Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #121
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
The article I read said nothing about a "refurbishment". Had I read that MSB was simply getting a makeover, I wouldnt have panicked. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
The official statement Disney released clearly says MSB is getting a refurbishment and reopening as the Starbucks location for MK. It says that Fountain View in EPCOT is closing. There is no mention of a refurb in EPCOT, the ice cream shop there is closing and being renamed something else and will become a coffee store/bakery.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #122
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

The official statement Disney released clearly says MSB is getting a refurbishment and reopening as the Starbucks location for MK. It says that Fountain View in EPCOT is closing. There is no mention of a refurb in EPCOT, the ice cream shop there is closing and being renamed something else and will become a coffee store/bakery.
I dont doubt that that's what in fact the official statement/article had said. But as i already mentioned in my previous post, the article I HAD READ said nothing about MSB being refurbished.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #123
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Yes, it will more than likely still be called Main St Bakery. As I've said dozens of times, the statement released clearly said Main St Bakery is closing for a refurbishment. This is different to the Fountain View location which is closing and becoming something else.
Deleted

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #124
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Statement clearly says refurbishing to open into SB location. This part you skip every time you post.
there is no confusion or doubt that it will be a Starbucks location. the issue is with what that means and does not mean.

it does not necessarily mean a name change, a theme change, a lack of the disney pastries or other products.

it does mean that the location will, after the refurb, sell starbucks food and drinks. that's all. nothing more than that is indicated by those words you keep pointing to over and over and over and over and over again "SB location" as if they mean something more than they do.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #125
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
i am not a starbucks employee. i'm sure you won't believe me but i don't work in any type of retail industry.

i am passionate about this because i think it is a cool addition to the parks and i don't like the hysteria that some are displaying.

if i were a starbucks employee, i'd hope they would fire me. they should not want reps of their brand posting on these boards. that would be a really bad idea.

by the way, i don't particularly like starbucks. i'd have the exact same reaction if it were mcdonalds coming back or dunkin or whatever other brand.
I like their coffee as well but I am not happy about MSB. Does it mean I am hysterical, not really. Maybe if you do not want to be called SB employee, you should stop call us hysterical, you know everyone is passionate about their opinions.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #126
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

I'm actually excited to get a decent cup of iced coffee in the am as I walk down Main St. I was never impressed with the offerings of the bakery so I'm looking forward to it.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #127
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
there is no confusion or doubt that it will be a Starbucks location. the issue is with what that means and does not mean.

it does not necessarily mean a name change, a theme change, a lack of the disney pastries or other products.

it does mean that the location will, after the refurb, sell starbucks food and drinks. that's all. nothing more than that is indicated by those words you keep pointing to over and over and over and over and over again "SB location" as if they mean something more than they do.
If someone pointing over and over and over again their point, I have no problem pointing mine. Why does it bother you so much? are you suggesting I am not entitled to my opinion. Did you point to poster I quoted how many times she posted same thing and that is a big number, did you counted your posts on a topic or anyones from your side on the other thread? Why do you feel a need to show attitude to anyone who does not share your opinion? So sad.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #128
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like their coffee as well but I am not happy about MSB. Does it mean I am hysterical, not really. Maybe if you do not want to be called SB employee, you should stop call us hysterical, you know everyone is passionate about their opinions.
He always twists things to fit his agenda.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #129
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Brunette, you seem to have a real problem with me. I will forgive the personal attack though.

It would be great to have an intelligent discussion on the merits of this change to the parks. A constant repeating of "see, it says SB location" does not qualify.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #130
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Not always, just 250 out of those 280 posts, and he is counting my posts.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #131
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Brunette, you seem to have a real problem with me. I will forgive the personal attack though.

It would be great to have an intelligent discussion on the merits of this change to the parks. A constant repeating of "see, it says SB location" does not qualify.
And constant repeating "see, it says refurbishing" qualifies somehow.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #132
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i have not said that one time.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #133
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i have not said that one time.
Then why don't you point to that poster or others who state it countless number of times that they should stop repeating themselves but choosing me as a target? Please, obviously the only reason you show attitude because we are on different sides.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #134
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I dont doubt that that's what in fact the official statement/article had said. But as i already mentioned in my previous post, the article I HAD READ said nothing about MSB being refurbished.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I don't dispute that might have been in the article you read. However at this stage we only have two things to really go on. Firstly, the Disney statement that they released. This is actually the only "real" information we have about Starbucks integration into MK and EPCOT at WDW.

Secondly we can use the DCA location for a general idea about how the locations will look and operate at WDW.

Everything else that everyone is saying, it simply, a guess or an opinion.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #135
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry but this is no different to you (or anyone else ) posting constantly about your dislike to Starbucks, the chosen location or the beloved cinnamon rolls/Main St or something else.

No one is targeting you personally, however there are a few people (myself included) who have posted most rigorously on this issue. Those people will get some quotes and replies then anyone else simply because of the sheer number of posts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: