Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #406
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
the place at DCA reopened as a SB location and there was no takeover. sorry you are just flat out wrong.
Did it open in DL bakery, keeping bakery theme unchanged, just offering some new items including coffee in addition to bakery items with some sponsorship logos? Or they changed theme completely, creating themed SB with some offerings from bakery? First scenario would be sponsorship, second is a take over. Sorry you do not want to see it. And yes I am glad to see new items as well but I am not blinded by that to see it as it is.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #407
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

The DCA location is not even called Starbucks - any more than the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in MK is called Edy's. Why wouldn't MSB retain the name?

Plus a point of information: Disney won't simply serve SB coffee because that's not the nature of the contract. At Barnes and Noble, for example, the signage all says "Proudly serving Starbucks coffee." Same at DTD Hilton and other establishments. Their contract is to serve SB and they are not under direct control of SB corporate. They can have their contract nullified at any point if they're not following strict usage of the logo, ingredients, etc.

This deal with Disney seems to be a hybrid of direct ownership and SB food service contracts. By placing the Starbucks name on the place SB has been assured quality control over its products. But Disney retains discretion as far as design of the establishments, other products offered and so forth (You'll find Dasani and Nesquick at DCA's location, for example - not Ethos water of Horizon chocolate milk, in addition to the Disney pastries).

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #408
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Did it open in DL bakery, keeping bakery theme unchanged, just offering some new items including coffee in addition to bakery items with some sponsorship logos? Or they changed theme completely, creating themed SB with some offerings from bakery? First scenario would be sponsorship, second is a take over. Sorry you do not want to see it. And yes I am glad to see new items as well but I am not blinded by that to see it as it is.
Neither.

1) FFP opened as part of the revamped Buena Vista Street in June at DCA. And again, I will repeat, it is not Starbucks, it's the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe. Check a guidemap. I can't use my SB rewards there, but I can use a Disney AP discount. So how is that SB taking over?

2) DL's MS bakery (called Blue Ribbon Bakery) was completely shut down last year and was replaced with a completely new location, Jolly Holiday Bakery. No wailing or gnashing of teeth there.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #409
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfourlife262

It's not like Starbucks bought the Main Street Bakery and put their own brand there. You don't take over what's already yours, Disney brought them in. You are making this sound like a hostile takeover situation. There is nothing sold in the Main Street Bakery that you can't get elsewhere, if it reopened as a full-fledged Starbucks location, no disney product anywhere, you still wouldn't be missing out on any goodies they served there.

Everybody is romanticizing the Main Street Bakery, it's not that good, Starbucks will be a very welcome addition, both for coffee and baked goods.
not sure why you are quoting me in this post. i agree with you completely.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #410
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

it will be much more like the first scenario, obviously.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #411
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I'm looking forward to having Starbucks in the park. I have worked for SBUX for 7 years, and have developed quite the habit. lol The SBUX in Disney are operated strictly by Disney. I can't get my partner discount there nor could I transfer there as an employee. Basically, like others have mentioned, Disney is paying Starbucks for limited use of the brand in the parks. I think it will work out fine. People just need to have an open mind. -Amanda
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #412
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaBi View Post
I hope it's at least not till late January. We will be there Jan 4 to 11. Have to get in one last Main Street Bakery breakfast.
We'll be there Dec. 28th-Jan. 5th. At least I'll get a few last minute visits before the transformation. I hope this is just adding Starbucks to what is there. Starbucks isn't known for their great baked goods selection.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #413
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice

We'll be there Dec. 28th-Jan. 5th. At least I'll get a few last minute visits before the transformation. I hope this is just adding Starbucks to what is there. Starbucks isn't know for their great baked goods selection.
that may be true but their baked goods are way better than the stuff currently at MSB.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #414
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Mickey, I agree...I don't think our pastries are very good. BUt at the one in DCA they have a few SBUX selections and the rest Disney pastries
Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #415
mxfourlife262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
not sure why you are quoting me in this post. i agree with you completely.
sorry lol....meant to quote KellyNY. Original post fixed.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #416
nicholsbears
Earning My Ears

Unbelievable !!

I love the Main Street Bakery. We always get a few of their choc. chip cookies to take home. What is Disney thinking? You can go to a Starbucks on almost any street in America; but there is only one Main Street Bakery.
nicholsbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #417
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsbears
I love the Main Street Bakery. We always get a few of their choc. chip cookies to take home. What is Disney thinking? You can go to a Starbucks on almost any street in America; but there is only one Main Street Bakery.
and it will continue to be the case. except you won't have to drink nescafe there.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #418
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it will be much more like the first scenario, obviously.
How? Read the article, they say they will reopen into SB location with its own menu, themed to surroundings with Disney favorites (we do not know which ones) still offered. How this can be first scenario? What exactly left of MSB? Location and some offerings, that is it.

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #419
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

How? Read the article, they say they will reopen into SB location with its own menu, themed to surroundings with Disney favorites (we do not know which ones) still offered. How this can be first scenario? What exactly left of MSB? Location and some offerings, that is it.
you are making stuff up.

1) the original article does not use the words "own menu"
2) it does not say how much, if at all, the MSB theming will change
3) the original article, which seems to be some sort of gospel to you, has been clarified to specifically state that the MSB "isn't going anywhere"
Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #420
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
you are making stuff up.

1) the original article does not use the words "own menu"
2) it does not say how much, if at all, the MSB theming will change
3) the original article, which seems to be some sort of gospel to you, has been clarified to specifically state that the MSB "isn't going anywhere"
So you did not read it, right.

HO HO HO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: