Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #106
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Not that I'm for Starbucks replacing Main Street Bakery.

In 1974 it was a Sahara Lee store. Nobody doesn't like Sahara Lee. My point is things change as Walt would say "we're plus-sing it"

It will be so nice to get a good cup of Joe (my opinion).

Magic Kingdom in 1974

Take a look as some of the other corporate sponsors in 74, Coke, Hallmark, Bordens Ice Cream, Oscar Mayer. Seem like Frontier land was Pepsi & Frito Lay
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #107
alldiz
DIS Veteran

I for one am ecstatic for real coffee

I'm sure Disney will make it look absolutely fabulous.....Now if they can only replace that nescrape'....ahem....
Kerri
1978-offsite 1st visit, 1982, 1992 offsite, May 2006- 1st family trip Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Jan 07- POFQ and POP, May 2007- SSR 1st DVC trip Aug 2007- YC, BCV...and POFQ free diningApril 2008-BWV,and OKW Oct 2008-BWV and WLV 1st trip "home", Nov/Dec 2009- WLV and DCL April 2011- BCV, Carnival Cruise,AKV(Kidani), BLT.... Aug/Sept 2011-OKW, and BWVMarch/April 2013-SSR May 2013-BWV and BCV June/July 2013-Carnival Cruise and WLV Dec/Jan 2013/14 -AKV Jambo, Carnival Cruise, WLV
alldiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #108
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

After reading this article, I feel such better about the change! Wow. Take a look!

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ficially-over/

Im actually kinda excited about the change after reading the article. Guess I should have a bit more faith in Disney huh?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #109
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Will it still be called Main St Bakery thou? Probably not. It will be themed to match main st, thats fine. But what will they be selling? Thats what everyone is worried about. If they keep most of the same treats, that would be great. But until it happens, I wont get my hopes up too high. Im keeping my fingers crossed until then thou.
Yes, it will more than likely still be called Main St Bakery. As I've said dozens of times, the statement released clearly said Main St Bakery is closing for a refurbishment. This is different to the Fountain View location which is closing and becoming something else.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #110
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Yes, this!!! DH and I HATE Starbuck's and everything it stands for. Freaking $4 for a Large Coffee?!??! Are you freaking kidding me? Even their hot chocolate sucks.

So upset by this, it's making me nauseous.
I'm sorry that this is so upsetting to you. For an example, currently at WDW when you buy an iced coffee, it's $4. You get 16oz in 3 different flavour options. Starbucks however offer you 31oz for $4 and you get 4 different flavours plus extra ones around the holidays. I don't see how Starbucks is that expensive.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #111
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

Yes, it will more than likely still be called Main St Bakery. As I've said dozens of times, the statement released clearly said Main St Bakery is closing for a refurbishment. This is different to the Fountain View location which is closing and becoming something else.
The article I read said nothing about a "refurbishment". Had I read that MSB was simply getting a makeover, I wouldnt have panicked. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 11-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #112
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I'm sorry that this is so upsetting to you. For an example, currently at WDW when you buy an iced coffee, it's $4. You get 16oz in 3 different flavour options. Starbucks however offer you 31oz for $4 and you get 4 different flavours plus extra ones around the holidays. I don't see how Starbucks is that expensive.
it's the mysterious stuff that starbucks stands for that she hates in addition to the price which she vastly overstated.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #113
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After reading this article, I feel such better about the change! Wow. Take a look!

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ficially-over/

Im actually kinda excited about the change after reading the article. Guess I should have a bit more faith in Disney huh?

Sent from my Galaxy SII
It's a great post! Puts in all into proper perspective

Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #114
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

It's a great post! Puts in all into proper perspective
Yes, doesnt it? Fantastic article indeed.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #115
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I'm finding it a bit funny that in 6 years of membership here and less than 300 posts you've chosen to post so many times on this one thread. You've gotten quite defensive of the Starbucks brand and I'm unsure why. We're all entitled to our opinions. Some prefer Nescafe, some Starbucks, others DnD... and some hate them all. No biggie.

Also, the baked goods - we know what we've been told, but reality and vision don't always match up... it's a wait and see game. I just hope they keep the giant cinnamon rolls where one can feed an army

... am also curious how they'll restructure the line so the area we wait for our drinks in does not interfere with seating or the line. Guess I should examine the DCA version some more.
b
You should see her on the "other" Starbucks thread. She is totally obnoxious and very defensive about eh hem Starbucks.

I agree with posters here, Starbucks coffee is horrible. It's bitter and tastes burnt. Someone said I should try their other gourmet drinks which I may, but their coffee is outrageously expensive and lacking in taste in MY OPINION.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #116
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
b
You should see her on the "other" Starbucks thread. She is totally obnoxious and very defensive about eh hem Starbucks.

I agree with posters here, Starbucks coffee is horrible. It's bitter and tastes burnt. Someone said I should try their other gourmet drinks which I may, but their coffee is outrageously expensive and lacking in taste in MY OPINION.
what is "eh hem" starbucks?

I really am very sorry that my post count is not high enough for your taste and that my posting is suspicious. when you had 280 posts, was your posting suspicious?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #117
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

I really am very sorry that my post count is not high enough for your taste and that my posting is suspicious. when you had 280 posts, was your posting suspicious?
This thread is becomming nasty,could we all please grow up? I like starbucks and for me it's a treat. We all have are own tastes and i don't belive that MSB is going away.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #118
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs

Im thinking youre a Starbucks employee. Why else would you be so passionate and defensive about this?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #119
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Im thinking youre a Starbucks employee. Why else would you be so passionate and defensive about this?

Sent from my Galaxy SII
i am not a starbucks employee. i'm sure you won't believe me but i don't work in any type of retail industry.

i am passionate about this because i think it is a cool addition to the parks and i don't like the hysteria that some are displaying.

if i were a starbucks employee, i'd hope they would fire me. they should not want reps of their brand posting on these boards. that would be a really bad idea.

by the way, i don't particularly like starbucks. i'd have the exact same reaction if it were mcdonalds coming back or dunkin or whatever other brand.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #120
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I'm not a Starbucks employee but I do like Starbucks. Liking their coffee or not is actually entirely irrelevant. It would be like me saying "I don't like the Cinnamon rolls" so Disney should get rid of them.

Freshmanjs isn't defending having Starbucks in the parks anymore rigorously then others are protesting its presence.

At the end of the day, all these threads, posts, blog posts, petitions are irrelevant. Starbucks is coming to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
i am not a starbucks employee. i'm sure you won't believe me but i don't work in any type of retail industry.

i am passionate about this because i think it is a cool addition to the parks and i don't like the hysteria that some are displaying.

if i were a starbucks employee, i'd hope they would fire me. they should not want reps of their brand posting on these boards. that would be a really bad idea.

by the way, i don't particularly like starbucks. i'd have the exact same reaction if it were mcdonalds coming back or dunkin or whatever other brand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: