Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
HoneydewGlow
Earning My Ears

Impromptu January Trip- help?

Mkay, it isn't "impromptu" per se... at least not by the standards of the average person (I spent a year planning my family's trip to Disney World in 2011). We had been considering a trip to Disneyland this coming December, but by June my mother's bank account had convinced us to abandon that idea. However, recent developments have given us hope that we will be able to make it from January 11th until the 14th. We are thus far undecided as to whether we will buy three-day tickets or four-day tickets. Given that it will be January, after the holiday decorations have been retired for the year, I'm guessing that crowds will be small. If we get the fourth day, we would only have 3-5 hours in the park, which I figure we can use to see Cars Land and free up the rest of our days for the rest of DCA and DL. If we opt for three days, I'm sure we could get through it all and still get a fulfilling and satisfying experience. My mother has only ever been to WDW, which I find to be very manufactured in comparison to the intimate atmosphere of Disneyland. Our party will consist of my mom, my sister (13), my brother (4), myself (18), and possibly my mother's boyfriend. We live in Chicago and might not get another chance to do this as a family for quite a while. Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?
HoneydewGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Feistygirl916
Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way

You question is about getting 3 or 4 day hoppers, right? I say get the 4 day, considering it won't be very much more in price

January is the slowest month here in my opinion, so you should definitely be able to see everything Our weather will definitely be much nicer than what you are used to in January too!

BRING OSWALD TO THE PARKS!
Feistygirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
pharmama
DIS Veteran

If you have any friends or family members on the west coast, Costco's out here are currently offering 4-day Park Hoppers for $260 but each ticket also includes a $50 costco cash card (so effectively they are $210 each which is $40 less than the gate price of a 3-day hopper). See other thread on this board about this.

If you can get someone to pick up these tickets for you it seems like a no-brainer to me....
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
HoneydewGlow
Earning My Ears

Hmmm. Okay, thanks. My grandfather lives near Anaheim. I'll talk to him about the Costco tickets.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Feistygirl916

If you have family that lives in So Cal they can purchase the So Cal park hoppers for you at a super good price

The usual DL deal is 2 day non-park hoppers for $99 ($15 more if you want park hoppers). DL also offers 3 day of the same ticket, and I think it's only about $30 more. These tickets (at least last year) were for January - early June

They are "So Cal Resident" tickets, but your relative can buy them for you at the ticket booth with a So Cal address on their license/ID card.

Hope this helps! I know it helped out my Oregon friends when they came down to visit me this last February!

Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
HoneydewGlow
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!

So anyone have any time-saving tips, must-do's, etc.?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Geemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistygirl916 View Post
If you have family that lives in So Cal they can purchase the So Cal park hoppers for you at a super good price

The usual DL deal is 2 day non-park hoppers for $99 ($15 more if you want park hoppers). DL also offers 3 day of the same ticket, and I think it's only about $30 more. These tickets (at least last year) were for January - early June

They are "So Cal Resident" tickets, but your relative can buy them for you at the ticket booth with a So Cal address on their license/ID card.

Hope this helps! I know it helped out my Oregon friends when they came down to visit me this last February!

Are there any RULES about:
Having to show So Cal Resident ID when using a So Cal Ticket?
Does So Cal Resident have to be with those from Chicago in order for them to get in?

With all the rule changes/enforcement currently being experienced be sure to know what to expect.

If I were you, I'd have Grandfather pick the four day hopper tickets up at Costco. Then your good to go for sure.

Here is the Costco item number to buy the tickets #672884 Anyone can call a Costco and see if they have any in stock and how many are available. (word is the tickets may sell out and not be re-stocked)

Also if there is a change in your plans and you are unable to make the trip, the tickets are REFUNDABLE at Costco.

Good luck with your family excursion. I know how hard it is to get everyone together.

Geemo

Last edited by Geemo; 11-13-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Geemo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would be very surprised if Disney offers anything similar this year.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
Feistygirl916

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
I would be very surprised if Disney offers anything similar this year.
Really? This has been the norm for a few years now...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistygirl916

With the opening of Carsland and the billion dollar makeover in DCA, I would be surprised if Disney offered those kinds of discounts this year. Ticket deals have been few and far between since June. I think the Costco deal is the first we've seen for awhile and they expire in February. Disney also used to offer a summer deal for SoCal residents and they didn't do it this summer. They didn't need to, the parks are full already.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Carsland is the new norm now, and with it the ticket prices have gone up and there have been hardly any ticket discounts since.

OP - I don't think you can do everything in 3 days personally. I would do the 4 day if this is a possible once in a lifetime trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: