Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #376
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I never was at DL so I cannot say how different place is now from what they had before and therefore cannot really say if it is more themed SB or MSB with SB offerings. If those pictures are exactly what they open at WDW then it is what article says, themed SB. Does it look to you anything like what we have at WDW? I guess not. It may not look like NYC SB, it is themed but it is not MSB except it is in a same spot.
I have no reason to question official word, even if article is only 5 sentences long and those 5 sentences are pretty clear, no interpretation needed, MSB closing for refurbishing to be open as something else, SB location. Of course anyone is free to speculate their own ideas but it does not negates official info we have.
Clarification:

The DL Starbucks is NOT on Main Street in DL park.

It's on Buena Vista Street in DCA, which represents California in the 1920s. That SB is perfectly themed for DCA. So, no, it would make no sense to have the MK SB look like the DCA one.

The point - which I (and others) have made a few times now - is that the SB will be themed within the Main Street look for MK. And the Fountainview will be themed appropriately to Epcot Future World. And so on.

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #377
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I don't interpret it, it is clear from article, the only official word on it. You cannot really base it on other parks, they are different, example Indiana Jones is a ride at DL but show at WDW.
Which article? The blog from Disney itself? It says, "Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/

Or the blog from April, when the partnership was announced with DCA as the first location:

"The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #378
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I have such mixed feelings about this. I have been waiting for the day when Starbucks announced it's locations in WDW parks, however, the Main St Bakery is one of my favorite places to get a snack in all of WDW. I am thrilled to have my favorite Starbucks options (although I did enjoy the MSB's frozen lattes.) As long as they keep my banana bread pudding on the menu I'll be a happy camper
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #379
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post
Clarification:

The DL Starbucks is NOT on Main Street in DL park.

It's on Buena Vista Street in DCA, which represents California in the 1920s. That SB is perfectly themed for DCA. So, no, it would make no sense to have the MK SB look like the DCA one.

The point - which I (and others) have made a few times now - is that the SB will be themed within the Main Street look for MK. And the Fountainview will be themed appropriately to Epcot Future World. And so on.

I think I need to clarify as well, I have nothing against SB as a company being at Disney and I do not even care if they put a huge logo and it is clear they will theme it according to the surroundings. However, MSB will not exist anymore. Same location will be used for SB, cute and themed with some offerings from what used to be MSB but it will not be MSB anymore. It is a fact.
Is it end of the world as we know it and it is time to cancel trips, nope. However, it is sad to see that they dared to touch icon when they could clearly keep both locations full of customers every day.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #380
Art 1
DIS Veteran

I have never been in a Starbucks, in fact I have never drank coffee. Maybe I should go in and try some and see what all the fuss is about. Coffee seem to dictate the daily lives of so many people. I must be missing out.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #381
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

This thread is HI-larious. I am really hoping that those who are so up in arms over this minor change, decide to stay away, as that just means a shorter line for me to get my Starbucks each, and every time I visit the parks.

The deal is done people, time to move on.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #382
stindall
Congress Tart

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...ficially-over/

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #383
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
I think it is interesting that with all the comments being made about this there isn't one I've seen where someone said that they especially like the Nescafe coffee that Disney currently serves at the bakery.
I think this may be because it has nothing to do with coffee and everything to do with a national chain replacing (as oppposed to sponsoring) a Disney icon.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #384
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
I think this may be because it has nothing to do with coffee and everything to do with a national chain replacing (as oppposed to sponsoring) a Disney icon.
not true, plenty of people have said they don't enjoy the taste of Starbucks coffee.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #385
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
This!

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #386
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie

except that's not what is happening. so amazing that people are so obtuse.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #387
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall

not true, plenty of people have said they don't enjoy the taste of Starbucks coffee.
^ that. True, lots are upset about losing the bakery. But several people said they don't like the coffee.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #388
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
so amazing that people are so obtuse.
Or blinded by a promise of a good cup of coffee.

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #389
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

Or blinded by a promise of a good cup of coffee.
blinded about what? i cannot wait for the new MSB / SB location and I really hope they get rid of the terrible cinnamon rolls and replace them with something decent. i have no doubt that the theming will be great.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #390
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
blinded about what? i cannot wait for the new MSB / SB location and I really hope they get rid of the terrible cinnamon rolls and replace them with something decent. i have no doubt that the theming will be great.
Blinded by the fact that it is take over and not sponsorship and we will not have MSB anymore but themed SB instead and it has nothing to do with coffee or cinnamon rolls, love it or hate it.

HO HO HO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: