Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #241
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
You haven't heard?

Apparently, Disney is not only replacing MSB with a Starbucks, but they're also converting the Emporium into a Disney Store (like the ones in the mall), turning Casey's into a McDonald's, replacing Tony's with an Olive Garden, rebranding the Plaza Ice Cream Shop as a Ben & Jerry's, and turning the Confectionary into a Dylan's Candy Bar. It's all part of NextGen.
Wow, seriously?!? Somebody better have a waaaaaaaaambulance on stand-by at the DISboards then to deal with the outrage!

WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #242
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
THIS! GMAB people...do some of you hear yourselves? Its a bakery. They are not stripping down Cinderella's Castle to build a Starbucks... and if you're not happy quit your whining on here and cancel your trip - be melodramatic by all means...at least then there will be less of a line up for me to grab a tea in the morning as I stroll down Main St USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Ex-squeeze me? Translation please :

Other than that, fully agree
Give Me A Break. And I also agree.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #243
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Give Me A Break. And I also agree.
Oh, I won't find that one on the DISboards acronyms sticky then. HA!

Thanks
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #244
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

The coffee and pastry items offered by Starbucks are better than any offered at MSB (the ONE good thing I ever had at MSB was the cookie sandwich, which is offered in multiple other locations) and the atmosphere won't change that drastically, especially if they're even making sure the employee costumes fit the location. So I don't have a problem with this at all.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #245
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
Could someone really tech savy start an online petition or write a really good letter everyone could copy/paste into an email and send it to Disney. I would sign/do that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113 View Post
I saw on FB that someone started a petition on *********** , but I can't find it??
Hail Mary!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Yeah I'd sign too! Keeping fingers crossed it is a smooth transistion and they keep the bakery stuff and just serve Starbucks coffee
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
I really hate to burst your bubbles, but a petition will do absolutely nothing to change Disney's mind. At this point construction plans have already been drawn up and contracts have been signed. Unfortunately it's a done deal.

While I'm sad to hear they are replacing MSB, you have to remember that WDW is a business and a Starbucks is very profitable for them - especially when they've been hearing so many complaints about the terrible Nescafe coffee for years.

Last edited by Cdn Friends of Pooh; 11-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #246
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
You haven't heard?

Apparently, Disney is not only replacing MSB with a Starbucks, but they're also converting the Emporium into a Disney Store (like the ones in the mall), turning Casey's into a McDonald's, replacing Tony's with an Olive Garden, rebranding the Plaza Ice Cream Shop as a Ben & Jerry's, and turning the Confectionary into a Dylan's Candy Bar. It's all part of NextGen.
Some of that would actually be an improvement.

Actually, Main Street has already been homogenized and changed like crazy. Gone are the games and magic shop and theater and some of the other things that made it so unique. It's really mostly just one big Disney Store now.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #247
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw
Could someone really tech savy start an online petition or write a really good letter everyone could copy/paste into an email and send it to Disney. I would sign/do that!!
A petition will be a fruitless effort. It didn't save VMK, it didn't save the Adventure Club, it didn't save countless attractions and it is not going to keep this Starbucks from being added. The wheels are in motion, contracts have been signed, blueprints are drawn up and hands have been shook.

I am sure Disney appreciates the passion their fans and guests have, but in the end, as we have seen time and time again, it is about money.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #248
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Just add this to the list of things that people complain about, but praise after it opens and they realize it wasn't that bad
Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #249
livie1205
DIS Veteran

Well I am THRILLED that I can get a decent coffie while at wdw if everyone hates the idea so much that just means I wont have to wait in a hour long line for my white mocha! I use to get up early each morning to drive to starbucks at the outlet for our coffie before going to the parks so now I can sleep in a extra few minutes.
livie1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #250
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

I only hope that the folks protesting so loudly on this thread about Starbucks on Main Street patronize the local bakery businesses in their home towns, cities, & villages.

I am talking about "real" bakeries, and not purchasing baked products in grocery stores, big box stores, etc. After all, the small family businesses are the "authentic" bakery stores and should be helped economically so they are able to stay in business.

Let's not make this a "do as I say and not as I do" type of issue. Make sure you are spending your dollars in your local bakeries and not in chain store imitation bakeries.

disclaimer: this was intended to address the cinnamon roll, croissant, and other pastry issue being discussed. Coffee shops featuring coffee drinks as their primary offering are not meant to be included.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #251
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Just add this to the list of things that people complain about, but praise after it opens and they realize it wasn't that bad
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Pretty soon, people will be singing the praises of this place on the Restaurant board the way they praise 'Ohana and Dole Whips. We will see phrases like: "best I've ever had"; "greatest"; and "must do" . And ten years from now when the contract isn't renewed and Dunkin' Donuts starts supplying the coffee, there will be a new thread just like this one with people lamenting the passage of the old and fearing the new.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #252
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by livie1205 View Post
Well I am THRILLED that I can get a decent coffie while at wdw if everyone hates the idea so much that just means I wont have to wait in a hour long line for my white mocha! I use to get up early each morning to drive to starbucks at the outlet for our coffie before going to the parks so now I can sleep in a extra few minutes.
I will be right there with you livie1205, except make mine a grande 5 pump cinnamon dolce latte!!! Welcome to Disney, Starbucks!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #253
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post

Probably in the minority here... but having experienced the "Starbucks" at DCA I am looking forward to being able to get SB on Main Street. At DCA they do not even refer to the place as Starbucks - it's the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe (named for the three pigs). Believe me, people looking for Starbucks have a hard time finding it because it's so subtle. Also, the CMs are not in Starbucks aprons - they're in costume, albeit I think they are a light green. And they have all the traditional DL pastries - way more offerings than a typical SB. So I think people need to relax - no one has said they're taking away the Main Street pastries... just adding to the offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Are you sure. this story said the main street bakery will close for refurbishment and reopen as a Starbucks. That says to me that it will be more like my corner starbucks than Main street bakery.

I'm just a gal that likes unique items a places. I've only been in starbucks on the East coast and the one in jersey is exactly like the one in Philly.

The Starbucks at MK and EPCOT will look nothing like outside Starbucks. If you google photos of the DCA location, you will clearly see how well it is themed.
I can't believe the hysteria Starbucks has managed to create. People are cancelling trips, claiming Disney only cares about profit (they are a business, otherwise entry would be free!)

Disney is a business, first and formost. They actually are listening to patrons who have been complaining about their horrid coffee for years and years!

To all the people who are complaining, I hope that when you're in WDW you don't:

Drink Coke Products - sponsored by Coca Cola
Don't eat Ice Cream Sandwiches - Nestle Toll House Cookies
Never bought anything from the McDonald's Stands.
Rode Test Track - sponsored by General Motors
Rode Mission Space - sponsored by Hewlitt Packard
Bought anything from the Camera Shops or used Photopass - Kodak
Used a Guide Map - Clear Kodak advertising on these
Bought a cup of coffee - sponsored by Nestle
Went into the Land Pavilion - has been sponsored by Nestle
Used your Disney VISA - Sponsored by VISA
Bought or visited The Tea Caddy shop at EPCOT - sponsored by R. Twinings & Company Limited
Bought from or visited Weinkeller, in the Germany Pavilion - sponsored by
P.J. Valkenberg
Bought anything or visited Sculpture D'Arte, in the Italy Pavilion - sponsored by Miller Imports (Giuseppe Armani)

And the list goes on................................................ .....

Disney is a business first and foremost. They have corporate sponsors and Starbucks has now been integrated as a presence. I don't think that this is the "end of Disney as we know it" we people seem to think. It's a coffee store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
I just hope there isn't a Starbucks logo sign hanging over Main Street. As long as they theme it to the area and still keep a lot of the baked good you could find at Main Street Bakery, I'll be fine with it.
No, there is no huge Starbucks sign. Check out the DCA location and you will see exactly what it looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
The employees in the DCA Starbucks are from Starbucks, but have Disney name tags. A vast member friend of mine said the same will happen at MK and they will receive Disney cast member training.
I thought they were Disney employees with Starbucks training Either way, they have both

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #254
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I can't wait! The only item I like at the Main Street bakery was the breakfast croissant. I am excited about the new options. I read an article on the Disney Food Blog about the one added to Disneyland. It looks so good. I hope they do as good a job here at the Main Street MK location & the Fountain View location in Epcot.

Here is a copy of the review: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...ith-starbucks/

I am excited!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #255
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

The Starbucks at MK and EPCOT will look nothing like outside Starbucks. If you google photos of the DCA location, you will clearly see how well it is themed.
I can't believe the hysteria Starbucks has managed to create. People are cancelling trips, claiming Disney only cares about profit (they are a business, otherwise entry would be free!)

Disney is a business, first and formost. They actually are listening to patrons who have been complaining about their horrid coffee for years and years!

To all the people who are complaining, I hope that when you're in WDW you don't:

Drink Coke Products - sponsored by Coca Cola
Don't eat Ice Cream Sandwiches - Nestle Toll House Cookies
Never bought anything from the McDonald's Stands.
Rode Test Track - sponsored by General Motors
Rode Mission Space - sponsored by Hewlitt Packard
Bought anything from the Camera Shops or used Photopass - Kodak
Used a Guide Map - Clear Kodak advertising on these
Bought a cup of coffee - sponsored by Nestle
Went into the Land Pavilion - has been sponsored by Nestle
Used your Disney VISA - Sponsored by VISA
Bought or visited The Tea Caddy shop at EPCOT - sponsored by R. Twinings & Company Limited
Bought from or visited Weinkeller, in the Germany Pavilion - sponsored by
P.J. Valkenberg
Bought anything or visited Sculpture D'Arte, in the Italy Pavilion - sponsored by Miller Imports (Giuseppe Armani)

And the list goes on................................................ .....

Disney is a business first and foremost. They have corporate sponsors and Starbucks has now been integrated as a presence. I don't think that this is the "end of Disney as we know it" we people seem to think. It's a coffee store!

No, there is no huge Starbucks sign. Check out the DCA location and you will see exactly what it looks like

I thought they were Disney employees with Starbucks training Either way, they have both

I do not support hysteria of canceling trips and I do see Disney as business but why not to place SB somewhere else. Why did they have to mess with icon, I do not get it. Place it somewhere else in parks and put a huge SB sign, I would not care, but MSB, no way. There are plenty of empty spots in parks, why not to use them. I see it as a poor decision.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: