Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #766
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I don't know, ask the people who hate Starbucks so much. I'm sure exactly it's so much what the corporation has done. If it is, they should hate Nestle far more which has proven human rights violations against them. If people want to talk about greedy corporations, I don't think Starbucks is the worst one out there.

Greedy corporations? That's redundant isn't it? I mean let's be honest, Disney is a greedy corporation they just make us feel better about it. Kinda like a greedy corporation with a cause ya know?
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #767
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post

Greedy corporations? That's redundant isn't it? I mean let's be honest, Disney is a greedy corporation they just make us feel better about it. Kinda like a greedy corporation with a cause ya know?
That's my argument! On our last trip, we had to buy a packed of band aids at Magic Kingdom. It was $6 for about 4 bandaids! I could have gotten a 31oz Iced Coffee and a Croissant for that!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #768
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's my argument! On our last trip, we had to buy a packed of band aids at Magic Kingdom. It was $6 for about 4 bandaids! I could have gotten a 31oz Iced Coffee and a Croissant for that!
It's hillarious how you start to look at things when it comes to what you love. Saving for a trip or right after a trip I find myself saying. . . "Do you know how many Mickey Krispie treats I could have bought with that?" Or "What took you so long? I could have ridden SM, BTM AND SM 3 times each by now!" Your point of reference is completely in another stratosphere, which can only mean one thing. . . The Disney (corporate greed) force is strong within you!
Commando Member #216

Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #769
elleherself
Mouseketeer

The only thing I've seen mentioned against Starbucks is that hipsters drink it. So clearly they are tucked in bed with satan himself.

I agree that I hate the Nestle corporation, hard to get away from them though.

I for one welcome our new barista overlords, if I can get a Holiday Peppermint Mocha Latte (tm) on my way to Space Mountain.
May 2008 (MK and AK - Hilton) ~ October 2008 (MNSSHP, DHS, Howl-O-Scream, IoA and Universal - offsite) ~ August 30, 2009 (24th Birthday at DHS! - stayed with family) ~ September 2009 (Epcot and MK - Saratoga Springs and Polynesian) ~ December 2009 (MK, Epcot, AK - offsite) ~ February 2010 (DHS, Epcot, MK - offsite) ~ October 2010 (MK, Epcot F&W, HS, AK, MNSSHP, Universal & IoA, Howl-O-Scream - FORT WILDERNESS CABIN!) ~ September 2012 (Epcot F&W, ToT 10 Miler, MNSSHP, MK - Bonnet Creek) ~ February 2013 (Princess 1/2 Marathon, MK Dapper Day, MK, Epcot, DHS, AK) - offsite ~ September 2013 (MNSSHP, DHS Dapper Day, Epcot) - Port Orleans French Quarter
elleherself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #770
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's hillarious how you start to look at things when it comes to what you love. Saving for a trip or right after a trip I find myself saying. . . "Do you know how many Mickey Krispie treats I could have bought with that?" Or "What took you so long? I could have ridden SM, BTM AND SM 3 times each by now!" Your point of reference is completely in another stratosphere, which can only mean one thing. . . The Disney (corporate greed) force is strong within you!
We say those things all the time! I love Starbucks but I love Disney too. I'm excited these two are coming together.

But those band aids were still a complete rip off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleherself View Post
The only thing I've seen mentioned against Starbucks is that hipsters drink it. So clearly they are tucked in bed with satan himself.
They are I've seen them myself.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #771
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We say those things all the time! I love Starbucks but I love Disney too. I'm excited these two are coming together.

But those band aids were still a complete rip off!

They are I've seen them myself.
See, I love this thread this time of night. . . All the daytime drama aside for the real important stuff. . . Disney-aholics-annonymous!
Commando Member #216

Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #772
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

This idea is going over light a lead balloon. We want our bakery back. Big money does US in again.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #773
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Who cares if it's owned by Starbucks as long as it has the right theming?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #774
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Who cares if it's owned by Starbucks as long as it has the right theming?
It won't be owned by Starbucks, just sponsored by it. It will still be the Main Street Bakery. It will just have marginally better coffee and a variety of old and new food items.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #775
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, I love this thread this time of night. . . All the daytime drama aside for the real important stuff. . . Disney-aholics-annonymous!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #776
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
This idea is going over light a lead balloon. We want our bakery back. Big money does US in again.
Not for all of us. Just look at this thread (or the 712 other threads). Many of us are happy about the change (or, at the very least, willing to see what happens).
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #777
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953
No one is taking away your bakery. Disney = big money.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #778
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
Only some people want the bakery "back". Not that MSB is actually going anywhere, it's staying the MSB with Starbucks coffee alongside Disney treats. There will be more Disney treats then Starbucks, if using DCA as a rough blue print.

As for big money, what exactly do you call Disney? Although neither Starbucks or Disney actually make the world's largest 100 corporations.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #779
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disluvr111
I think it's terribly sad. All those memories of getting to the park early (or late) and grabbing those delicious sticky buns will be gone. Now Starbucks will come in and destroy those precious memories. Just like when carnation stopped serving fantasia ice cream in Disneyland. Now it will just be a sad memory to tell my children one day.
Disney is always changing. My children will remember pooh fondly while I curse it every time we pass the picture of mr toad. Our children are allowed to have their own fond memories. Of course if all they hear is complaining that aspect will be ruined for them.

It is what it is.

Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #780
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disluvr111 View Post
I think it's terribly sad. All those memories of getting to the park early (or late) and grabbing those delicious sticky buns will be gone. Now Starbucks will come in and destroy those precious memories. Just like when carnation stopped serving fantasia ice cream in Disneyland. Now it will just be a sad memory to tell my children one day.
And again, what concrete evidence do you have that those buns will be gone? What's that? Right, you have no evidence.

I have no doubt you'll. be able to continue to stuff your face with them for years to one.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: