. My friend, who Savannah was staying with, drove her to the petsits. Oh I'm sorry, I'm rambling!

Anyway, it wasn't really related to my trip, but more drama than the trip, so I thought I would add it. She had diligently gotten up early every morning and this morning they got 5 minutes from the petsit and realized they had forgotten the key and leash! It was a 30 minute drive! So, she had texted me to tell me her blooper. See...I didn't even need to add that in here, but at least there was something dramatic going on!

Rey & I entered Epcot and realized that WS wasn't even open yet! There were just 10 minutes though, so we walked away from the group of people starting to line up around the bridge into France and stood closer to UK. I took some pictures, naturally! Gorgeous day!

They dropped the rope and we hung back for a while, Rey was again annoyed with people rushing into WS. I just shrugged, maybe they were really hungry!
We took our time heading into France.

I know this is shocking, but I didn't get another slushie in France??? I was preoccupied with taking shots of the buildings and my heart was set on getting to my favorite CS restaurant in Epcot, so I just kept shooting and walking!

Where is my favorite CS restaurant in Epcot, you ask?

Rey checked out the menu, but there was no need for me, I knew just what I wanted!

I LOVE Tangierene Cafe. LOVE IT. I ate here on my first trip and have come every single trip since. I took some pictures b/c it's not JUST the food, but I love everything about it. This room is beautiful, I've sat in here to eat a couple times, but not today!

It's a fantastic break from the heat and you can get a nice breeze flowing through...but today there was no need for a break from the heat, it was a little chilly, so we ended up outside in the sun!

Ok, so photo overkill...told you I loved the room!
Rey decided he didn't want anything other than a drink, so I ordered my vegetarian platter and took this while waiting!

We sat outside and it was GORGEOUS! My food...mmmmmm! Out of this world.

The CROWDS as we sat and relaxed...

LOL...it pays to get to WS early. Every single visit, that first hour is awesome, even during busier times. We just soaked it up. I literally soaked up the sun. Rey said he would like if it were a tiny bit warmer, but the sun warmed me up and I was happy not to be HOT at WDW!
After I finished eating, Rey stayed at our table and indulged me while I walked around Morocco a bit taking pictures. Not sure if I can get them all in this update, better cut down on my smiley usage (insert tongue smiley guy here. LOL)

Oh joy, more sun flares! (insert rolling eyes smiley here) LOL

That's all I can fit on this update! Up next...GERMANY!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #183
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha yes, some people even get intense for Rope Drop at the World Showcase! Gotta get to the Maelstrom before the crowds!

Love the atmosphere in Morocco - it is a beautifully-done pavilion!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #184
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that you guys got sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better

Love the WS pictures. You won't believe this but I have actually not ever eaten at the Tangerine Cafe… It really does look beautiful though

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #185
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I'm glad you guys are recovering from the flu. Good for Savannah for taking on the pet sits. I think 12 is a good age. I used to be a pet sitter/ dog walker for an agency in Washington DC before I started working for Starbucks. I do miss working with animals.

Such beautiful pictures of WS. They make me miss EPCOT so much. I have never even been inside Tangerine Cafe. Must check out next trip!!

-Amanda
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #186
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha yes, some people even get intense for Rope Drop at the World Showcase! Gotta get to the Maelstrom before the crowds!

Love the atmosphere in Morocco - it is a beautifully-done pavilion!
Oh I love it too! All the color and detail in Moroccan architecture, I wish I could get my house to look just like it!

I'm used to people being intense at RD, heck, my first visit, the friend that took Savannah & I was TOTALLY COMMANDO! So I was rushing around with her and speed walking at RD...so I get that some people just get caught up in it. Rey, however, just doesn't get it and it almost bothers me more to see him scowling at people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm sorry that you guys got sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better

Love the WS pictures. You won't believe this but I have actually not ever eaten at the Tangerine Cafe… It really does look beautiful though
Yes, feeling much better, almost 100%! I have heard even the meat items are good at Morocco, I just LOVE the vegetarian platter, it's all I ever get! AND, bonus, it's rarely ever busy, great place for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
I'm glad you guys are recovering from the flu. Good for Savannah for taking on the pet sits. I think 12 is a good age. I used to be a pet sitter/ dog walker for an agency in Washington DC before I started working for Starbucks. I do miss working with animals.

Such beautiful pictures of WS. They make me miss EPCOT so much. I have never even been inside Tangerine Cafe. Must check out next trip!!

-Amanda
I knew she was ready for it, she has been petsitting with me since she was THREE! I told her when she's 16 and can drive and do some of them by herself, she'll be able to say she has 13 years experience!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #187
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I should totally be working (editing photos from a shoot) but instead, I'll procrastinate and do an update!

When we left off, I had just filled my belly with yummy Moroccan foodles and Rey was ready for some GERMANY! Background: Rey was born in Germany and lived there for 3 years. His Mom says he spoke German to the landlady, I'm not sure I believe this. My MIL has a way with stories! But in any case, he doesn't remember it but he LOVES Germany. Seriously obsessed. Germany can do no wrong. I swear he married me b/c I'm half German.

So, it's obviously his favorite place to go in WS. We headed in that direction, but you KNOW I wasn't going to just walk over to Germany without taking any pictures! This was one of those times that he kept walking, even when I stopped to shoot. I was annoyed with that a bit, but I understand that I can really never get enough shots so if he had let me, it might have taken all day to get there!

and we finally made it!

This obsession of his is why I won't be going to WDW for a few years after my mother/daughter trip with Savannah in February! Rey has decided that we are going to go to actual Germany. For years I have heard him talk about it, so I decided after going to my happy place so many times in the past couple years, it was time to indulge him and get him back to his birthplace.

Up next...beer, cheese, and windy conditions in Germany!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #188
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!

Germany is an absolutely gorgeous place to visit.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #189
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your pics are amazing! I love Germany at Epcot too (I'm 1/4 German - not half German like you. My grandparents on my mom's side moved here from Germany in the around the late 1890's but I never met them. I'm excited for you and Rey that you will be visiting Germany soon. Are both of your parents from Germany?)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #190
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great pictures!

Germany is an absolutely gorgeous place to visit.
I'm sure I will like it, but I don't like the planning as much as Disney planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your pics are amazing! I love Germany at Epcot too (I'm 1/4 German - not half German like you. My grandparents on my mom's side moved here from Germany in the around the late 1890's but I never met them. I'm excited for you and Rey that you will be visiting Germany soon. Are both of your parents from Germany?)
Just my mother is German, her parents came over when they were young, so I guess that would technically not make me half German since my mom was born in America? I should say half German descent!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #191
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Fabulous pictures!!!!
I've never eaten in Morocco but I always intend to eat there.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #192
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I’m glad you guys are feeling better!

Oh my goodness, WS was absolutely PACKED that day! I know I have said it a million times in your TR, but I love WDW in November! Your pictures of Morocco are beautiful! I have never even been inside Tangerine Café, so we are going to have to try it out on our next trip. I love the colors in that restaurant! Very pretty. Oh, and just so you know, there is no such thing as “photo overkill” You took a few thousand pictures right? You have to share! I’m really enjoying your WS pictures. Especially since there were rarely other people in them. It looks like you stepped right into Morocco, Japan, Germany…

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #193
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Fabulous pictures!!!!
I've never eaten in Morocco but I always intend to eat there.

Amanda
Thanks Amanda! I know, I think a lot of people intend to eat there but never do, maybe b/c it's so close to so many other goodies! I think that's why it's never busy! For me, it's a must-do every single time b/c it's one of the only places to get a vegetarian meal in Epcot at ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I’m glad you guys are feeling better!

Oh my goodness, WS was absolutely PACKED that day! I know I have said it a million times in your TR, but I love WDW in November! Your pictures of Morocco are beautiful! I have never even been inside Tangerine Café, so we are going to have to try it out on our next trip. I love the colors in that restaurant! Very pretty. Oh, and just so you know, there is no such thing as “photo overkill” You took a few thousand pictures right? You have to share! I’m really enjoying your WS pictures. Especially since there were rarely other people in them. It looks like you stepped right into Morocco, Japan, Germany…
I know, wasn't it crazybusy?!?! It was a bit chilly and it was also a Wednesday, so crowds were great.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #194
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

As always, loving all your pictures & your report!

And how exciting to work on a trip to acutal Germany- I went there in 2007 and it was beautiful- Especially Bavaria. You'll get your Disney fix there with Castle Neuswienstien!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #195
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
As always, loving all your pictures & your report!

And how exciting to work on a trip to acutal Germany- I went there in 2007 and it was beautiful- Especially Bavaria. You'll get your Disney fix there with Castle Neuswienstien!!
Thanks! I'm totally nervous about planning a trip to Germany and it's overwhelming! I have no idea where to start and it feels like there just won't be enough time to do anything. Oh, we also want to pop down to Italy somehow(Dallas, my 17 year old, loves Italy), but I cannot figure out how to do that without adding tons of time and way too much transportation issues!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: