Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #346
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The Fry Cart in Adventure Land used to be McDonalds. They have done that already.
zoom
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #347
goofy Jr. 88
Mouseketeer

After reading Josh, Disney Blog, the DIS article and this thread it is still not clear what the "select" Disney treats will be.

Can someone give a breakdown of the selection of baked goods out in Disney Ca as far as what is a Starbucks baked good and what is a traditional Disney baked good?
Our family does enjoy Starbucks, so I am not Starbucks bashing.
We just enjoy the MSB as well.

Can't wait for Josh to do a review in the Summer.

DISdad # 383
goofy Jr. 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #348
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Just go look at the pictures of what they did at DL. There isn't a huge Starbucks sign or look to the place. Why would they do something different at DW.
Quote:
They won't go look or WDW won't do it any differently? Never mind, both are probably true.
Actually, I'm well aware of what they did at DL. And if you read my post, I wasn't referring to signage. All articles make it sound like MSB will cease to exist and Starbuck's will come in - meaning the pastries MSB offers will turn into Starbuck's ones, etc. I am only basing it on what the articles say - you and I don't know what is true and what isn't, so you don't know how much they will keep it like DL just like I don't know how true the articles are.

Either way, I'm sure the signage will be subtle so thats irrelevant.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #349
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

I think it is interesting that with all the comments being made about this there isn't one I've seen where someone said that they especially like the Nescafe coffee that Disney currently serves at the bakery.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #350
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Thanks Dan for the link!

I am a little confused(not unusual!).

When easywdw says that ""Main Street Bakery" isn't going anywhere",are they saying the NAME will stay the same and it will not be called Starbucks?

Disney Parks Blog "seems" to indicate the name "Main Street Bakery" is going away OR will it be "Main Street Bakery-Sponsored By Starbucks"?

Thanks!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #351
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy Jr. 88 View Post
After reading Josh, Disney Blog, the DIS article and this thread it is still not clear what the "select" Disney treats will be.

Can someone give a breakdown of the selection of baked goods out in Disney Ca as far as what is a Starbucks baked good and what is a traditional Disney baked good?

Here's a picture. The top 2 shelves are traditional Starbucks, next 2 are Disney, bottom is sandwiches and pastries.

http://www.disunplugged.com/wp-conte...35-600x450.jpg
Old 11-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #352
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I disagree about the article making it sound like MSB will be closing for good. The exact wording of the statement is that it's closing for a refurbishment not closing for good. Fountain View at EPCOT is more ot less guaranteed to be closing as there is no mention of a refurb at this location.

Test Track has been closed for Refurb however it's about to reopen with some changes but it's still Test Track.... I see no difference here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Actually, I'm well aware of what they did at DL. And if you read my post, I wasn't referring to signage. All articles make it sound like MSB will cease to exist and Starbuck's will come in - meaning the pastries MSB offers will turn into Starbuck's ones, etc. I am only basing it on what the articles say - you and I don't know what is true and what isn't, so you don't know how much they will keep it like DL just like I don't know how true the articles are.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #353
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Here's a picture. The top 2 shelves are traditional Starbucks, next 2 are Disney, bottom is sandwiches and pastries.

http://www.disunplugged.com/wp-conte...35-600x450.jpg
The DCA location has more food items on offer that MSB has ever had. At least when we have been to MSB.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #354
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They won't go look or WDW won't do it any differently? Never mind, both are probably true.
Both. The DCA location has been brought up almost in every page, we have posted pictures, the actual wording of the announcement (refurbishment instead of closing) but people still are still complaining about the same thing over and over again.

The same people who gushes about Disney and its team of Imagineers being able to build Fantasyland and really making it look like a story book place are complaining MSUSA will be dis-characterized with Starbucks' huge neon signs.

Last edited by LucyBC80; 11-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.
LucyBC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #355
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

To all complaining about theming, please take a look from page 2 to 24 of this link: http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.co...8450&k=zWJpDjQ

And all the offering of the FF&P Cafe:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/

I might start to post this at the top of all pages...
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #356
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Looks great Lucy. Thanks for posting that.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #357
stitchgal
Mouseketeer

I am really hoping it will be similar to what DCA did; I have no problems with that. The one tiny reservation I have is that, in my opinion, food is done so much better at the California parks and the MK is not up to that quality so I wonder about the Main Street bakery treats that will remain at the MK. The ones we know and love they say and i hoping this doesn't mean the rice krispie treats you can get anywhere.
1987, 1990, 1992-offsite Dec 1998 All Star Sports Dec 1999 Contemporary Dec 2000 Dixie Landings Mar 2001 All Star Music May 2002 Coronado Springs Nov 2004 Wilderness Lodge Aug 2006 Port Orleans RiversideDec 2006 Polynesian Aug 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter Aug 2008 Saratoga Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter August 2009 Old Key West/Treehouse Villas November 2009 Bay Lake Tower August 2010 Treehouse Villas/Beach Club Villas January 2012 Treehouse VillasThanksgiving 2012 Treehouse Villas

DL
Jun 2000 Disneyland Hotel Oct 2002 Dec 2002 May 2006 Grand Californian June 2008 Grand Californian August 2011 Grand Californian November 2011 March 2013 Grand California

Disney Magic 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise October 2010
stitchgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #358
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy Jr. 88 View Post

The menus online simply refer to a "variety" of pastries a la carte. This is a pretty good image of the case at DCA:

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #359
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post

I think if you read through some of the posts just above this one you will see that there will be plenty of Disney treats and the articles don't say "closing" they say "refurbishment".
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Last edited by declansdad; 11-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.
declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #360
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think if you read through some of the posts just above this one you will see that there will be plenty of Disney treats and the articles don't say "closing" they say "refurbushment".
If you take a look at the article they say, refurbishment and opening as SB location. It pretty much means closing of MSB. They use same location, they have same use for this location but they put a new business there. It is like one store closing and another opening in a same building. Same use, different store.
They also say that new location using SB menu with Disney favorites. It does not mean all Disney selection will be offered, just favorites. It is pretty clear that this is not an addition of SB products to MSB, but the other way around, keeping some Disney products at a SB location.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: