Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #31
csmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
My wife got the email and we went from POFQ to Poly, there was no way we were turning that down. Can't wait.
Can I ask, when are your dates?
csmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #32
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Anyone who turns down an upgrade from a value to a deluxe is bananas! You can always go and visit AoA. Even for one night, it could be fun just to see what it is like. They will move your bags for you during the day at the park, right?
Unless they are upgrading me to CR, BC or Poly I won't move from POFQ. Going from POFQ to Saratoga Springs to ME it's not an upgrade. I stay at POFQ because it's a small resort which SS definitely is not.

So yeah, you can call me bananas all you want but I'd stay put.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #33
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Having stayed in a LM room for 2 nights last October, I would switch in a heartbeat. You're talking value vs deluxe or even a suite. It would be a no brainer for me.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #34
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Having stayed at all levels... I would take the upgrade in a heartbeat!!

Of course I would never get one... Lol...

No pixie dust for me..
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #35
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrusso45 View Post
I would just ignore it. I don't think there's any danger of getting upgraded against your will.

As an aside., we were booked for LM as well for Dec 2012, and we DID take advantage of the offer, now we're booked in a suite.
There is risk of being 'upgraded against your will'. That sort of offer reads as they are overbooked for some reason, and are trying to move people. That said, it all depends on if they get enough other people to relocate to cover the overbooked category.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

So I had to go and check my email... This whole thread made me think it might have been possible to get out of Pop Century and into Poly.

No such luck...

We are going for a short anniversary trip from 11/25-28 and although I'm thrilled to be going at all, I really wish we could have splurged on a more romantic resort!

I'm going to pray to the Pixie Dust Gods and hope I get one of the emails... Congratulations to all who got the email!
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
robinb
DIS Veteran

Just so you know, even if you turn down the upgrade offer you may be "walked" when you get there. That happened to us one year at the start of free dining at POR. We didn't get a letter, but we were asked to upgrade to a studio at SSR when we arrived. We had just stayed at SSR the week before (we visited my in-laws in Tampa between 2 WDW stays) and POR was the last moderate to check off my list. I told the CM that and that I also had GF and YC on my list, so those would be OK . He came back with an offer of a 1 bedroom at SSR and I knew there was really no fighting it. We enjoyed the extra room .

For the people who are being asked to upgrade for one day. I would consider it if it was a resort that I still needed to "check off" but otherwise the inconvenience wouldn't be worth it unless they sweetened the deal a bit more.

Good luck and may the upgrade fairy visit those who are hoping for one!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #38
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Upgrading for 1 NIGHT? Crazy, I can't believe they would ask this of anyone. If the rooms are overbooked WDW has to eat it and upgrade for the length of stay. Who would want to move for 1 night- not me, what an inconvenience.

Upgrading from a LM room to an AOA site for the length of stay- yes! I don't know why anyone would say no- that's a huge discount on more room. I understand her DD loves LM, go walk the grounds, take pics, and then enjoy a huge savings on a nicer room!
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #39
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxePrincess
We got the email and they gave us an upgrade to Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom villa. This is like a $3000 savings so I took it! We've never stayed at a DVC resort so I am excited. Our dates are December 22-27 and we were originally booked for AOA Little Mermaid room.
Looks like we may have a future Dvc member. Lol. Dvc villas are awesome.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #40
Miffy
DIS Veteran

OP here. A couple of things.

1) My sister doesn't have free dining--it wasn't available for most of her stay--and she's paying rack rate for her room.

2) This is a solo trip, so she hardly needs the extra room or bathroom in the suite, and she loved the decor of the LM rooms. She has no interest in staying at SSR, OKW, CBR, or CSR. She hasn't been to WDW in 25 years and she doesn't travel frequently, so it's not like she'll settle for something she didn't book and doesn't want because she'll be back in a few months.

3) She's calling this morning, so I'll post with an update when I know what happened.

And many thanks for all the replies! Very helpful and informative.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #41
Miffy
DIS Veteran

OP here again.

My sister spoke to WDW ressies on the phone. They told her that the only upgrades that were available were the ones listed on the email she'd been sent, and she told them that she didn't want any of these upgrades and wanted to stay in her LM room, as booked 6 months ago.

The CM confirmed her original reservation, which specifies an LM room.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my sister, hoping she gets the room she wants...or if it has to be changed because of overbookings, that she gets something she will not just like but love.

Again, many thanks to all the posters on this thread. And here's some pixie dust for my sister and for all of you, too!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #42
discookiemonsta
Mouseketeer

I really hope that your sister can keep her original reservation for a LM room!!!

Something that caught my attention was that she is travelling alone....I'm just wondering why Disney would try to get a solo traveller to switch to a suite when I'm sure there are lots of larger families booked in a LM room that would be thrilled to switch to a suite for free. We are a family of 4 booked into a LM room and I'd jump at the chance for a free upgrade into one of the suites even if it is just for the extra room! I can totally understand why this would make no sense for a solo traveller. I'm sure with Disney it may just all be computer generated, who gets these free upgrade emails, so there may be no rhyme or reason as to who receives the email...just doesn't make any sense to me

I really hope your sister enjoys her stay in the LM seciton

Me(35) DH(35) DD(10) & DD(7)

discookiemonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #43
katiebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
Hi everyone,

My sister booked an LM room at AoA six months ago. She's arriving in three weeks. Today she got an email "Upgrade your Disney Resort hotel for FREE." The options they offered were any of the family suites at AoA, CBR, CSR, OKW, and SS. The email says to call soon to ask about the free upgrade.

The thing is, my sister wants to stay in the LM room she booked! None of the "upgrade" options is in any way appealing to her. I realize that to someone else, these might seem like upgrades, but to my sister, they do not.

If she doesn't call them, will they maybe force her to "upgrade" when she checks in in three weeks? Should she call and make sure that her LM room is still hers?

Thanks for some guidance. This has never happened to me, so I don't know what to tell her is the best course of action (or inaction). She hasn't been to WDW in 25 years and she would like to get the room she booked. It'd be different if she wanted to stay at one of these other resorts (or suites) but she doesn't.

Thanks!
I apologize if I missed this, but what are her dates? We are staying at AoA LM from Dec 6-8. I called within an hour of receiving the "free upgrade" email (and about 5 times since), and have been told every time nothing is available at another resort. Even the moderates! Yikes!
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #44
katiebear
Mouseketeer

btw, I was hesitant at first to give up my LM room, too! It is a surprise for the kids, and I know they would love the Nemo pool and DD4 would be in heaven in the LM room. DS9 and DS7 not so much lol!
katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebear View Post
I apologize if I missed this, but what are her dates? We are staying at AoA LM from Dec 6-8. I called within an hour of receiving the "free upgrade" email (and about 5 times since), and have been told every time nothing is available at another resort. Even the moderates! Yikes!
I checked the WDW site for your dates out of curiosity and only POR waterview shows up for moderates, but both SSR and OKW show as still available, so they must have had enough people take the offer that they no longer need to make room @ AOA LM for your dates - so those not wanting to be moved who are going those dates can breathe a sigh of relief.
I do like that they are dealing w/ overbooking ahead of time, far better to find people who would like an upgrade beforehand than confronting people after a long day of travel w/ the unexpected @ the front desk, IMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: