Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #31
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

We always tip more than the suggested amount. The amount however varies. Even though the bar tabs have it included we always leave more.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #32
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post
On our Fantasy cruise a couple weeks ago we gave our server a 65% increase and our assistant server a 250% increase. Our assistant server was amazing. We did like our server, and I do sometimes think I might have short changed him on the tip. This was our first cruise and we where not sure what to tip.
What to tip is the suggested amount. Anything over that is a much appreciated gift. It is never wrong, but NO ONE who leaves the suggested amount should ever feel that they haven't done the right thing. And unless they compare notes, your server and assistant have no way of knowing what you gave the other one.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #33
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
We always bring baggies of candy from home to give to cast members who we feel have done a great job and can't receive tips (kids clubs in particular). But, on one cruise, we had extra candy, so we gave bags to our servers, along with the tip envelopes with a bit extra in them (can't remember how much cash we put in...not more than $20). The servers were THRILLED with the candy! So now, we do that every time for the servers. I have also written a thank you card to our server, head server, and assistant server. We have been remembered by that same server and requested him now 4 times.
Also, if you feel you have had outstanding service, PLEASE write to DCL about the CM and use their name, they get recognized for that.

Where do you write to DCL about excellent customer service? I am all about rewarding staff that helps me, since I'm a single mom traveling so I need all the help I can get.

As far as the gratuity, I believe that every experience on board is different. Some people go to the MDR every day/night and then in that case I can see leaving a handsome tip for awesome service. However, most others prefer to self-serve for the majority of the trip, and so the server won't have a chance to "earn" a tip.

All in all, it's all good!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: