Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Cunard 2014

Just got an e-mail from Cunard, advertising their 2014 cruises, including europe.

Are you listening, DCL?????
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
n8tivecaligirl
Mouseketeer

The wonder is going to Europe. We just don't know when or where.

n8tivecaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tivecaligirl View Post
And you know this how?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
So what ship are they going to send to Alaska?
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
n8tivecaligirl
Mouseketeer

Someone my mom works with at the port of San Diego. He told us that the wonder will be doing a "farewell" tour for the west coast this year and next the. Repositioning to Europe.

n8tivecaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone my mom works with at the port of San Diego. He told us that the wonder will be doing a "farewell" tour for the west coast this year and next the. Repositioning to Europe.
Well, since DCL doesn't even sail out of San Diego (and odds are that person isn't a DCL person) I don't know that I'd put much weight on what they would have to say.

I'm hoping that DCL will at least continue with the Alaska cruises. With those, there's at least the chance they might do a few Pacific Coastal cruises again, and maybe another Hawaii. A long Alaska (LA roundtrip) would be nice, too.

As a west-coaster, I really hate having to fly to cruise DCL. It basically doubles the fare for the cruise, which is high enough to start with.

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Well, since DCL doesn't even sail out of San Diego (and odds are that person isn't a DCL person) I don't know that I'd put much weight on what they would have to say.

I'm hoping that DCL will at least continue with the Alaska cruises. With those, there's at least the chance they might do a few Pacific Coastal cruises again, and maybe another Hawaii. A long Alaska (LA roundtrip) would be nice, too.

As a west-coaster, I really hate having to fly to cruise DCL. It basically doubles the fare for the cruise, which is high enough to start with.
Oh so agree with you again. Going to the east coast is usually $500pp. Just makes the trip so much more costly.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr

So what ship are they going to send to Alaska?
I hope they send one!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Not true. The cruise director on the Wonder told me that the Alaska cruises were some of the most lucrative for Disney this year. Think they are going to stop serving this market? Think again. Maybe the Wonder will go somewhere else but they will still have a ship sailing to Alaska in 2014.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post
Not true. The cruise director on the Wonder told me that the Alaska cruises were some of the most lucrative for Disney this year. Think they are going to stop serving this market? Think again. Maybe the Wonder will go somewhere else but they will still have a ship sailing to Alaska in 2014.
It would almost have to be the Wonder. She's the only one who's had modifications to sail in colder weather. Granted, it's not much (just enclosing the Outlook Bar area), but the other ships don't have even that enclosed area for cruising in Alaska.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

It would almost have to be the Wonder. She's the only one who's had modifications to sail in colder weather. Granted, it's not much (just enclosing the Outlook Bar area), but the other ships don't have even that enclosed area for cruising in Alaska.

Do they do these changes during dry dock? If so, could they possible prep the Magic for it during next year's dry dock?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Do they do these changes during dry dock? If so, could they possible prep the Magic for it during next year's dry dock?
The Wonder "winterizing" was done during dry dock. DCL hasn't announced what changes they'll make to the Magic. anything is possible.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: