Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #436
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Here, it does not look like quote, I have no idea how to do it but it is from original article. I even bolded parts indicating change. Notice, "will be designed" indicating change as MSB is designed already. Notice, CM costumes do not indicate present MSB costumes but something that will go with a theme. And of course I bolded part where they say it MSB will reopen into SB location. They do not refer to it as MSB anymore, it is SB location. I am sure you saw this before and I do not see the need for me to post it but just because, I did. Feel free to interpret what is written in black and white anyway you like. If you refuse to see, you refuse to see it. That is it.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.
How is that different from the current theme?
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #437
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
But ... but ... but ... its iconic!

So was the Tobacco Shop on Main Street when that closed
I personally miss the theater. The magic shop was kind of cool too.

WDW changes constantly. Very little is as it once was.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #438
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I personally miss the theater. The magic shop was kind of cool too.

WDW changes constantly. Very little is as it once was.
Exactly. I was saying this earlier as I have a huge hardback book on the World from the 80's and it looks like a completely different place. I miss the penny arcade but its a nostalgic thing for me, not a necessity to enjoy my vacay. I embrace the change - it may not be exactly what you want but at least Disney is ever evolving and takes care of their property. it could be worse .... I could be going to Six Flags
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #439
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Just weighing in...this is great news and I trust it will be done in a way to not detract from beauty of Main Street! I haven't heard a compelling argument for why this is evident of disney Armageddon
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #440
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So you did not read it, right.
I have read the article many times, simply because I've been quoting it to so many people who seem to think that Starbucks has come into to destroy MSB, the Disney brand itself and it (somehow) more or less going to end civilization as we know it.

The statement clearly says that Main St Bakery is closing for refurbishment and that it will reopen as a Starbucks location. Refurbishment not closing.

For Fountain View at EPCOT however, the statement clearly says that it is closing. There is nothing mentioned about a refurb to this location.

Disney had already stated that it will be themed to fit the location, that the staff (who are CM's) will be in period costume to suit the area, and that there will be a selection of both Starbucks and Disney food.

I'm surprised how many people are somehow believing this to be a "take over" It isn't. Disney and Starbucks came to an arrangement, more than likely, after many complaints about their coffee.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #441
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
So, basically this going to be like the Karamell-Küche caramel shop in Epcot sponsored by Stork/Werther's Original Caramels?
Exactly! People seem to ignore all the other sponsorship that is around WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
I was going to bring that up, but I've been around here long enough to know it won't make any difference with anyone.
Indeed!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #442
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
Feel free to interpret what is written in black and white anyway you like. If you refuse to see, you refuse to see it. That is it.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.
Nobody is saying that if you saw the above text and only the above text that you would be incorrect to assume things are the worst case scenario, as you have.

The problem is that myriad people have pointed out that based on the pre-announcement communication and what they actually have done in the parks to date that the way you are reading this is most likely wrong. And you're not backing down or even acknowledging any of the arguments about the Starbucks location in DCA, etc. "Read what it says" "read what it says" - Yeah. I get it. Not well worded. The sensible people among us are taking a balanced view and not over-reading one part of a press release that is clearly targeting the non-Disney fanatic with it's message.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #443
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I have read the article many times, simply because I've been quoting it to so many people who seem to think that Starbucks has come into to destroy MSB, the Disney brand itself and it (somehow) more or less going to end civilization as we know it.

The statement clearly says that Main St Bakery is closing for refurbishment and that it will reopen as a Starbucks location. Refurbishment not closing.

For Fountain View at EPCOT however, the statement clearly says that it is closing. There is nothing mentioned about a refurb to this location.

Disney had already stated that it will be themed to fit the location, that the staff (who are CM's) will be in period costume to suit the area, and that there will be a selection of both Starbucks and Disney food.

I'm surprised how many people are somehow believing this to be a "take over" It isn't. Disney and Starbucks came to an arrangement, more than likely, after many complaints about their coffee.
EXACTLY! This is how Disney answered the many complaints. Remember all those people that constantly say 'write Disney so they'll change it. Let them know you're displeased.' IT WORKED. What's a popular coffee supplier? STARBUCKS. Naturally if Disney is going to change something they're going to choose a popular option that will bring in the bucks.

MSB and Starbucks are one in the same from an outside perspective - coffee and pastries. No one has any reason to believe they won't treat this in the same fashion that went over so well at DCA. Why would they look at the positive feedback from DCA's Starbucks location and think, 'This worked out so well we're going to go in a wildly different direction.'

Watch - in February/March these same people complaining will praise the way the change was handled.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #444
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

Watch - in February/March these same people complaining will praise the way the change was handled.
I'll be ready
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #445
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

Reopening into something new is not the same as introduction of new product in current place. They are clear it reopens into SB location, not that SB product are being added to MSB, infact not all selections from MSB will survive. Indication of new place theme and costume is clear indication of old theme not to be present anymore. Otherwise they would just mention no change to MSB, don't you think. How far it will be from present MSB nobody knows but it clear MSB wil not exist in its present form. And it is not end of the world, just a fact that many people want to close eyes on for a promise of better coffee.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #446
MikeinBoston
Stockholder

I wonder how much Starbucks paid Disney for this latest "addition"???

Port Orleans French Quarter- 2015
Port Orleans French Quarter- 2013
Port Orleans Riverside- 2009
Saratoga Springs- 2007
MikeinBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #447
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Reopening into something new is not the same as introduction of new product in current place. They are clear it reopens into SB location, not that SB product are being added to MSB, infact not all selections from MSB will survive. Indication of new place theme and costume is clear indication of old theme not to be present anymore. Otherwise they would just mention no change to MSB, don't you think. How far it will be from present MSB nobody knows but it clear MSB wil not exist in its present form. And it is not end of the world, just a fact that many people want to close eyes on for a promise of better coffee.
Why would they mention no change at all when there will be a change? MSB will not exist in its present form, you are correct in that. It will co-exist with Starbucks and the two will be intermingled together in whatever harmony Disney feels is the best.

What's the harm in the treats from MSB with the signature coffees of Starbucks? If you think Starbucks would agree to Disney using their products without some mention of it in an article or minor branding you're kidding yourself.

MSB treats can be gotten in other sections of the world - you have no reason to assume MSB exclusive treats will not remain.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #448
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I'll be ready
You get a for the comment and a for the username.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #449
njmeisje
Mouseketeer

My husband and I must be the only people who go into the MSB for coffee. I'm really looking forward to a good cup of SB coffee there.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #450
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought this was a good read What was that Josh? MSB isn't going anywhere?!?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: