Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #256
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

What a funny thread, thanks for the laughs everyone

How many threads have there been complaining about the coffee at WDW? When they make a change people still complain. Cancelling trips, worrying about a Starbucks sign obscuring the Castle - come on people, that's just carazy talk.

Walt being upset; that one makes me laugfh every time someone uses to complain about a change.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #257
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I do not support hysteria of canceling trips and I do see Disney as business but why not to place SB somewhere else. Why did they have to mess with icon, I do not get it. Place it somewhere else in parks and put a huge SB sign, I would not care, but MSB, no way. There are plenty of empty spots in parks, why not to use them. I see it as a poor decision.
I'm not even saying I disagree about the location selection. Mine, however, is more about trying to direct "traffic" flow into two areas for morning coffee and breakfast spots.

However this is the location they have chosen and at the end of the say I'm going to be thrilled to stand in MK, watching the parade with a Frap or Latte in my hand. That nescafe coffee was the absolute worst coffee I've ever had!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #258
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I'm not even saying I disagree about the location selection. Mine, however, is more about trying to direct "traffic" flow into two areas for morning coffee and breakfast spots.

However this is the location they have chosen and at the end of the say I'm going to be thrilled to stand in MK, watching the parade with a Frap or Latte in my hand. That nescafe coffee was the absolute worst coffee I've ever had!
Our family is convinced that the Nescafe "coffee" is actually the dirty dishwater from the dishwashers in the World recycled
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #259
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was thinking about morning coffee. I wonder how many people will actually stop in a morning there. Usually people run to get FPs. Wouldn't it be more logical to bring it to resorts.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #260
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Seems like the Bakery has had some sponsorship.

ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #261
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Our family is convinced that the Nescafe "coffee" is actually the dirty dishwater from the dishwashers in the World recycled
Isn't it?

The first time I had this at a character meal, I actually asked for a new pot, thinking something MUST be wrong with the one they gave me..... there wasn't. It was just THAT bad everywhere!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #262
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Seems like the Bakery has had some sponsorship.

Nice! Close Main St Bakery! It has a sponsor! Nestle have NO right being on my beloved Main St! How dare they!

Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #263
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a funny thread, thanks for the laughs everyone

How many threads have there been complaining about the coffee at WDW? When they make a change people still complain. Cancelling trips, worrying about a Starbucks sign obscuring the Castle - come on people, that's just carazy talk.

Walt being upset; that one makes me laugfh every time someone uses to complain about a change.
Thats the thing about the DISboards* and other fan-based Disney forums - I often wonder if the complaining is in some way like fluffing feathers *I'm a bigger fan than you so I recognise a bad decision more than you do* if you get what I mean

* I don't mean everyone on the DISboards
Old 11-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #264
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

How about this:

Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #265
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Isn't it?

The first time I had this at a character meal, I actually asked for a new pot, thinking something MUST be wrong with the one they gave me..... there wasn't. It was just THAT bad everywhere!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #266
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Or this one:

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #267
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or this one:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I forgot about this one!

Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #268
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I was thinking about morning coffee. I wonder how many people will actually stop in a morning there. Usually people run to get FPs. Wouldn't it be more logical to bring it to resorts.
People on these boards run to get FPs. Many other people actually do stop in the bakery in the morning. Not everyone sets out to do the Magic Kingdom death march and quite a few would appreciate a Starbucks first thing.

Additionally, there are many people who would like to get a coffee while waiting on Main Street for the parade. And then there are those who would like one at the end of the day on the way out.

Disney does not make these decisions in a vacuum. They actually consider all aspects of where certain vendors should be located to maximize profit. This is no exception.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #269
biondagirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy
Somehow I don't think Walt Disney would ever have approved the decision to replace a beloved shop like Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks.
Walt was all about change. He never wanted to remain the same. At least that's what I recall from "one man's dream".

Most things in WDW are sponsored by another company. Even Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain, etc. Outrage about Starbucks is ridiculous. Every change that has been made over the years has remained consistent with the area it's placed in. I'm sure this is no exception.

We're huge Starbucks fans and cannot wait. If we weren't, I wouldn't be bothered by it.

biondagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #270
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

I'm not into Starbucks, don't like their coffee, and am sad the bakery is going. I don't mind change if its good but this isn't. .
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: