Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #391
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

Blinded by the fact that it is take over and not sponsorship and we will not have MSB anymore but themed SB instead and it has nothing to do with coffee or cinnamon rolls, love it or hate it.
where are you getting this? you are making it up in an effort to be more hysterical. the press release does not say this and, in fact, on the blog they have stated the opposite. and the one example we have in DCA is the opposite. so obtuse. i think it must be intentional.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #392
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
When Josh from EasyWDW and Tom from Disney Tourist Blog both agree on something, I think it's well past the time for the "up in arms" people to take a deep breath and cogently read these posts.

************************************starbucks-main-street-bakery-disney-world/

- It's not a "Starbucks location"
- They are not Starbucks employees
- You finally get a good cup of coffee
- You get Starbucks food you may (or may not) like
- You get Disney food you may (or may not) like
- You get Disney theme and name on the marquee

Josh said it best. Disney mishandled the obvious complaints.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #393
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo

When Josh from EasyWDW and Tom from Disney Tourist Blog both agree on something, I think it's well past the time for the "up in arms" people to take a deep breath and cogently read these posts.

************************************starbucks-main-street-bakery-disney-world/

- It's not a "Starbucks location"
- They are not Starbucks employees
- You finally get a good cup of coffee
- You get Starbucks food you may (or may not) like
- You get Disney food you may (or may not) like
- You get Disney theme and name on the marquee

Josh said it best. Disney mishandled the obvious complaints.
good post, but it won't help. a bunch of people here just hear starbucks and immediately are thrown into hysterics. insisting that it is a "takeover." it's really hilarious but also sad that people are so clueless.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #394
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Or blinded by a promise of a good cup of coffee.
Are you saying that Nescafe coffee is better than Starbucks?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #395
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
where are you getting this? you are making it up in an effort to be more hysterical. the press release does not say this and, in fact, on the blog they have stated the opposite. and the one example we have in DCA is the opposite. so obtuse. i think it must be intentional.
It is clear you are happy not to see cinnamon rolls and see some other food which is exactly what I mean by being blinded by a promise of coffee or whatever you want to see there. Read article again, it is pretty clear, if only you can stop thinking of promise for a moment.

And just because you call me hysterical or obtuse does not mean I am, only shows your lack of ability to discuss it calmly on adults level, so sad.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #396
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is clear you are happy not to see cinnamon rolls and see some other food which is exactly what I mean by being blinded by a promise of coffee or whatever you want to see there. Read article again, it is pretty clear, if only you can stop thinking of promise for a moment.

And just because you call me hysterical or obtuse does not mean I am, only shows your lack of ability to discuss it calmly on adults level, so sad.
i personally would not miss the cinnamon rolls. however, i'm extremely confident that they will still be available after the changeover. i just read the article again. it still does not say that the cinnamon rolls are going away nor does it say anything about a takeover. lol.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #397
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For the love of all that is holy, why do you continue to insist that those stupid cinnamon rolls are going away? Show me the concrete evidence you clearly have.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #398
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo View Post
Are you saying that Nescafe coffee is better than Starbucks?
*collective loud gasp from the crowd of onlookers*

Never!
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #399
Goofy_Girl
My Scottish Fold owns me!

I do love Main st Bakery and at first I did let myself start to get upset after reading it will change to a SB location, but I do like SB soy latte's and not all change is necessarily bad so I will wait until it happens and then decide how I feel about it.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #400
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
i personally would not miss the cinnamon rolls. however, i'm extremely confident that they will still be available after the changeover. i just read the article again. it still does not say that the cinnamon rolls are going away nor does it say anything about a takeover. lol.

Reopening as SB location or any other brand is a take over of the brand. And I did not say cinnamon rolls will go, I do not know that, you said you will not miss them if they do, lets not twist my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
For the love of all that is holy, why do you continue to insist that those stupid cinnamon rolls are going away? Show me the concrete evidence you clearly have.
See above.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #401
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Reopening as SB location or any other brand is a take over of the brand. And I did not say cinnamon rolls will go, I do not know that, you said you will not miss them if they do, lets not twist my words.

See above.
the place at DCA reopened as a SB location and there was no takeover. sorry you are just flat out wrong.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #402
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

Can someone please point me to where is says, in writing, the words that the cinnamon buns, and other popular food items will be gone as a result of this change? Go ahead, I'll wait.

You know what they say about assuming......

I've also heard that a steaming plate of crow pairs well with a triple grande white mocha latte.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #403
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
Oh my. That made me laugh!

I have to agree - I said it before, there are some that seem to think the bakery is being torn down and being replaced with an SB that serves nothing but SB goods.
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #404
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Girl View Post
not all change is necessarily bad so I will wait until it happens and then decide how I feel about it.
You are a Dis Rebel!!!!
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #405
mxfourlife262
Mouseketeer

Quote:

It's not like Starbucks bought the Main Street Bakery and put their own brand there. You don't take over what's already yours, Disney brought them in. You are making this sound like a hostile takeover situation. There is nothing sold in the Main Street Bakery that you can't get elsewhere, if it reopened as a full-fledged Starbucks location, no disney product anywhere, you still wouldn't be missing out on any goodies they served there.

Everybody is romanticizing the Main Street Bakery, it's not that good, Starbucks will be a very welcome addition, both for coffee and baked goods.

Last edited by mxfourlife262; 11-11-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong person
mxfourlife262 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: