Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #106
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Yes this exactly! If they will continue to sell all the same bakery items including the candied and carmel apples (I love those apples), as well as a great cup of coffee, I'm all for it. But, if all they have on the shelves is the same stuff Starbucks sells, then that would be a bummer.
I'm really hoping they will finally release some Starbucks tumblers,mugs ect with a combined Starbucks and Disney logo! They haven't had DCA but perhaps when they open more stores in the parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Sponsoring a ride is not the same as selling your product in the park. As far as mcDonalds goes, look how well that turned out in AK and MK. My real concern is space. They really didn't have enough room when it was a bakery, can you imagine the congestion they'll have now?
I definitely feel that this will be a problem. I don't mind that Starbucks is going into the Main St Bakery however that store already gets SO busy, especially of a morning. Imagine now once it sells Starbucks as well! I was hoping ti would go elsewhere to at least try and break up the "traffic" flow

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #107
PinkTink63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
OMG!!!! PLEEEEASE don't take away my choc chip cookie ice cream sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a family tradition!!!!!
Ditto!!!
Hawaii & VGC 8/2011
BLT/VB/AKV-8/2010, SSR/VB/AKV-8/2009, BWV/VB/AKV-8/2008, SSR/BCV-8/2007, PP DL-8/2006, OKW/BWV-8/2005, CSR/POFQ-8/2004, DH-8/03, DH-8/02, CBR/POFQ-8/01, DH-8/99, DL/offsite-4/99
Stephanie Kelly Kyle Latte, Tinkerbell, Jasmine, and Duchess
PinkTink63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #108
AryaForQueen
.*:*.*Queen in the North*.*:*.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Disney,,, whyy????
You can get a darned Starbucks coffee anywhere these days, how many chances/places can you eat at the Main Street Bakery ?
Just plain goofy decision.

The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up
Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

When the snow falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
Winter is Coming.
AryaForQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #109
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Hate to see a chain replace a Disney original.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #110
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
If it is anything like DCA's Starbucks it won't be as bad as some may think. It looks nothing like your typical Starbucks inside, in fact the only thing that is Starbucks about it is the drinks. They still sell the same baked goods as the other bakeries do in the parks, and the only signage on the outside is a plaque. It's not as horrible as people may picture. Plus it's nice to get my pumpkin spice latte fix while I'm there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
This. I don't know why so many people think that a company so invested in theming will fumble this decision and put in a Starbuck's that looks just like one you would find in downtown Chicago. Let's not freak out until we see with our own eyes what the new location will look like and serve. Plenty of places on Main Street over the years have had significant corporate ties without presenting themselves as corporate shills or sellouts. Think: Sealtest, Carnation, Oscar Meyer, Coca-Cola among others. I am far from a Starbuck's fan, but I'll take their espresso over anything served at the MSB. And the Starbuck's brownies are way better than the MSB versions.
ITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBdisneyMC View Post
I really think many of the people here need to take a deep breath. As I said earlier, and others have said, this is NOT going to be a typical Starbucks that you'd find on every street corner, I can almost guarantee that! Plus, Starbucks is not the first corporation to come into Disney World. McDonald's had a presence in Disney, and many other brands still have a presence in Disney. LTT is sponsored by Craisins, TTA is sponsored by Alamo, the Land is (was?) sponsored by Nestle, and the list goes on. Brawny even tells us how to wash our hands in the bathroom... They all have brand logos on their sign. This is nothing new.

I don't think the look or feel of Main St. is in danger any more than it's endangered by the enormous gift shop taking up the entire left side (the Emporium.) I doubt they sold that many t-shirts or coffee mugs in the early 1900's.

PLEASE look at how Starbucks was incorporated into DCA: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/
Well said! I don't drink coffee, but my DH does. We love everything about the MSB and hope that it remains much the same. I think it will be like the one in DCA and see no reason to panic or get so upset before we actually see what it looks like and what they sell.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #111
catho72
DIS Veteran

I am truly saddened by the news that Starbucks is replacing the Main Street Bakery! Even all three of our kids are shocked and outraged! Like other posters have stated, it would be OK if they were adding Starbucks brand coffee to the offerings at MSB, but REPLACING it altogether? Horrible, horrible, horrible!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #112
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I am truly saddened by the news that Starbucks is replacing the Main Street Bakery! Even all three of our kids are shocked and outraged! Like other posters have stated, it would be OK if they were adding Starbucks brand coffee to the offerings at MSB, but REPLACING it altogether? Horrible, horrible, horrible!
Do we actually "know" that Starbucks is replacing the Main St Bakery? I realise this was the headline of the article but very little information has actually been released about this addition. The Starbucks location at DCA isn't even called a Starbucks so neither will it's location on Main St. It's possibly it will still even be called Main St Bakery, with identical offerings alongside Starbucks drinks and food.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #113
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Do we actually "know" that Starbucks is replacing the Main St Bakery? I realise this was the headline of the article but very little information has actually been released about this addition. The Starbucks location at DCA isn't even called a Starbucks so neither will it's location on Main St. It's possibly it will still even be called Main St Bakery, with identical offerings alongside Starbucks drinks and food.
Straight from the horse's mouth....

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #114
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth....

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
It still won't be a Starbucks like we are used to seeing outside of the parks. It also actually doesn't say anything about a name change or anything about the menu either. It might completely change but I'm keeping an open mind until it has reopened or Disney release further information. Given the location at DCA, the theme fits in very well there. We won't be seeing a green glowing Starbucks sign on Main St. The sign at DCA blends in very well to the facade and it's not even called a Starbucks, it's called Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe. I can't see why it actually won't still be called Main St Bakery and Disney haven't actually said that it won't.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #115
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Well, so now we know. Not sure I agree, but who am I
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #116
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Didn't we JUST do this last month when it was a rumor?

Come on people.

1. They didn't destroy the feel of DCA when they put it in. In fact, they made the theming of the area BETTER. I thought I would miss the stuff they had there before, which was based in an old train car, but when I let my logical mind think about it, the lines at the old places were horrid, and they had something like 3 tiny tables at the ice cream section of it.

They created a HUGE space for Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical (and by the way, I missed the Starbucks sign until the last time I went by it, even though it looks like the original brown logo that I am familiar with since I live near Seattle), and there is a TON of seating. The line feels long but isn't really.

2. They serve all sorts of Disney treats, all sorts of Disney snacks found elsewhere, AND they sell Starbucks items. It's an amazing caseful of a TON of foods. And they serve warm things, too.

3. It will almost certainly be OK.

4. For coffee drinkers, you want to have the coffee in the first part of the park. That's why it's good on main street, because you can get to it first without having to fight your way to Fantasyland without your coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momloveshockey View Post
I kind of thought it would be nice to have Tim Hortons in the World Showcase Canada building at Epcot.
mmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebatonfan View Post
And now my view of the castle will be obscured by the hideous Starbucks sign... and their coffee isn't that amazing either.
There is no big sign, hideous or otherwise, at the DCA location. There is a *flat* plaque in brown and white (the more original colors) on the brick of the wall.

I don't know why people assume it will be hideous. Why would Disney do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
This. I don't know why so many people think that a company so invested in theming will fumble this decision and put in a Starbuck's that looks just like one you would find in downtown Chicago
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
It's one of the reasons I haven't been able to get DH to go back to DL with me since 2008. No decent coffee. Not only does the coffee in the park SUCK, but there wasn't an actual Starbucks in walking distance either. The options for coffee were Disney, Denny's, IHop or McDonalds. He was not amused.
FWIW, McD's serves Seattle's Best. (which is Starbucks) And has for awhile. How I know this I don't know (I don't eat at McD's), but I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
I never had the chocolate chip ice cream sand which. Just how good is it? Is it homemade or like toll house?
Pretty sure I've read that it's just gross Dreyer's with their cookies around it. Cookies good...Dreyer's junk.

And no matter how burned Starbucks might be, it's 18,000,000 times better than Nescafe.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #117
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
There is no big sign, hideous or otherwise, at the DCA location. There is a *flat* plaque in brown and white (the more original colors) on the brick of the wall.

I don't know why people assume it will be hideous. Why would Disney do that?
The Starbucks sign at DCA blends in very well with the exterior.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #118
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Sponsoring a ride is not the same as selling your product in the park. As far as mcDonalds goes, look how well that turned out in AK and MK. My real concern is space. They really didn't have enough room when it was a bakery, can you imagine the congestion they'll have now?
Perhaps that is why they are remodeling it, IJS

Disney has been doing Disney for a while, meaning for the most part, I think they have this down to a science. McDonald's was there for A WHILE, Disney even limited them to what they could sell (which I think ultimately ticked Mickey D's off). I think I am going to reserve freaking all the way out until I know what I am freaking out about. People asked for coffee, most coffee places sell pastries and baked goods, so main street BAKERY seems like a obvious choice for a coffee company. (Again, IJS). I also think the argument of theme is kinda going overboard too, this is Disney we are talking about, If it weren't for them we would not be discussing themes in a amusement park. I hope everyone can just sit back and have a little confidence in knowing Disney is good at what they do, case and point, we are on a board discussing a BAKERY, this is how much Disney has us all hooked. They did all that just to throw our loyalty out the window for Starbucks??? Doubt it.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #119
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Very well said! I'm pleased Starbucks will be going into the parks and I reserve judgement until we actually see what Disney has planned for it's Main St location.

I'm also interested in the fact no one seems that bothered about the EPCOT location. I'm actually more disappointed in that announced location as it's an ice cream shop so it will definitely be a significant change. This is always our first stop in EPCOT for ice cream sandwiches. Wonder if they will still sell those?

I can't see Main St Bakery changing that significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Perhaps that is why they are remodeling it, IJS

Disney has been doing Disney for a while, meaning for the most part, I think they have this down to a science. McDonald's was there for A WHILE, Disney even limited them to what they could sell (which I think ultimately ticked Mickey D's off). I think I am going to reserve freaking all the way out until I know what I am freaking out about. People asked for coffee, most coffee places sell pastries and baked goods, so main street BAKERY seems like a obvious choice for a coffee company. (Again, IJS). I also think the argument of theme is kinda going overboard too, this is Disney we are talking about, If it weren't for them we would not be discussing themes in a amusement park. I hope everyone can just sit back and have a little confidence in knowing Disney is good at what they do, case and point, we are on a board discussing a BAKERY, this is how much Disney has us all hooked. They did all that just to throw our loyalty out the window for Starbucks??? Doubt it.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #120
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

DBF & I went there for the first time during our trip in September and it was AMAZING!! If they do decided to change it I just hope they blend it in and not have Starbucks logos everywhere!

'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
The 'this-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' PTR
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: