Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Asking for help - leaving tomorrow!

I am getting on this WAY too late. I hope the Dis can help me!

DD and DH will arrive at universal tomorrow. They will have 4 park days (tickets for both parks) and are staying at Royal Pacific. They want to see Harry Potter and will ride anything big or small.

I thought I could get an itinerary on line (like on a paid site) but there does not seem to be the kind of information that is available for Disney. I think they have plenty of time but can you guys help me put together a general list of what to do first? Also tell me about early entry. Should they do it or could they manage HP without it and get a bit of extra sleep?

THANK-YOU so much!!!!

Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

They don't need a touring plan at all. The crowds should be very, very low and they will have express lane access. I don't even think they will need to get up early for early admission. However, it is always nice to do it for one morning.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Thank-you. That makes me feel better. I am reading the HP sticky now. I feel like I am cramming for a final!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Nah...you'll be fine and the weather is wonderful this week.

Tomorrow should be in the low 80's with LOTS of sunshine!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

There are some great water rides, so the only thing they might want to plan is to do those right before they are going back to the hotel.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Hopefully, you're aware of how the express pass process works. The checkin clerk should explain it but incase they don't: Everyone staying in the RPR room will receive a roomkey. Then they'll use their roomkeys to obtain their express passes, which is used to gain access to the express pass lines. Most rides/shows have an express pass lines, but the ones that don't are: Forbidden Journey Of Harry Potter, the wand show at Ollivander's, Pteradon's Flyers, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!

I am so glad the weather is nice!

I thought the room key was the express pass. Where do they go to exchange it? We have been once in 2006 and I just remember showing our room key at the line entrance.

I found our 2006 guidebook. If I use the map of Islands of Adventure is Harry Potter behind the Lost Continent? I don't think much else has changed.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom View Post
Thanks everyone!

I thought the room key was the express pass. Where do they go to exchange it? We have been once in 2006 and I just remember showing our room key at the line entrance.

I found our 2006 guidebook. If I use the map of Islands of Adventure is Harry Potter behind the Lost Continent? I don't think much else has changed.
There are kiosks in the hotel where they get a photo snapped and it is put on a new express pass. Takes very little time....not to worry.

Yes...The Wizarding World is beside the Dueling Dragons. The Flying Unicorn is now The Flight of the Hippogriff. Dueling Dragons is Dragons Challenge and the new Hogwarts is beside the Flight of the Hippogriff.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

Universal just starting using a separate express pass instead of the room key card earlier this year.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

I wanted to come back and say thank-you to all of you for your help last week. They had a great trip and loved Harry Potter especially Hidden Journey. It was not busy at all and with FOTL they did everything many times over the 4 days.

They said the only disappointments were the food was just ok and the hotel (Royal Pacific) was replacing carpet in the hall and it was a little hard to move around. DH did get a small refund on the room one night because of the disruption. It would not keep us from staying again but seemed odd they would put guests on the floor they were changing carpet on.

All together it was a great trip and they enjoyed Universal! Thanks again for helping at the last minute!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to hear that they had a great time! The express passes are the best!

I'm so excited , we're leaving tonight for 5 nights at the HRH and 4 park days at Universal!

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
I wanted to come back and say thank-you to all of you for your help last week. They had a great trip and loved Harry Potter especially Hidden Journey. It was not busy at all and with FOTL they did everything many times over the 4 days.

They said the only disappointments were the food was just ok and the hotel (Royal Pacific) was replacing carpet in the hall and it was a little hard to move around. DH did get a small refund on the room one night because of the disruption. It would not keep us from staying again but seemed odd they would put guests on the floor they were changing carpet on.

All together it was a great trip and they enjoyed Universal! Thanks again for helping at the last minute!
I wonder where they ate? Find out if you can so we can keep everyone posted as to what wasn't so good. There are definitely places that aren't the greatest but lots of places that are wonderful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: