Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #421
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

So you did not read it, right.
i've read it many times. it does not say "own menu" nor does it comment on what the theming changes will be, if any.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #422
mxfourlife262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
How? Read the article, they say they will reopen into SB location with its own menu, themed to surroundings with Disney favorites (we do not know which ones) still offered. How this can be first scenario? What exactly left of MSB? Location and some offerings, that is it.
Main Street Bakery is not original anyway, the only thing that is unique is the theming....which is staying. This is like getting upset over MouseGear going away stating that you'll never be able to buy those clothes anywhere again.

I love Disney, but there are very few proprietary products there anymore.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #423
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

So, basically this going to be like the Karamell-Küche caramel shop in Epcot sponsored by Stork/Werther's Original Caramels?

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #424
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
i've read it many times. it does not say "own menu" nor does it comment on what the theming changes will be, if any.
Read again then, at some point you will see what you are missing.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #425
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

Read again then, at some point you will see what you are missing.
i just read it again. can you kindly quote the part that you are referring to? especially that part that says the MSB theming is going away?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #426
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
So, basically this going to be like the Karamell-Küche caramel shop in Epcot sponsored by Stork/Werther's Original Caramels?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #427
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

I was originally upset because i thought it was going to be a Starbucks. The only time we actually go into msb is while waiting for a parade, we go in and grab a slice of cake. So as long as the theme remains the same i welcome it. I am not a coffee drinker so it doesn't matter to me what coffee they sell. I am guessing this will be like all the other places that sell Starbucks coffee. I know at my daughter's university the library sells Starbucks but she cant use a gift card there so I'm guessing it will be the same here. The library doesn't have one of the neon Starbucks signs that i was worried about so im sure msb wont either.
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #428
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Blog Guy

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
And then his answers to comments:

Quote:

Hi Amy, yes there will be a selection of Disney favorites that you’ve enjoyed at the bakery over the years.
Quote:

The menu has not been finalized but there will be favorites available. Thanks for the comment, Megan. Please keep an eye on the Blog for updates.
Quote:

Hi Emily, there will indeed be Disney items to choose from. We’ll try to get menu details posted here on the Blog when available.
Quote:

Hi Aimee, all of the treats at Main Street Bakery will not be replaced. There will still be a selection of your favorites to choose from.
Quote:

You’ll still be able to order some of your favorites at the location, Mary. The final menu has not been set yet.
Quote:

Thanks for the comment, Greg. I’ve always loved the sights and smells of Main Street, U.S.A., too. We’ll be sharing more details, but count on seeing some Disney favorites on the menu.
Quote:

Hi Barry, the menu is still being finalized. We’ll try to share the menu items here on the blog as soon as they are available.

I think the cinnamon rolls are safe
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #429
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I just went back and read the Disney Blog again. It states," At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and will reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer." I think it means the MSB will still be there, just that it will be the only location that sells Starbucks coffee.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #430
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
i just read it again. can you kindly quote the part that you are referring to? especially that part that says the MSB theming is going away?

Here, it does not look like quote, I have no idea how to do it but it is from original article. I even bolded parts indicating change. Notice, "will be designed" indicating change as MSB is designed already. Notice, CM costumes do not indicate present MSB costumes but something that will go with a theme. And of course I bolded part where they say it MSB will reopen into SB location. They do not refer to it as MSB anymore, it is SB location. I am sure you saw this before and I do not see the need for me to post it but just because, I did. Feel free to interpret what is written in black and white anyway you like. If you refuse to see, you refuse to see it. That is it.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.
Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO

Last edited by KellyNY; 11-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #431
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
I was going to bring that up, but I've been around here long enough to know it won't make any difference with anyone.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #432
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Here, it does not look like quote, I have no idea how to do it but it is from original article. I even bolded parts indicating change. Notice, "will be designed" indicating change as MSB is designed already. Notice, CM costumes do not indicate present MSB costumes but something that will go with a theme. And of course I bolded part where they say it MSB will reopen into SB location. They do not refer to it as MSB anymore, it is SB location. I am sure you saw this before and I do not see the need for me to post it but just because, I did. Feel free to interpret what is written in black and white anyway you like. If you refuse to see, you refuse to see it. That is it.

The key words you haven't bolded are

Quote:

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and
If MSB was going completely it would have said "will close and a Starbucks location will open in its place in 2013" there would be no reference to refurbishment.

Thats my take.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #433
720L
DIS Veteran

At DCL, I wouldn't have known it was a Starbucks, I had to ask where the new Starbucks was! I only knew one was going to be there from being on the DIS.
(1988&1992ffsite) (1995:Dixie Landings) (1998: ASM) (2001:Disneyland) (2002:ASM) (2003 & 2004:Disneyland) (2005: POP) (2006: AKL & POP) (2007:POP,BC,CR) (2008: POP,AKL,CSR,ASMU,AKL) (2009: CSR ,POP,POLY,GF) (2010: DISNEYLAND DLH in June/ POP & BC in July/ POFQ for Thanksgiving) (April 1-8, 2011 AKL)(June 2011 POFQ)(October 13-16, 2011 Boardwalk) (June 2012 Disneyland/Carsland opening day!) (July 22, 2012-August 3, 2012 Disneyworld CSR & BC)(Christmas 2012 AOA)(:Spring Break April 2013 POP) (June 2013 AKL)(Thanksgiving 2013 Nov. 21-24 POP)(AKL!! June 2014)
720L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #434
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

OK, so what if it opens as a Starbucks. It will still be owned by Disney, it may be manned by CM's (we don't know that for sure but irrelevant IMO), it will be themed to fit the surrounding area, it will offer both SB and old bakery items and the nasty Nescafe will be going away. I can't see any downside to this.

Someone mentioned the caramel shop in Epcot. I didn't see any wailing when that company "took over". Why the fuss over one shop on Main Street that serves bad coffee and pastries brought in from some nameless factory?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #435
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
OK, so what if it opens as a Starbucks. It will still be owned by Disney, it may be manned by CM's (we don't know that for sure but irrelevant IMO), it will be themed to fit the surrounding area, it will offer both SB and old bakery items and the nasty Nescafe will be going away. I can't see any downside to this.

Someone mentioned the caramel shop in Epcot. I didn't see any wailing when that company "took over". Why the fuss over one shop on Main Street that serves bad coffee and pastries brought in from some nameless factory?
But ... but ... but ... its iconic!

So was the Tobacco Shop on Main Street when that closed

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: