Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #751
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I don't know about you but if it's like DCA, I'll like it (I've been there). (and I have more than 5K ).
Since you've seen DCA, how would you compare the square footage they'll have to work with at DW MSB with DCA? That is my main concern. The Bakery seems so small even now, will they have the space to do it right?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #752
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochy18 View Post
Ok I made it thru four pages before compelled to express myself. DUMB DUMB DUMB. I'm going to miss everything ab MSB. The APPLE turnover and DBF will miss his chocolate cake. We spent so many morning grabbing breakfast there and grabbing yummies to go back to the hotel. Wow disney You really messed up on this one. I'm not a coffee drinker. I drink hot chocolate and definitely do not need a Starbucks to jump start my day. I need Disney magic and that's what the bakery is about. Starbucks food has never been any good no matter which one i try. I hope they listen to the people who pretty much pay them. Will this prevent me from going to WDW? No but I will not spend money at a Starbucks. Nope.
Most likely there will still be turnovers and chocolate cake. Most of the bakery case at DCA was non-Starbuck's items. You will not be spending money at Starbucks because it will not be "Starbucks", it will be a Disney establishment with Disney cm's that serve Starbucks drinks rather than Nestle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
Since you've seen DCA, how would you compare the square footage they'll have to work with at DW MSB with DCA? That is my main concern. The Bakery seems so small even now, will they have the space to do it right?
The square footage is larger there but everytime I went in most of the tables were empty. Most people did a grab and go.
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #753
SPAM
DIS Veteran

I am hoping for a nice combination of the two. Main Street Bakery is such a classic and I trust that Disney will do it right. I personally love Starbucks so I will enjoy being able to get a chai latte and a giant main street bakery cinnamon bun.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #754
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
StarBucks coffee is not better than the eh hem so called Nestle coffee. I don't like Starbucks at all. Why couldn't they just conceal the Starbucks logo and just serve the starbucks coffee like they did with McDonald Fries etc. at Frontier Land and World showcase in EPCOT? After all McDonald's coffee tastes so much better then that bitter tasting, outrageously priced Starbucks.

The March 2007 issue of Consumer Reports compared American fast-food chain coffees and ranked Starbucks behind McDonald's Premium Roast.[181] The magazine called Starbucks coffee"strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbucks
~LOL. That Consumer Reports review is hilarious! I think McDonald's would agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman1511 View Post
C'mon people, you're arguing over a cup of coffee and a pastry.... no need to take jabs at one another..i promise, it'll be alright

further, i'm not usually one to bicker about what disney does and does not do, because either way, i'm still going to flock to the parks and have a blast.. but I'm on board with the ones who are against this. Not that I don't like Starbucks, I think its great! I just think it'll seem a little out of place on Main Street, and the MSB was a classic..however, I'm sure I'll adapt
~Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

It's a form of a strategic alliance that benefits both brands. Happens all the time with many corporations.
~Well, who can argue with that, it looks like Starbuck's has a "strategic alliance" with every beat up gas station in America. So, naturally Disney was the next logical step!

~"McShellBucks"~

~McDonald's, Shell Gas Station, & Starbucks -- all rolled into one economical paradise!

~"McChevBucks"~

~McDonald's, Chevron, & Starbucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam81 View Post
I don't have that many posts so I cannot form my own opinion. Can a Senior member of these boards please tell me if I will like this change or not? Someone with 5k posts or more.
~LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
That is truly original!
~I totally agree!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #755
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~LOL. That Consumer Reports review is hilarious! I think McDonald's would agree with you!

~Great post!

~Well, who can argue with that, it looks like Starbuck's has a "strategic alliance" with every beat up gas station in America. So, naturally Disney was the next logical step!

~"McShellBucks"~

~McDonald's, Shell Gas Station, & Starbucks -- all rolled into one economical paradise!

~"McChevBucks"~

~LOL!

~I totally agree!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #756
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I am not responding to you personally but since you brought it up I quote your post. Please do not feel as if it directed towards you, I have nothing against you, it is general comment.

Just because someone has an opinion, sarcasm and rude comments are acceptable, since when? Why when presenting a point the whole garbage, collective stereotype about opposite side is dropped on a person. Brunette popped in just few last pages and it is easy to follow her few posts, does she deserve this mess? I popped a bit earlier with many posts and repeated my position many, many times, including that I actually like SB and do not support hysteria of canceling trips, did it matter? I got just the same mess on my head just because this is how some people are. If someone do not like your opinion, which I and Brunette are entitled to, we, personally will be taken apart. Instead of staying on topic, personal attacks, rudeness and sarcasm is in place and it is actually against Dis rules. So yes, we can stay off the thread but why should we? We have opinion and open for discussion. If someone cannot keep it on adult level and according to rules maybe they are the ones who should stay away from thread. After all, it is discussion board, place for conversation and not fights to take place.
I posted the dis guidlines a few pages back and I find it hilarious you're now quoting them to us now because you can't seem to get over yourself and you obviously think your opinion rules all. Take your own advice.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #757
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
Main Street won't look the same with a huge Starbuck's logo staring back at you.
There won't be. Check out the pictures from the cafe at DCA that sells Starbucks:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #758
disluvr111
Earning My Ears

I think it's terribly sad. All those memories of getting to the park early (or late) and grabbing those delicious sticky buns will be gone. Now Starbucks will come in and destroy those precious memories. Just like when carnation stopped serving fantasia ice cream in Disneyland. Now it will just be a sad memory to tell my children one day.
disluvr111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #759
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
I posted the dis guidlines a few pages back and I find it hilarious you're now quoting them to us now because you can't seem to get over yourself and you obviously think your opinion rules all. Take your own advice.
Hm, what?

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #760
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post

~Great post!

~"McShellBucks"~

~"McChevBucks"~

~LOL!

~I totally agree!

Notice how they blend with surroundings, should I say themed SB.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #761
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

Main Street Bakery is not going away. My understanding is that Starbucks will be there like Edy's is at the ice cream shop. There are name brands all over WDW. Everybody take a deep breath.

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #762
Korileigh
Mouseketeer

I heard Applebee's is taking over Cinderella's Royal Table.
Korileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #763
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
I can say with authority, as I am a Senior Member of this board that you will love the change.

Now have a Tollhouse cookie and a venti mocha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I see this as a potential win for everyone.

Hopefully the bakery interior will be remodeled because to me it looks drab now and the use of space is very poor. I see a much more attractive place that fits the Main Street theming with little mention of Starbucks and with bakery treats from both the original bakery and Starbucks. I'll be able to get my chai tea and SB's banana bread while others can still get whatever bakery items they already like.

My only worry is that the lines will be ridiculous but we'll see.
My issue is going to be the line too. The DCA location gets very busy in the morning and mid afternoon. I was hoping it would be elsewhere just to divide some of the morning traffic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
Main Street won't look the same with a huge Starbuck's logo staring back at you.
It won't be, check out the DCA location and you'll get the idea of how it will actually look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperfan View Post
It's much bigger then MSB and gets very busy. However most people, as a previous poster said, are grabbing their coffee and food to go. The tables are generally empty. Sometimes mid afternoon it gets a little busy with people sitting for an afternoon break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Most likely there will still be turnovers and chocolate cake. Most of the bakery case at DCA was non-Starbuck's items. You will not be spending money at Starbucks because it will not be "Starbucks", it will be a Disney establishment with Disney cm's that serve Starbucks drinks rather than Nestle.

The square footage is larger there but everytime I went in most of the tables were empty. Most people did a grab and go.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAM View Post
I am hoping for a nice combination of the two. Main Street Bakery is such a classic and I trust that Disney will do it right. I personally love Starbucks so I will enjoy being able to get a chai latte and a giant main street bakery cinnamon bun.
At the DCA location, there is more Disney food on offer than Starbucks food. It is two SB shelves to three Disney shelves. The combination at DCA is awesome.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #764
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Queen View Post
Main Street Bakery is not going away. My understanding is that Starbucks will be there like Edy's is at the ice cream shop. There are name brands all over WDW. Everybody take a deep breath.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Edy's and Coca Cola aren't nearly as bad as the evilness of the Starbucks corporation!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #765
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlovesdaisy View Post
Why would anyone hate Starbucks or think they are evil? Did I miss some major Starbucks is the devil news???
I don't know, ask the people who hate Starbucks so much. I'm sure exactly it's so much what the corporation has done. If it is, they should hate Nestle far more which has proven human rights violations against them. If people want to talk about greedy corporations, I don't think Starbucks is the worst one out there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: