Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #361
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
If you take a look at the article they say, refurbishment and opening as SB location. It pretty much means closing of MSB. They use same location, they have same use for this location but they put a new business there. It is like one store closing and another opening in a same building. Same use, different store.
They also say that new location using SB menu with Disney favorites. It does not mean all Disney selection will be offered, just favorites. It is pretty clear that this is not an addition of SB products to MSB, but the other way around, keeping some Disney products at a SB location.
No, it is not clear considering that Disney has precedent for this in DL which is different from what you are envisioning.

The hysterics over this issue are killing me. How about everyone take a deep breath and wait and see. This will be going forward, so there is no use in freaking out.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #362
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
If you take a look at the article they say, refurbishment and opening as SB location. It pretty much means closing of MSB. They use same location, they have same use for this location but they put a new business there. It is like one store closing and another opening in a same building. Same use, different store.
They also say that new location using SB menu with Disney favorites. It does not mean all Disney selection will be offered, just favorites. It is pretty clear that this is not an addition of SB products to MSB, but the other way around, keeping some Disney products at a SB location.

You can interpret it that way but I don't (based on what they did at DL). I guess we will need to wait and see.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #363
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
You can interpret it that way but I don't (based on what they did at DL). I guess we will need to wait and see.
I don't interpret it, it is clear from article, the only official word on it. You cannot really base it on other parks, they are different, example Indiana Jones is a ride at DL but show at WDW.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #364
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
I don't interpret it, it is clear from article, the only official word on it. You cannot really base it on other parks, they are different, example Indiana Jones is a ride at DL but show at WDW.
Ya, ok.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #365
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ya, ok.
Sure.

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #366
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
So if the Bakery re-opens looking like the photo in post #168, are you going to say that:
  1. You were wrong;
  2. Your interpretation of the article was wrong; or
  3. The article itself was imprecise?
I really don't think you can take the overly simplified press release as gospel. It wasn't written in anticipation of settling a 30 page debate on the Dis.

Last edited by JimmyV; 11-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #367
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Trying to be the voice of reason here - little children will not die.

Change is very hard for many people to accept easily and/or willingly. But, in the grand scheme of things, changes to the Main Street Bakery are miniscule compared to changes that could be implemented at WDW.

This is not like they are taking down the monorail, or Cinderella's Castle. They are making business minded changes to an eating venue only. The pastries can be found in other venues in the same park, and there will even still be many original pastries and treats sold in the newly refurbished Starbucks sponsored location.

They are introducing a new corporate sponsor, which IMHO certainly helps keep WDW solvent.

If individuals are not happy with the new bakery when it reopens, then don't go there. There are other options within the park, or outside of WDW even. But please keep things in perspective and try to keep an open mind.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #368
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
So if the Bakery re-opens looking like the photo in post #168, are you going to sat that:
  1. You were wrong;
  2. Your interpretation of the article was wrong; or
  3. The article itself was imprecise?
I really don't think you can take the overly simplified press release as gospel. It wasn't written in anticipation of settling a 30 page debate on the Dis.
I never was at DL so I cannot say how different place is now from what they had before and therefore cannot really say if it is more themed SB or MSB with SB offerings. If those pictures are exactly what they open at WDW then it is what article says, themed SB. Does it look to you anything like what we have at WDW? I guess not. It may not look like NYC SB, it is themed but it is not MSB except it is in a same spot.
I have no reason to question official word, even if article is only 5 sentences long and those 5 sentences are pretty clear, no interpretation needed, MSB closing for refurbishing to be open as something else, SB location. Of course anyone is free to speculate their own ideas but it does not negates official info we have.

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #369
Princess-ish
Earning My Ears

The actual "Main Street Bakery" title isn't going anywhere... for those that are assuming that "Starbucks Coffee" will replace MSB in terms of title and signage... you're far off base

Now... for those that are fearing the loss of their beloved cinnamon rolls, ice cream sandwiches, and other MSB specific items... I can understand your concern and hope that Disney continues to offer those items throughout the park. I know it certainly doesn't make it "ok"... but it does appear that Disney is at least "trying" to accommodate i.e. offering the cinnamon rolls and chocolate croissants at Gaston's Tavern as well as the ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow.

For those arguing the introducing of "outside" brands into the park is un-Walt like, disappointing, and so against Disney traditions...seriously? How often do you see 20oz bottles of Coke, Diet Coke, Dasani, or Sprite lining stroller cup holders, pockets, or if you're like me... displayed from a sweet, shoulder souvenir strap that looked way cooler on display than actually on you? What about Club Cool at Epcot... home to the infamous Beverly taste testing? Frozen Coke anyone?

So can someone tell me what the difference is between a 20oz Coke bottle and a Venti Starbucks cup that at least features the Disney Parks logo? Clearly I'm missing something here. For those that feel that need to argue the "appearance" on Main Street... I again remind you... NOTHING is changing in regards to exterior name and design. No neon "STARBUCKS COFFEE" heading... though perhaps a slight engraving similar to DCA's... which will most likely go unnoticeable by most guests.

The MSB is closing for a roughly 6mo rehab... whether or not this was to introduce Starbucks branding... one should be more interested in the idea of the space being better suited to handle crowds and lines. If Disney's working to provide me a better product (such as Starbucks coffee over NesCafe) in a more crowd suitable atmosphere... while preserving the nostalgia of the Main Street Bakery... I support that.

Honestly... this just seems so "small" to me. Disney World has far bigger, more impacting plans in their near future. DHS and AK show closings, potential Avatar additions, DHS expansions, etc... and THIS is 25 pages long?
Princess-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #370
RayaniFoxmur
Don't try to make me sell any more sausage. I won't do it!
I love not being the only crazy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

I never was at DL so I cannot say how different place is now from what they had before and therefore cannot really say if it is more themed SB or MSB with SB offerings. If those pictures are exactly what they open at WDW then it is what article says, themed SB. Does it look to you anything like what we have at WDW? I guess not. It may not look like NYC SB, it is themed but it is not MSB except it is in a same spot.
I have no reason to question official word, even if article is only 5 sentences long and those 5 sentences are pretty clear, no interpretation needed, MSB closing for refurbishing to be open as something else, SB location. Of course anyone is free to speculate their own ideas but it does not negates official info we have.
I don't think I have ever seen someone take Disney's word as so black and white before.

1992 - Poly * 1993 - Poly * 2006/2007 - POFQ NYE! Engaged at Epcot! * March 2007 - Poly * September 2007 - AKL * October 2007 - Our Disney Honeymoon! Grand Floridian, Disney Magic, and POFQ! * March 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 to January 2013 - Living across the street! * September 2010 - Offsite * October 2011 - POFQ * September 2015 - AoA
RayaniFoxmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #371
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

So your answer to JimmyV would be that you wouldn't admit you are wrong if it turns out that way.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #372
jvattes
Mouseketeer

I love Starbucks.

But I love MSB more.

Very disappointing to read this MSB is one of our favorite snack stops...
jvattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #373
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So your answer to JimmyV would be that you wouldn't admit you are wrong if it turns out that way.
Nice try, can we not interpret my posts, please. If it turns exactly as DL pictures, article is right and so am I, unless you haven't been at MSB for a long time and do not remember what it looks like.

HO HO HO
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #374
RayaniFoxmur
Don't try to make me sell any more sausage. I won't do it!
I love not being the only crazy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY

Nice try, can we not interpret my posts, please. If it turns exactly as DL pictures, article is right and so am I, unless you haven't been at MSB for a long time and do not remember what it looks like.
But it won't look exactly like the DL pictures. The reason that particular location looks the way it does is because it's themed to THAT area. The blog post even said that they will be appropriately themed to their areas so I'm a little lost as to how people are thinking this is going to look like your normal friendly neighborhood Starbucks when Disney has even SAID that it won't.

1992 - Poly * 1993 - Poly * 2006/2007 - POFQ NYE! Engaged at Epcot! * March 2007 - Poly * September 2007 - AKL * October 2007 - Our Disney Honeymoon! Grand Floridian, Disney Magic, and POFQ! * March 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 to January 2013 - Living across the street! * September 2010 - Offsite * October 2011 - POFQ * September 2015 - AoA
RayaniFoxmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #375
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

I don't get why people are up in arms over the cinnamon rolls. Yes they are huge but to me they are too sweet. My mom makes better cinnamon rolls.

I have a feeling that the interior will look very similar to before. The CMs will still be wearing turn of the century inspired costumes and they will still be Disney CMs.

Lets save the histrionics till they unveal the finished area and menu.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: