Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #151
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Your time lounging around AKL looked amazing. Itís funny that we generally donít think of a Disney World resort as a one-stop-shop kind of place. It is a resort, after all! Pools and views and restaurants and bars! I guess it would really be possible to go to a resort (especially a Deluxe) and not visit the parks! Blasphemy, yes, but totally possible! Now, on to that grilled cheese! O.M.G. that looked amazing! Those fish & chips looked pretty good too! I am DETERMINED to get an order on our next trip! ďReyís meat thingĒ Well, even though I canít tell what it is, it looks pretty good with all of that sauce around it! I want a cherry Grey Goose slushie! And a Belgian waffle! Oh, I see that Rey got a ďfish-thingie from SingaporeĒ You are cracking me up! That looked good, too! The California Rolls looked yummy! I love sushi! Oh my, the cannoli! Wow, you guys thought it was late by 6pm? That is cute! But it seemed like you had a really packed day! I know you were unhappy about the wide angle lens, but I think you got some really nice shots! The one at the entrance to MK with all of the people walking by and the CM selling glow-merchandise Ė well, that made me feel like I was in the park! I want to step right into that picture! Iím sorry to hear that Reyís back was bothering him but, as I said a minute ago, it seemed like you guys did a lot for one day! Ah! You are torturing me with your pictures of AKL! I will have to take the kids there one of these days!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #152
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
So I can blame all my crooked pictures on the slushies???

Holy Cats! You got a lot done in Epcot. And lucky with the non crowds.

The pool area of Ak is awesome! I want to just lay there and sigh.

Yep! It's all the slushies fault! I felt like we got a lot of booths done AND, I didn't feel like we were rushing. It was very relaxed, we were taking it all in, enjoying the little details that sometimes you miss when you are commando around the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! I cannot get enough of your pictures, they are all so gorgeous! I am saving up and researching for a DSLR right now and I can't wait to get going, hopefully I can take pictures half as good as yours! I have never done food and wine, so it is interesting to see it through reports - I don't think it's really for me. AKL thoughÖ. so gorgeous. My little brother says that is now his favourite resort and doesn't want to stay anywhere else lol Looking forward to more!
Getting my first DSLR was so exciting and I had no idea what I was in store for! There's quite a learning curve if you want to get great shots, so I did online classes and practiced a lot. It was so much FUN! You will love yours, I just know it! What kind are you thinking of getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Your time lounging around AKL looked amazing. Itís funny that we generally donít think of a Disney World resort as a one-stop-shop kind of place. It is a resort, after all! Pools and views and restaurants and bars! I guess it would really be possible to go to a resort (especially a Deluxe) and not visit the parks! Blasphemy, yes, but totally possible! Now, on to that grilled cheese! O.M.G. that looked amazing! Those fish & chips looked pretty good too! I am DETERMINED to get an order on our next trip! ďReyís meat thingĒ Well, even though I canít tell what it is, it looks pretty good with all of that sauce around it! I want a cherry Grey Goose slushie! And a Belgian waffle! Oh, I see that Rey got a ďfish-thingie from SingaporeĒ You are cracking me up! That looked good, too! The California Rolls looked yummy! I love sushi! Oh my, the cannoli! Wow, you guys thought it was late by 6pm? That is cute! But it seemed like you had a really packed day! I know you were unhappy about the wide angle lens, but I think you got some really nice shots! The one at the entrance to MK with all of the people walking by and the CM selling glow-merchandise Ė well, that made me feel like I was in the park! I want to step right into that picture! Iím sorry to hear that Reyís back was bothering him but, as I said a minute ago, it seemed like you guys did a lot for one day! Ah! You are torturing me with your pictures of AKL! I will have to take the kids there one of these days!
I have spent a little bit of time at the pool when at Disney, but this really felt like VACATION. I loved it, just wish we had more days! I will say that it only made me want to go back MORE because now I can see the value of some relaxed/vacation days AND park touring days...WDW really is the best of all worlds! Nope, I'm not obsessed!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #153
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Oh Wow!!! The night time photos are amazing!! That one shot at Epcot from the boat launch area in front of Japan is professional quality...slushies or no. And then the castle shots at MK are absolutely beautiful! We leave tomorrow morning on our trip and I can't wait to see that castle lit up. It's been 2 years since we've been there for the Christmas lights, and I am so excited to see them again. Your photos make me more so! I'll have fun getting caught up with your TR when I get back in 10 days. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #154
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Oh Wow!!! The night time photos are amazing!! That one shot at Epcot from the boat launch area in front of Japan is professional quality...slushies or no. And then the castle shots at MK are absolutely beautiful! We leave tomorrow morning on our trip and I can't wait to see that castle lit up. It's been 2 years since we've been there for the Christmas lights, and I am so excited to see them again. Your photos make me more so! I'll have fun getting caught up with your TR when I get back in 10 days. Thanks so much for sharing.
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!!!!!!! I hope you do a TR when you get home, be sure to post here so I can find it if you do!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #155
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

When I got back upstairs, Rey was ready, but he was moving S.L.O.W. I asked him if he was ok and got the standard response that he was fine. I knew right then that we just needed to take it easier today (not sure if that was possible after how easy the previous day was though!)

We headed to the bus stop and found it pretty empty again! Yay! Then the bus from Kidani pulled up and once again we found ourselves STANDING on the ride to DHS. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but I was worried about Rey already, so it aggravated me a bit.

When we arrived at DHS I was annoyed even more (I have a rant in my journal to prove it!) when the women sitting right near us STOOD UP and walked off the bus before even letting the people standing get off?!?! Seriously people, that's just RUDE. If you are lucky enough to sit on a bus where everyone is standing, it's just polite to let the standing people get off instead of pushing your way off the bus first when you've been sitting on your **** the whole time.

But, as it always is at Disney, I quickly forgot about it when I saw that the tree was up in front of DHS! COOL!!!!

I was so excited to get a wide angle shot of the park entrance with the tree...but alas, the wide angle was just a wee bit TOO WIDE, so once again I was foiled by the lens. Wanna see? The distortion is nearly comical, I thought it was fun though that the tree now mimics the HAT b/c it's so distorted and slanted!

There was a bit of a crowd heading into DHS, but we didn't mind. Rey looked disgusted, as always, with the people RUNNING (while the cm's kept telling them no running) back towards TSM. Seriously folks...if you need to run, you've taken it a bit far. There's just no need for it, I've arrived 30 minutes after RD and still there were plenty of FPs left.

Ooooh, I seem like I'm complaining a lot in this update! I wasn't FEELING like this though, we were really enjoying taking it slow this morning.

Rey basically just asked what I would like to shoot and we walked around enjoying the atmosphere while I played with my camera.

It was pretty clear that Rey wasn't going to be able to go on any rides, so we just enjoyed the low crowds and we checked out all the stores. Some of them I had never been in and it was fun to see all the Christmas decorations up as well.

I love the Villian store!

I think I changed out lenses twenty times.

I must have been very preoccupied with the camera b/c I STILL had not purchased anything! Up next, the shortest visit in history to a park? Yep!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #156
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Your TR is excellent I love it! What is the green thing to the left of EE? I am not so good with my WDW geography

I laughed at your daughter's fear of Duffy being that he popped up suddenly - that's exactly why I don't like him! All of a sudden he was everywhere, with no real Disney history!

I also laughed at the Singapore Tiger beer being $6 - Tiger beer is the "cheap" beer here, usually half that price if not less
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #157
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Another great update I agree with you about TSM. Last time we went I saw a kid almost get trampled trying to tie his shoes. It was insane. And there is nothing like a Disney Christmas tree!

Oh, and about the camera. I think I'm going to get a Canon. My mom had a Nikon and I used it a bit, but she wasn't really happy with it. I've used a canon a couple of times, and based on the research I've done, I think that it would be better for the pictures I tend to take. What kind do you have?

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #158
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Your TR is excellent I love it! What is the green thing to the left of EE? I am not so good with my WDW geography

I laughed at your daughter's fear of Duffy being that he popped up suddenly - that's exactly why I don't like him! All of a sudden he was everywhere, with no real Disney history!

I also laughed at the Singapore Tiger beer being $6 - Tiger beer is the "cheap" beer here, usually half that price if not less
Thanks!!! The green thing to the left of EE is the Tree of Life! I couldn't see it during the day (b/c there are other REAL trees all around that area) but at night, you could see the green glow of it! It was pretty cool!

That's hilarious about the beer, I suspect they do that with a LOT of the ethnic beers/wine!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #159
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another great update I agree with you about TSM. Last time we went I saw a kid almost get trampled trying to tie his shoes. It was insane. And there is nothing like a Disney Christmas tree!

Oh, and about the camera. I think I'm going to get a Canon. My mom had a Nikon and I used it a bit, but she wasn't really happy with it. I've used a canon a couple of times, and based on the research I've done, I think that it would be better for the pictures I tend to take. What kind do you have?
You can't really go wrong with a Canon! Nikon and Canon are the front runners in DSLR technology. I'm a Nikon girl, I have a Nikon D90, although before I started taking professional pictures, I had an entry level Nikon D40 and it was a fantastic DSLR as well, I just needed a little more for camera for my business. It's important to remember that DSLR's aren't really meant to take phenomenal shots in auto like a point and shoot. It takes some work and learning about settings, light, aperture, shutter speed, etc. when using a DSLR to get really high quality shots.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #160
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
You can't really go wrong with a Canon! Nikon and Canon are the front runners in DSLR technology. I'm a Nikon girl, I have a Nikon D90, although before I started taking professional pictures, I had an entry level Nikon D40 and it was a fantastic DSLR as well, I just needed a little more for camera for my business. It's important to remember that DSLR's aren't really meant to take phenomenal shots in auto like a point and shoot. It takes some work and learning about settings, light, aperture, shutter speed, etc. when using a DSLR to get really high quality shots.
Thanks! My mom actually took a class when she got hers, and I've learnt a few things. I don't think I'll ever learn enough to take pictures as good as yours because I'm just doing it for fun, and there is a lot to learn to use these cameras properly!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #161
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! My mom actually took a class when she got hers, and I've learnt a few things. I don't think I'll ever learn enough to take pictures as good as yours because I'm just doing it for fun, and there is a lot to learn to use these cameras properly!
You never know! I didn't think I would get so interested in photography, I just wanted a good camera, and certainly had no idea I would be starting a business with it, but it kind of morphed into it's own monster! Once you start playing with your camera and learning more and more, it gets a bit addicting...well, it did for me, maybe that's more a personality probem though!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #162
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I love HS all dressed up for Christmas! That is kinda cool that the tree mimicked the hat! Yeah, that lady jumping up to get off of the bus was just plain rude! And I agree about the running. It is really ridiculous! People can act like they have no manners whatsoever! I guess they donít realize that itís not necessary to RUSH all of the time Iím glad you were enjoying your morning, though! Iím going to have to show my son the pictures of the cars when I get home. He loved the gold one, but I donít remember seeing that red one Thatís a beautiful picture of it, though!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #163
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

You are a trip report updating machine... You must be typing away at the speed of sound...

Gorgeous, absolutely stunning photos...

Love all of your World Showcase and food thingy photos...

I agree about the whole TSM... every man, woman and child for themselves stampede... There is something incredibly un Disney like about the whole thing... It's time to get some perspective people... It's a cute ride but it isn't worth getting hurt or hurting someone else for...

That's a really cute Santa Mickey holding Duffy... I'm not a big Duffy fan... but I might make an exception for that...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #164
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

WASN'T THE WAFFLE FROM BELGIUM PRETTY MUCH THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET????????

(Sorry for yelling. But I loved it just as much as you seemed to as well!!)

Love your evening photos of Epcot!! Too bad Rey's back was acting up!

Ugh, I hate the people RUNNING for TSM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #165
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I love HS all dressed up for Christmas! That is kinda cool that the tree mimicked the hat! Yeah, that lady jumping up to get off of the bus was just plain rude! And I agree about the running. It is really ridiculous! People can act like they have no manners whatsoever! I guess they donít realize that itís not necessary to RUSH all of the time Iím glad you were enjoying your morning, though! Iím going to have to show my son the pictures of the cars when I get home. He loved the gold one, but I donít remember seeing that red one Thatís a beautiful picture of it, though!
The red one was off Sunset Blvd on the right, near where the bathrooms are. Very cool, one of the CM's came up to us and told us all about it (some really neat stuff about the car...which I now have forgotten! Ack!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
You are a trip report updating machine... You must be typing away at the speed of sound...

Gorgeous, absolutely stunning photos...

Love all of your World Showcase and food thingy photos...

I agree about the whole TSM... every man, woman and child for themselves stampede... There is something incredibly un Disney like about the whole thing... It's time to get some perspective people... It's a cute ride but it isn't worth getting hurt or hurting someone else for...

That's a really cute Santa Mickey holding Duffy... I'm not a big Duffy fan... but I might make an exception for that...
I do have the tendency to update my TR's fast and then get bummed out when I finish too quickly! You think I would learn from this, but NOPE! Another one is coming right up! It's the OCD I have...just have to FINISH everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
WASN'T THE WAFFLE FROM BELGIUM PRETTY MUCH THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET????????

(Sorry for yelling. But I loved it just as much as you seemed to as well!!)

Love your evening photos of Epcot!! Too bad Rey's back was acting up!

Ugh, I hate the people RUNNING for TSM.
It was CRAZYGOOD! Seriously, I usually make fun of Rey b/c he loves waffles (NO CLUE why he didn't get one???) and tell him that pancakes are way better...but this thing was amazing. It was the best waffle I've ever had. Yep. Now my mouth is watering.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: