Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #16
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

We also just returned from Bonnet Creek last night and loved it. It was our first off-property stay, and I may never go back to a Disney resort again! Check out the Bonnet Creek thread for more info on how to get good deals - a huge 2 BR unit for less than a moderate! It's also more relaxing and if you like pools, this is the place for you!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

If you go through mousesavers website, you can also get some good deals on te DTD hotels and Caribe Royale (which is an all suites resort).
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great advice and suggestions!!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
mom2princesses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
dtum
DIS Veteran

We stayed at WH last trip and are staying at Emerald Island this trip (found a house with a fantastic game room and since kids are older, they enjoy hanging around the house, relaxing by the pool (we enjoy the pool houses because we have our own private pool) and playing a few games). We are paying $159/night inclusive for a 4-bed/3-bath house. I know people have found cheaper ones, but it's all in what you are looking for.

I wouldn't say the traffic is terrible. We never had any problems getting around. There are back roads that take you right to the parks. I have seen that WBC has bus service so you don't need to drive at all, but I don't know what type of schedule it runs on.

Fort Wilderness Camping - October 1983 (me, DH, DD), June 1993 (me, DH, DD, DS & friends), June 1997 (me, DH, DD, DS), May 2008 (DH and me)
Fort Wilderness Cabins - May 2004 (me, DH, DD, DS, SIL and GS)
Fort Wilderness Camping - June 2009 (me, DH) AND ASMo (SIL, DD, GS, DS)
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
Windsor Hills - DH and I - November 2014
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
ctl
Mouseketeer

we stayed off-site near Universal

We recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express near Universal. They had free breakfast and early entry to Universal.It was our first trip to Universal in about 12 years. We loved seeing WWoHP and still went to WDW for 2 days out of the trip. It was cheaper than WDW and as we didn't have the dining plan or stay on site, we didn't feel the need to eat at TS in WDW, enjoyed the CS and the freedom to come and go as we pleased.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
lpandorf
DIS Veteran

Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista

We have always stayed on site and decided to try offsite last summer for the first time. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista. It was very reasonable. It was a short drive to the parks and close to restuarants. (I remember there was a Cici's pizza buffet and Dollar Tree right across the street and the kids liked going in for pizza and stopping next door to get $1 glow sticks to use at parades at night).

The rooms looked like they were recently remodeled. Included a washer and dryer and had 3 TVS plus a jacuzzi tub in the master. Now that the kids are older (12 and 8) we really preferred having the extra space. While I'd love to stay onsite in a 2 bedroom DVC, just not in the budget so this was a good alternative. There was plenty of parking, several big pools and periodically had activities for the kids. I'd stay again next time we go back.
2007 SSR
2008 OKW
2009 Vero Beach
2010 HHI
2011 DCL
2012 Offsite
2013 AKV
2014 WL
lpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote