Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #121
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykitty87 View Post
DBF & I went there for the first time during our trip in September and it was AMAZING!! If they do decided to change it I just hope they blend it in and not have Starbucks logos everywhere!
They won't. DCA has very subtle signing.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #122
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Walt would be ashamed

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #123
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth....

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
I wonder whose bright idea it was to refurb the outside at a different time than the inside. Seems it would have been more efficient to do them at the same time rather than closing the place down twice in less than a year.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #124
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I don't get what the big deal is. Cinnamon Rolls are at Gaston's and a bunch of baked goods are at Storybook Circus. It is sad to see the bakery being replaced by something that isn't in that era.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #125
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Walt would be ashamed
I never really understand this argument. It always comes up anytime there is any kind of change at Disneyland or WDW Walt was a business man, otherwise entry into Disneyland would have been free! He would have changed with the times as necessary to keep making money. While WDW will certainly continue to make money with or without a Starbucks, for years on these boards and I would imagine to Disney directly, people have been complaining about the coffee they offer so they are doing something about it. Like Starbucks or hate it, it seems to be the most popular coffee chain in the USA.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #126
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPups View Post
Aww man. When they first announced Starbucks, i just thought they'd be switching to Serving it. (Which would be much better than Nescafe!) Not putting in an actual store. And certainly not replacing MSB. Boo.
I thought the same...BOO HOO is right! I hate Starbucks and the thought of them changing MK Bakery to a Starbucks "store" is just wrong.
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #127
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPups View Post
Aww man. When they first announced Starbucks, i just thought they'd be switching to Serving it. (Which would be much better than Nescafe!) Not putting in an actual store. And certainly not replacing MSB. Boo.

Exactly! I would love to have access to good coffee in the parks, but I shouldn't have to lose the Bakery for it!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #128
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Cinnamon rolls will be available at Gaston's Tavern (and probably at Starbucks) and the Toll House cookie sandwiches are available at Sleepy Hollow.

So long as we can get those two things somewhere, I am okay with this.
Thanks for the info!! Have you purchased them there? Just curious on their hours. I need to do more research.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys View Post
They better not get rid of the ice cream sandwiches. They're a must for our family every trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria3 View Post
No worries! They sell them at Sleepy Hollow too.
Thought Sleepy Hollow had very limited hours....will have to look into it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I would love to have access to good coffee in the parks, but I shouldn't have to lose the Bakery for it!
I don't drink coffee, but agree.....change the coffee, NOT the Bakery/offerings. From the Original post it sounds as if they are going to replace the Main St Bakery goods with Starbucks pastries, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.....

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #129
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Shay

Our family too!! I sooooooooooooooooo hope that the bakery items remain! Starbucks' bakery items are lousy. We want our ice cream sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, croissants, and cookies.
FWIW - you can get the cookie ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow. I don't agree with this change either, but at least you can get those somewhere else!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #130
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Walt was a business man, otherwise entry into Disneyland would have been free! He would have changed with the times as necessary to keep making money.
And it was actually under Walt Disney that Disney started having shops like this sponsored by major brands of the day.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #131
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Cool

Do not like Starbucks- read this and my initial reaction outloud to myself was -ARE YIOU KIDDING ME???

I know they use other sponsers like Nestle but having the whole bakery taken over stinks.

They just bought Lucas films for $4 billion they can't need the extra revenue-HAHA!!!!

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #132
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan

I wonder whose bright idea it was to refurb the outside at a different time than the inside. Seems it would have been more efficient to do them at the same time rather than closing the place down twice in less than a year.
It wasn't closed during the exterior remodel of I remember correctly. I have a feeling it has always been in the plans and they were just prepping for the change!

One thing I'm hoping for is that they fix all of the wasted space. The area around the checkout is so vast and under utilized that I hope the rearrange and fix it! I think there would could more a lot more seating and bakery case area if they do!!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #133
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

My initial reaction to this recent announcement was a short and simple "Oh, carp."

I'm sure the outside facade will be understated and in keeping with the rest of Main Street. It probably will just be a replacement of the current signage. And I'm equally sure that the interior changes will be similarly treated.

And, unlike some of the PPs, I'm not concerned that yet another corporate sponsor has arrived- that's been going on since Day 1 at DL and is simply a fact of life in the Disney Parks. While I do like good coffee, I've never considered Starbucks to be that, but that's just my opinion. At least it's better than Nescafe.

My only concern is the possible loss of the current offerings at the bakery. Yes, I am aware that some of the items are available elsewhere. That's not the point. I want to be able to stop into the bakery on my way into (or out of) the park and get my x, y, or z. I'm not a big fan of the current Starbucks baked goods.

No amount of protesting by us is going to make any difference, however. This move has been in the works for a long time now. I'm sure it was a consideration when the major refurb was done last year. As with all things, we'll just have to wait and see, and hope for the best.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #134
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99 View Post
I don't get what the big deal is. Cinnamon Rolls are at Gaston's and a bunch of baked goods are at Storybook Circus. It is sad to see the bakery being replaced by something that isn't in that era.
Whew! I'm good then.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #135
WaltDaddy
Earning My Ears

Is this for real? This is crazy - I worked for Starbucks in college - I love Starbucks - I would be fine ADDING Starbucks to WDW but not replacing TWO of my favorite spots!

Officially addicted to everything WDW

Trips to WDW:
April 2008 (Star Island), September 2009 (BLT), June 2010 (Wilderness Lodge Villas). Aug 2010 (AS Sports)Nov. 2010 (Bonnet Creek), May 2011 (BLT), July 2011 (Coronado Springs), November 2011 (Port Orleans RS/Coronado Springs), September 2012 (Coronado Spgs/Art of Animation), March/April 2013 (Port Orleans RS), September 2013 (Coronado Spgs)

WaltDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: