Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #226
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I just hope there isn't a Starbucks logo sign hanging over Main Street. As long as they theme it to the area and still keep a lot of the baked good you could find at Main Street Bakery, I'll be fine with it.

Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #227
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
People are cancelling their trips because of this? Wow.

I can see being upset a bit. I hate change too. Some of this is over the top though.
It is not that people are cancelling trips because SRbucks is opening in the parks, it is more because for some time Disney has cared less and less about it's 'guests' Nc more Nd more Bout the bottom line. Remember, Starbucks is in the real estate business first and foremost and the MainStreet Bakery is THE prime real estate spot of all of MK. It doesn't matter that guests have enjoyed this iconic shop for decades . The suits simply do not care. Millions of tourists need their coffee, where they want it, when they want it so bottom line is the suits like this and it certainly is a win for Starbucks.

Cinnamon Rolls are sold elsewhere in MK, someone stated the Nestlé Tollhouse Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich is sold at Sleepy Hallow (I hope that is true). Too bad the MK guests will loose he wonderful Frozen Lattes which puts the tasteless Frapps to shame.

There is nothing left on MainStreet to give you that 'I am transported to the magical World of Disney' as you enter the park, leaving the cold reality behind. It's a darn shame.
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #228
RayaniFoxmur
Don't try to make me sell any more sausage. I won't do it!
I love not being the only crazy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie
There is nothing left on MainStreet to give you that 'I am transported to the magical World of Disney' as you enter the park, leaving the cold reality behind. It's a darn shame.
Except you know... all of Main Street?

If ONE change to a store to Main Street is bothering you so much that you can't even enjoy the Confectionary? The Emporium? Crystal Arts? Casey's? How about the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor... well I just feel bad for you.

If you REALLY think Disney hasn't taken into account the fact that its an iconic location then I don't know what to tell you. Obviously your trust in Disney has been destroyed and maybe you should find elsewhere to spend your vacation dollars? I mean, if you can't trust them to keep the theming in a location that has existed for 40 years what else can you not trust them with?

1992 - Poly * 1993 - Poly * 2006/2007 - POFQ NYE! Engaged at Epcot! * March 2007 - Poly * September 2007 - AKL * October 2007 - Our Disney Honeymoon! Grand Floridian, Disney Magic, and POFQ! * March 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 - Old Key West * September 2008 to January 2013 - Living across the street! * September 2010 - Offsite * October 2011 - POFQ
RayaniFoxmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #229
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy76 View Post
:

I'm also going to guess a good part of the "renovation" time will actually be training the CMs in SB knowledge, how to use the various machines, etc. Starbucks puts a ton of emphasis on consistency and quality control from location to location. It's not just a matter of replacing the Nescafe in the coffee pots.
It was previously reported workers will be employees of Starbucks, not Disney. Don't know if this has changed.
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 11-10-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #230
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayaniFoxmur View Post

If ONE change to a store to Main Street is bothering you so much that you can't even enjoy the Confectionary? The Emporium? Crystal Arts? Casey's? How about the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor... well I just feel bad for you.

If you REALLY think Disney hasn't taken into account the fact that its an iconic location then I don't know what to tell you. Of course they have taken into account the Location of the iconic Main Steret Bakery.Obviously your trust in Disney has been destroyed and maybe you should find elsewhere to spend your vacation dollars? I mean, if you can't trust them to keep the theming in a location that has existed for 40 years what else can you not trust them with?
Oh, friend do not feel bad!
We'll be home soon...
Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #231
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie

It was previously reported workers will be employees of Starbucks, not Disney. Don't know if this has changed.
The employees in the DCA Starbucks are from Starbucks, but have Disney name tags. A vast member friend of mine said the same will happen at MK and they will receive Disney cast member training.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #232
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesalsa View Post
In my neck of the woods, that is who I generally see enjoying their goods. I have nothing against Starbucks. I don't care for their products, and I know that I am in the minority with that, but I just hope that Disney somehow maintains the integrity of the history and STORY of Main Street, U.S.A., with this change.
As I previously said, I don't think at all that the integrity of the history& story of MS USA will be compromised. It has been reported that the CM's will still wear their historically themed uniforms and that the theme will be in keeping with MS USA. The bakery just recently had a facelift so I can't see them tearing that down and re-doing it. The only major difference will be that SB coffee will be served. I am looking at it from the half glass full perspective - Disney has listened to our complaints about the nasty Nescafe coffee and changed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Really? Why, are the tearing down the whole of Main Street and turning it into a strip mall?

I completely disagree with this statement. Changing the direction of the Bakery is not going make me feel any different when I enter Main St. I will still get that magical feeling with the added bonus of a Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #233
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

As I previously said, I don't think at all that the integrity of the history& story of MS USA will be compromised. It has been reported that the CM's will still wear their historically themed uniforms and that the theme will be in keeping with MS USA. The bakery just recently had a facelift so I can't see them tearing that down and re-doing it. The only major difference will be that SB coffee will be served. I am looking at it from the half glass full perspective - Disney has listened to our complaints about the nasty Nescafe coffee and changed that.

Really? Why, are the tearing down the whole of Main Street and turning it into a strip mall?

I completely disagree with this statement. Changing the direction of the Bakery is not going make me feel any different when I enter Main St. I will still get that magical feeling with the added bonus of a Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream
You said it right!
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #234
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
This helps reduce Disney's costs. Benefits are SB responsibility.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #235
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Funny thing is.... To millions who visit Wdw once in a lifetime or maybe twice with 30 year spans between visits they won't really know the difference. If the outside facade is the same the interior can be "whatever" to them. There probably wow I can get my Starbucks. Bottom line most visitors won't know only die hards like us disers.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #236
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayaniFoxmur View Post

If you REALLY think Disney hasn't taken into account the fact that its an iconic location then I don't know what to tell you. Obviously your trust in Disney has been destroyed and maybe you should find elsewhere to spend your vacation dollars? I mean, if you can't trust them to keep the theming in a location that has existed for 40 years what else can you not trust them with?
THIS! GMAB people...do some of you hear yourselves? Its a bakery. They are not stripping down Cinderella's Castle to build a Starbucks... and if your not happy quit your whining on here and cancel your trip - be melodramatic by all means...at least then there will be less of a line up for me to grab a tea in the morning as I stroll down Main St USA.
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #237
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
THIS! GMAB people...do some of you hear yourselves? Its a bakery. They are not stripping down Cinderella's Castle to build a Starbucks... and if your not happy quit your whining on here and cancel your trip - be melodramatic by all means...at least then there will be less of a line up for me to grab a tea in the morning as I stroll down Main St USA.
Ex-squeeze me? Translation please :

Other than that, fully agree
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #238
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
No. They're stripping down Cinderella Castle to build Cinderella's Burger Table

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #239
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
You haven't heard?

Apparently, Disney is not only replacing MSB with a Starbucks, but they're also converting the Emporium into a Disney Store (like the ones in the mall), turning Casey's into a McDonald's, replacing Tony's with an Olive Garden, rebranding the Plaza Ice Cream Shop as a Ben & Jerry's, and turning the Confectionary into a Dylan's Candy Bar. It's all part of NextGen.

Walt Disney World Resort

March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop, AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort
October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)
Disneyland Resort
August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)
Upcoming
Walt Disney World June 2014 (GF for 5 Nights/5 Days)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #240
PrincessNP
Mouseketeer

We can only hope that they delicately incorporate Starbucks into Main Strret Bakery. It's what they did at Disneyland. Then we can have Starbucks amazing coffee with my one of a kind cinnamon roll!

Hess when we go in Dec better eat one everyday!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: