Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #826
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The new Starbucks Fairy.

Oh I saw her this morning at my local Starbucks! She was making the Christmas Cookies
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #827
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 44,843

This thread has been eye-opening for me. I had no idea that some people see Starbucks as such an evil corporation. Success seems to breed contempt.

Funny that a friend told me the same thing about Disney once. I guess that we all see it differently. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my Starbucks chai.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #828
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

The MSN will be closed for refurbishing and will reopen as SB location, fact.

It will have SB items and some MSB items, fact.

Current theme/design/costumes will change but reflect surroundings, fact.

Disney will have bakery on Main Street, just not MSB as it is now, fact.

Now, sponsorship vs. take over is an opinion.

SB with Disney items vs. MSB with SB items another opinion.

Can someone absolutely, 100% prove their opinions, I guess not. No matter how many times we read article or look at DL pictures, opinions are opinions and it will not even change after place opens, anyone will find something they were right about.
So aside from facts everything else is speculation, but we do it here the best.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #829
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccaariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY
Now, sponsorship vs. take over is an opinion.
Well, no. Takeover would mean that Starbucks, the company, has purchased the Main Street Bakery (which isn't even possible because the MSB isn't a company in and of itself) and is turning it into a Starbucks. They have not purchased anything. Takeover is the purchase of one company by another. That's the definition of the word. No opinion can change that.
__________________

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn



Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip

Last edited by rebeccaariel; 11-13-2012 at 09:06 AM.
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #830
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I know you're joking. I used to love Columbia Harbor House...but Disney has changed their clam chowder, it is not the same tasty chowder it used to be. Red Lobster may actually be an improvement...and I'm not a Red Lobster fan. There have been some improvements at the table service restaurants lately, but the Disney operated counter servce places seem to be getting worse. Corporate sponsors may actually be a general improvement.
I would suggest to them a local establishment Celebration Town Tavern to sponsor Columbia Harbor House. I have no idea if they would be interested, but they have fabulous seafood flown in fresh from Massachusetts and the clam chowder is to die for!
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #831
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Well, no. Takeover would mean that Starbucks, the company, has purchased the Main Street Bakery (which isn't even possible because the MSB isn't a company in and of itself) and is turning it into a Starbucks. They have not purchased anything. Takeover is the purchase of one company by another. That's the definition of the word. No opinion can change that.
Not takeover of the company but the place itself.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #832
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccaariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

Not takeover of the company but the place itself.
That's not what the word takeover means though. Takeover means the purchase of a company by another. Maybe find a different word for what you're describing to avoid future misunderstandings.
__________________

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn



Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #833
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
 
JimmyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
The MSN will be closed for refurbishing and will reopen as SB location, fact.

It will have SB items and some MSB items, fact.

Current theme/design/costumes will change but reflect surroundings, fact.

Disney will have bakery on Main Street, just not MSB as it is now, fact.

Now, sponsorship vs. take over is an opinion.

SB with Disney items vs. MSB with SB items another opinion.

Can someone absolutely, 100% prove their opinions, I guess not. No matter how many times we read article or look at DL pictures, opinions are opinions and it will not even change after place opens, anyone will find something they were right about.
So aside from facts everything else is speculation, but we do it here the best.
I agree with most of what you say. The only thing missing is the reliance on past precedent. Corporate sponsorship has been done dozens of times before with the likes of Sara Lee, Nestle, Carnation, Coke, Edy's just to name a few, and in none of those instances did anyone declare that the sky was falling and that a particular location had been ruined. And while: "Disney will do this the right way and keep the location pleasant" is indeed an opinion, it is one formed from vast past experience whereas: "Disney is going to ruin this location" is an opinion formed by little more than fear. People are entitled to either opinion. But one comes with precedent and the other does not.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #834
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 77,791

I am thinking it will work out just fine.

And more Mickey ears opportunities.








.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #835
a11ie
"I only hope that we Do Not lose sight of one thing -- That it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney
 
a11ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: st. louis
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel

That's not what the word takeover means though. Takeover means the purchase of a company by another. Maybe find a different word for what you're describing to avoid future misunderstandings.
Actually, it is the act of gaining control. Which absolutely works here.
__________________
Born December '89..
Just couldn't wait to go.
First trip in Feb '90. (Poly.)___Dec '91. (BC)
Dec '92.(US trip)_____Nov '93 (offsite)
Dec '94 (Dixie Landing)_____Sep '95 (BC)
Disneyland '96______Oct '97 (??)
Nov '99 (DL)_____May '00 (BWV)
May '01 (S&D)______Nov '01 (POR, BWV)
Disney Cruise '02______May '03 (BWV)
Oct '04 (BWV)______Sep '06 (BWV)

My DS FIRST trip at 14mo Nov '10 (BWV)
Had 2nd, surprise, trip with Grandma and Papa Oct '12 (BWV)
Planning to go back Sep '13. (BLT&BWV)
ME DS
a11ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #836
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,411

Update to Disney Parks Blog story.

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #837
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Update to Disney Parks Blog story.

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/
Sorry, what was that?
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #838
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccaariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11ie

Actually, it is the act of gaining control. Which absolutely works here.
Except that Starbucks isn't gaining control of anything. As noted above, MSB is keeping its name and theming.
__________________

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn



Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #839
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,411

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Sorry, what was that?
It means the MSB will cease to exist as we know it.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #840
a11ie
"I only hope that we Do Not lose sight of one thing -- That it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney
 
a11ie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: st. louis
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom
I just find this outrage to be so completely asinine. I have been to Disney 42 times since Dec. 1971. I have been through every possible change and seen many of my favorite rides from childhood disappear. And you know something, it's OK. My memories come from the activity at the time and the people I was with. When things change, I create a new memory and remember fondly the old ones.
Sorry For the double post, i haven't figured out how to quote more than one person in the same post. But I agree 100% with that!
__________________
Born December '89..
Just couldn't wait to go.
First trip in Feb '90. (Poly.)___Dec '91. (BC)
Dec '92.(US trip)_____Nov '93 (offsite)
Dec '94 (Dixie Landing)_____Sep '95 (BC)
Disneyland '96______Oct '97 (??)
Nov '99 (DL)_____May '00 (BWV)
May '01 (S&D)______Nov '01 (POR, BWV)
Disney Cruise '02______May '03 (BWV)
Oct '04 (BWV)______Sep '06 (BWV)

My DS FIRST trip at 14mo Nov '10 (BWV)
Had 2nd, surprise, trip with Grandma and Papa Oct '12 (BWV)
Planning to go back Sep '13. (BLT&BWV)
ME DS
a11ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: