Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #346
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Thank you Gail. I'm feeling better, but Tom isn't. He often downplays any pain he has, and doesn't like to take even OTC meds, so the fact that he woke me up to ask for some tells me that he's really hurting. He went to work though.
Sorry to hear Tom isn't feeling good. Sending him some

Quote:
Originally Posted by girangel View Post
Thank you to DisNorth for the fantastic bottle cap necklaces. I love that there are several different pendants to use and that some of them had pretty little beads on them. The designs are wonderful, and I was especially surprised that there was a Zero one. It will be fun and unique to have different designs to wear throughout the trip.
Glad you like them Angel and get lots of chances to wear them!

That is a beautiful bracelet from Gretchen
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #347
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

The latest Big Gives are so pretty! Love the bracelet and bottle cap necklaces! They will be fun for Angel to wear on her trip.

Christi, sorry to hear that Tom is still having pain in his back. We get that sometimes when we pull a muscle. It really can be painful. Have you ever heard of trigger points on your back? We found out that if the person can tell you where the spot is that hurts, you can usually find a knot or tight spot along the muscle there. Press it hard for about a minute with a couple of your fingers, then release it. It helps to loosen the knot and relieve the pain. I like to also use something like Tiger Balm that has deep penetration of heat. Another thing you can try, using your arm on the side of the back that hurts, is to hold onto something like a ledge about your head level and sort of crotch down slowly to feel the pull through your arm and down your back. Hope that was understandable!
p00h4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #348
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Thank you Tracy & Gail

Yes, it was understandable Gail. Thank you for your suggestions. He's been dealing with problems with his back for quite a few years, and does use all of those. We're grateful that it's not bad enough that he has trouble moving at all, which has happened in the past. This time is a little different than usual, in that he's having spasms that spread around & takes his breath away.

My passport arrived today

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #349
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

LOVE the Big Gives! Sorry to hear that Tom is still in pain. Praying it gets better soon. Awesome news that your passport arrived today!!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #350
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about Tom's back pain. It is so hard to get through a normal day with pain like that.

Yay for passport! Maybe if you get the thing in your wish people will be able to concentrate on other questions? *sigh* I'm sorry that such a wonderful family like yours has been so frustrated in this process.

Angel, I wanted to belatedly congratulate you on your fantastic grades. I hope you're getting excited for your trip - I can't wait to read all about it!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #351
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Thank you Jackie & Jo.

Tom realized that the reason the wish coordinator was emailing for the passport copy is that she's supposed to have the documents sent to us by the end of this week - but she could have said that in her email so she didn't come across like she did. I found out today that the one question she did answer 3 weeks ago about the dining seating was incorrect. She said that we already had late seating, and it was confirmed when she made the reservation. I did briefly question that because it didn't match what the DCL rep had told me, but she said she had confirmed it. I needed to add my passport info to DCL online, and it says we have main dining (I didn't realize that info was there, or I would have checked before). I emailed her, and she did respond & say she'd see what she could do, but never emailed back - all it takes is a call to have the request added to the reservation.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #352
NEmel
Mouseketeer

YEA for the passport!!!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 AM   #353
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Hi Christi, Sorry to hear about Tom's back pain and spams. I'll be praying that it will ease up and feel better and it won't be a problem during Angel's wish trip. for getting your passport! Now you can get all your information and re-check all the details so you can have the wish coordinator change anything you need to before you leave! It's getting closer! Can't believe March is almost over! Hope Angel is enjoying her spring break!
p00h4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #354
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Thank you Melissa & Gail.

I can't believe March is almost over either! Angel & I went to town today (I guess yesterday actually ) to get the monthly groceries, and it seems like we just did that - March really flew by. We had other errands to run too, so we knew it was going to be a long day, but we were gone much longer than we anticiapted. Angel decided that she'd like to try to find some thing prettier to wear to school, and there were good clearance sales, so she ended up spending a lot of time trying on clothes. She has such a hard time finding clothes that fit her though, which left her feeling sad. She did find a little sweater to wear for the Spring Band concert, but that was all she got. There really isn't many stores in that town though, so I told her that once the trip is over we can try to go to the city that has a better selection, but it's an hour away.

There were 2 Big Give packages in the mail. I stopped at the Post Office when we left around 9, and it's a good thing that I did, because we didn't get home until hours after they closed. By time we got everything in the house & put away what had to be put away (the rest is still sitting on the kitchen floor ), made dinner, etc., Angel decided to wait to open the packages. A while later she decided she wasn't as tired, and wanted to open them after all, so we did, even though it was after 11. I was too tired to get the pictures ready though, so hopefully I'll have them done later today. I'm glad that she did open them, because they really cheered her up , after being down most of the day about the clothes shopping.

The MAW packet arrived today too. I know it's easy to make mistakes, but I was almost afraid to even look at the packet, because the first thing I pulled out was an envelope that said Expenses - HAWAII. I was happy to see that the flight info is correct. It lists the transfers following the cruise as to the airport instead of wdw, so I need to email her about that, as well as something else that wasn't included that she had said would be. Our cruise documents weren't included either, so I need to find out if they will be coming from MAW or from DCL.

We did get a very exciting surprise in the packet - we get to stay at the Hyatt the night before the cruise. That made Angel so very happy, and it will be easier for us too. When the coordinator called to confirm the flight info, she told me the hotel was near the airport, and that it had 24 hour shuttle service, so I'm not sure how the change came about, but we're very happy.

The packet also said "In just a few weeks your wish granter will be dropping off..." Hopefully it's sooner than "a few weeks", or we'll already be gone.

Tom's back isn't any better.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #355
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Sorry Tom isn't feeling better. for his recovery.

I hope you can get everything organized with the logistics of the trip with your coordinator!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #356
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

got a very sweet thank you note from Angel....if she is interested in the card making stuff, I use a Cricut machine and the cartridges! they have so many different ones to choose from including Disney ones...I used the Paper Doll cartridge for the doll.

sorry to hear Tom is having issues with his back, hope he is feeling great before you leave!
feel you on clothes issues...my DD has problems too, hope you can get some shopping done when you get back....so great the new big gives lifted Angel's spirits!

yay for finally getting your passport and starting to get your doc's...hope everything will get fixed by your coordinator! the Hyatt at the airport is great and so convenient after a day of flying!

love the pretty bracelet and cute necklace!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #357
ETHANSMOMMA
Earning My Ears

I am glad Angel liked her bracelet. It was fun picking out the beads and charms.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #358
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Thank you Tracy, Lisa, and Gretchen.

I'm sorry I didn't get the pictures posted. It was just one of those days that no matter how hard I tried to get things dones, I just managed to get even further behind. I simply must get caught up in RL today, so we can get our Easter preparations done Sat., so I need to get to bed (I've been up way too late for too many nights in a row). I may not be able to post the pictures until Monday, but I'll try to get them done sooner.

Another Big Give package arrived

If I don't get a chance to post, I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #359
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #360
NEmel
Mouseketeer

NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: