Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #976
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I am loving that dude's checked pants. I had a pair just like that in green, when I was like 4 years old.
HA! You are so funny.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #977
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
HA! You are so funny.
I'm waiting for the fridge repair man to show up ~ having a squealing fridge fan makes you do funny things.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #978
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
And pray tell, how is Sunkist a nostalgic brand...?

Not to mention ... talk about intrusive signage!

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #979
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Why don't we wait to see how well it is done before we get all whiny about it? It is entirely possible that Starbucks coffee will be served along with some of their baked goods along with Disney's baked goods. It is also possible that the signage will be done very low key and unobtrusive just like the myriad of other corporate signs many guests don't even notice.

I do love how neurotic some of the Disney fans get about every little change before they even see how it turns out. Maybe Disney needs to sell some hardhats with mouse ears on it for all the fans who constantly believe the sky is falling.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #980
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what day the bakery closes for the refurb/changeover?
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #981
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Why don't we wait to see how well it is done before we get all whiny about it?
Why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #982
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why don't we wait to see how well it is done before we get all whiny about it? It is entirely possible that Starbucks coffee will be served along with some of their baked goods along with Disney's baked goods. It is also possible that the signage will be done very low key and unobtrusive just like the myriad of other corporate signs many guests don't even notice.

I do love how neurotic some of the Disney fans get about every little change before they even see how it turns out. Maybe Disney needs to sell some hardhats with mouse ears on it for all the fans who constantly believe the sky is falling.
WDW's version is supposed to be pretty much the same as DL's version.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #983
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
Does anyone know what day the bakery closes for the refurb/changeover?
December 22, 2012.

(just in case... I'm not serious)

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #984
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think it is because if people don't speak up,Disney doesn't know how their guests feel. If they didn't care, they wouldn't Have surveys at the parks. Ever here the expression " What's done is done". Once it's completed is a little ate to ask questions and give opinions.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #985
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
I think it is because if people don't speak up,Disney doesn't know how their guests feel. If they didn't care, they wouldn't Have surveys at the parks. Ever here the expression " What's done is done". Once it's completed is a little ate to ask questions and give opinions.
The trouble is that many of those speaking are making assumptions based on...nothing really. A lot of this is conjecture because we just don't know.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #986
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
But you speak up about confirmed changes, not unfounded speculation and hypotheticals. I hope they do a good job of theming the location and it doesn't look like a standard Starbucks that you see on every street corner. That simple sentence gets my hopes across without making allegations of ruining Main Street or claiming it almost doesn't make me want you to go there any more (which we all know is crap by the way). There is no need for the melodrama. I actually read the words "sanctity of main street" in one thread about this subject. That is a special kind of crazy right there.

They have already demonstrated that they can put a corporately sponsored location in their parks without it looking gaudy, specifically with Starbucks as a matter of fact.

Last edited by FireDancer; 11-15-2012 at 10:21 AM.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #987
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

THANK YOU DISNEY for bringing the Starbucks. I have written time and time again asking for them to do so. I am glad that they are going to put it where they are. Great place to stop and soak in main street. What they offered at MSB was not that wonderful to start with. Good job Disney, thanks for listening to your guests.

I literally laughed at how worked up some people in this thread are getting over things that they have no control over. It is sad that people would rather have a coronary and let something as silly as a Starbucks in Disney control their life, thoughts and vacation instead of just being grateful you can afford to go. SMH
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #988
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
The trouble is that many of those speaking are making assumptions based on...nothing really. A lot of this is conjecture because we just don't know.

Yep, the same few people on every thread getting upset over things they cannot control and moreso, things they dont have a real answer to.
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #989
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
The problem is that some people do not accept that others may have different opinions, that is all. MSB will not exist in its present form, fact. Someone do not see it as a big deal some are upset, so what. Not like our opinions will affect actual changes, so I think it is fine for everyone feel the way they do.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #990
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
December 22, 2012.

(just in case... I'm not serious)
Great (sarcasm). Just in time for the Myan end of the world party.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: