Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #76
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Will it still be called Main St Bakery thou? Probably not. It will be themed to match main st, thats fine. But what will they be selling? Thats what everyone is worried about. If they keep most of the same treats, that would be great. But until it happens, I wont get my hopes up too high. Im keeping my fingers crossed until then thou.
I think so. Just by going on the DCA Starbucks integration. The original store name is still the main sign/theme.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #77
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsanvil View Post
I'd be happier if it was going to be a Dunkin Donuts - their coffee rocks!
Yes, this!!! DH and I HATE Starbuck's and everything it stands for. Freaking $4 for a Large Coffee?!??! Are you freaking kidding me? Even their hot chocolate sucks.

So upset by this, it's making me nauseous.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #78
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Yes, this!!! DH and I HATE Starbuck's and everything it stands for. Freaking $4 for a Large Coffee?!??! Are you freaking kidding me? Even their hot chocolate sucks.

That is just plain not true. A large coffee at Starbucks costs about $2.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #79
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
That is just plain not true. A large coffee at Starbucks costs about $2.
Not sure where you live, but here in NYC it does.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #80
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528;
Me too! I hate starbucks. Part of me prefers the nasty Nescafe. Lol. And yes, their hot chocolate SUCKS. Its the worst i ever tasted in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsanvil
I'd be happier if it was going to be a Dunkin Donuts - their coffee rocks!
I would be happier with dunkin donuts as well! I prefer their coffee over Starbucks!

Quote:
Prices vary. It all depends where you live.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #81
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I work in midtown. A grande coffee is $2.20 + tax.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #82
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Personally I enjoy Starbucks coffee, though not their prices!

My only concern, their pastry goods are often stale. In fact one of the stalest croissants I've ever purchased was at Starbucks, it ticked me off so bad, I drove back to complain and return it! I told the Mgr. that at $4-$5 for latte's etc the least they could do is have fresh pastries! The only decent thing I've ever had, the lemon iced pound cake and the Marbled Chocolate pound cake! They have lousy scones, at least the 3 or 4 locations around work/home!And the sandwiches aren't any better!

One can only hope that if they are to replace a well known/loved bakery shop that they will be forced to do much better!

Hopefully no one will mess with the Boardwalk bakery!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #83
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

starbucks in the magic kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Me too! I hate starbucks. Part of me prefers the nasty Nescafe. Lol. And yes, their hot chocolate SUCKS. Its the worst i ever tasted in my life.

I would be happier with dunkin donuts as well! I prefer their coffee over Starbucks!

Prices vary. It all depends where you live.
I HATE DUNKIN DONUTS! secound guests have been complaing about the nasty coffee( i can't weigh in over the nescafe because i have never tryed it.)for many years. I just read mouseplanet and in thier update they said that the Main street bakery will still have thier baked goods for sale. Also i just want to say this in the disneyland history there have been many sponsers how the heck do you think disneyland got bulit. I have also seen the photos of starbucks in DCA and it dosen't look like any starbucks that i've seen. Belive me where i live there are at least three people are so scared of change. If you don't like something then DON"T BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #84
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I work in midtown. A grande coffee is $2.20 + tax.

Grande=medium.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #85
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Grande=medium.
The venti is $0.20 more.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #86
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What does Starbucks stand for that you hate so much?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #87
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
What does Starbucks stand for that you hate so much?
I'm finding it a bit funny that in 6 years of membership here and less than 300 posts you've chosen to post so many times on this one thread. You've gotten quite defensive of the Starbucks brand and I'm unsure why. We're all entitled to our opinions. Some prefer Nescafe, some Starbucks, others DnD... and some hate them all. No biggie.

Also, the baked goods - we know what we've been told, but reality and vision don't always match up... it's a wait and see game. I just hope they keep the giant cinnamon rolls where one can feed an army

... am also curious how they'll restructure the line so the area we wait for our drinks in does not interfere with seating or the line. Guess I should examine the DCA version some more.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #88
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The venti is $0.20 more.
We'll have to agree to disagree because I know that all my friends and co-workers who drink Starbuck's come in with with their Ventis and they pay like $3.80 something which for all intents and purposes is $4.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #89
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree because I know that all my friends and co-workers who drink Starbuck's come in with with their Ventis and they pay like $3.80 something which for all intents and purposes is $4.
My bet is those are Lattes they have... they cost quite a bit more than the base coffee (but in my opinion, on a cold day, are SO good )
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #90
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I'm finding it a bit funny that in 6 years of membership here and less than 300 posts you've chosen to post so many times on this one thread. You've gotten quite defensive of the Starbucks brand and I'm unsure why. We're all entitled to our opinions. Some prefer Nescafe, some Starbucks, others DnD... and some hate them all. No biggie.

Also, the baked goods - we know what we've been told, but reality and vision don't always match up... it's a wait and see game. I just hope they keep the giant cinnamon rolls where one can feed an army

... am also curious how they'll restructure the line so the area we wait for our drinks in does not interfere with seating or the line. Guess I should examine the DCA version some more.
I find the topic interesting. that's all. not sure why i need to defend my post count.

i am genuinely curious why you hate "what Starbucks stands for." I would totally understand if you just don't like their products. But I'm not sure what they stand for that would be objectionable? I am not defensive of Starbucks in any way. Mostly I just don't like logical inconsistency and hysteria (not saying you) that has been projected by some.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: