Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I agree with you about Jessica Biel's dress.

Art of Animation is so cute!

10 years is a long time. I'm a few years older than you (29) and have been with my SO for 7 years. I know a proposal is in the works, but it's hard to wait after so many years. Trying not to get my hopes up for our upcoming trip or the holidays..
Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I completely agree with you on Jessica's dress. She looked like she was going to prom or debutante or something like that. Not very weddingy!

Looking forward to reading more!
Yes, it was a pretty prom dress but not a pretty wedding dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi! I'm joining in, first trip reports are always fun. Can't wait to hear about it!
Thanks! I know you from Joanie's trip report and twitter too I think! Are you on twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Looking forward to reading more about your trip. My husband and I had reservations at AOA Little Mermaid Room in January, but I changed it to the CS when I saw how far it was from the foodcourt. I don't mind a little walk, but didn't want to hear my husband complain the whole time we were there.
It was a long walk. It wouldn't be too bad from a different building but our building was the furthest one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I'm in! I agree with you about Jessica Biel's dress.

Art of Animation is so cute!

10 years is a long time. I'm a few years older than you (29) and have been with my SO for 7 years. I know a proposal is in the works, but it's hard to wait after so many years. Trying not to get my hopes up for our upcoming trip or the holidays..
Haha, I Know!! It is so hard to wait. We have been dating since high school and all of college so I guess I can't really count those years. but still I want a ring!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Boma Breakfast

This morning's plans were to have breakfast at Boma at 8:30am. We did NOT want to take the bus system there because we knew it would take a long time so we decided to take a cab! Most brilliant idea ever! The cab only ended up $15 with tip.

When we were getting ready Corey goes, "Oh SH**!!" I am like, "What did you forget!??" He forgot his belt and he said if he didn't have his belt his pants would fall off. So we were contemplating how to get a belt. When to go to Wal-mart, how much it would cost, if there were any shops in DTD that would have a belt.. So that was our mission, to find Corey a belt!

Coming to our elevator I had to take a picture of this amazing view overlooking the Little Mermaid section.

Corey hailed a cab while I checked us into our package portion.

When we got to AKL we headed to their gift shop to find a belt! They had belts!!! And they were normal brown leather belts!! Yay! He had to get a size bigger than he normally wears but he just put the notch tighter. It was about $30. We were shocked that they had normal non Mickey belts.

Here he is putting on hie belt!

I need to start pin collecting. I don't want to trade I just want to collect them. I love the pins that are ride themed or Disney World themed. The problem is they are so expensive!

I want to start with this OSU Pin!

Walking downstairs to Boma. Do you see a hidden mickey? I have no clue if it is a hidden mickey it just looks like it!

We went to check in for our reservation and they didn't have it! She looked for about 5 minutes. After we sat down I realized it was under Corey's name. Oopsie!

Breakfast is only $18.99! Great deal I think.

Here is the area we sat in.

It is such a pretty restaurant. I didn't love the food this time but it is still a nice place to go to. If you want to read my dining review check HERE!

We were soo happy to be at our first Disney restaurant. I could not wait to meet Emily back at the hotel so I could show her my favorite place in the world!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #19
FancyNancy
Princess

That pic of the LM section is gorgeous!

Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Great TR. Are you sure this is your 1st?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 11-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Subbing. Can't wait to read more about your trp.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Thanks! I know you from Joanie's trip report and twitter too I think! Are you on twitter?
Oh really? Cool! Yeah, I'm on twitter! Same name as on here.

That's such a cool picture from AoA! Looks like such a fun resort.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

And now I've found your TR! Yay! That's too bad that the beds and pillows are not the best. Was the bed creaky?? I'm a light sleeper that wouldn't have worked for me!

The view of the LM pool area at AoA is really fun and brilliantly themed.

Glad to know that at least the AKL gift shop has belts - good thing it wasn't blingy with Mickey heads!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
francis6306
DIS Veteran

AWE!!! The Little Mermaid area looks great!

Good to know about the comforters. I'm sure that the ones over in Nemo won't be much better… I'll be prepared!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #25
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Off to a great start!

I walked around AOA a bit when we stayed at POP last month and I just loved how bright and colourful everything is!

Ahh your collage of Lola is adorable! What a cutie!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #26
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Wow, what a relief to get the job right before you left for your vacation! That would definitely be cause for celebration!

I'm like you in that I'm anxious when traveling. I would much rather get to an airport earlier than later. I'll walk around or find something to eat. I feel sick to my stomach thinking I might be late.

Yum, Boma for breakfast? My husband and I had Boma for dinner during our honeymoon and absolutely LOVED it! I didn't know breakfast was only $18!

(I just realized it was you on Instagram )

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #27
MEK
DIS Veteran

I totally had to laugh at the belt story............My DH left his belt in the airport on one of our trips and he insisted that we go buy one before we even set foot in a park. Fortunately we had a car, but leaving the Disney bubble before even getting there was pretty darn hard.

I love those rooms at AoA. They are adorable.

Boma breakfast - yum. We ate there in June and loved it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
That pic of the LM section is gorgeous!
Isn't it?? I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Joining in. Great TR. Are you sure this is your 1st?
Yes it is But i have done a PTR and some dining reviews before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
Subbing. Can't wait to read more about your trp.
Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh really? Cool! Yeah, I'm on twitter! Same name as on here.

That's such a cool picture from AoA! Looks like such a fun resort.
I will have to follow you on twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And now I've found your TR! Yay! That's too bad that the beds and pillows are not the best. Was the bed creaky?? I'm a light sleeper that wouldn't have worked for me!

The view of the LM pool area at AoA is really fun and brilliantly themed.

Glad to know that at least the AKL gift shop has belts - good thing it wasn't blingy with Mickey heads!
Yeah the bed was a little creaky when you turned around. It also wasn't that comfy because Corey and I had to share. We are used to a queen. I know, i was worried we would find a belt but it would be full of mickey heads! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
AWE!!! The Little Mermaid area looks great!

Good to know about the comforters. I'm sure that the ones over in Nemo won't be much better… I'll be prepared!
they might be a little better since that section was the first to open! I think they just need to be washed more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Off to a great start!

I walked around AOA a bit when we stayed at POP last month and I just loved how bright and colourful everything is!

Ahh your collage of Lola is adorable! What a cutie!
I was surprised at how colorful it is! I still missed POP though!! It feels more like home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Wow, what a relief to get the job right before you left for your vacation! That would definitely be cause for celebration!

I'm like you in that I'm anxious when traveling. I would much rather get to an airport earlier than later. I'll walk around or find something to eat. I feel sick to my stomach thinking I might be late.

Yum, Boma for breakfast? My husband and I had Boma for dinner during our honeymoon and absolutely LOVED it! I didn't know breakfast was only $18!

(I just realized it was you on Instagram )
Wait what is your user name on Instagram? Do I follow you? it was definitely a cause of celebration although I didn't know it. I don't like being late when flying either although I am late to work a lot! Hahah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I totally had to laugh at the belt story............My DH left his belt in the airport on one of our trips and he insisted that we go buy one before we even set foot in a park. Fortunately we had a car, but leaving the Disney bubble before even getting there was pretty darn hard.

I love those rooms at AoA. They are adorable.

Boma breakfast - yum. We ate there in June and loved it!
Oh my thats funny that he left it at the airport. I can imagine that happens a lot! At the airport someone left their bag at the security! I don't know how that happens, ha!

Old 11-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #29
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

First Safari of the Day!

After our breakfast we headed out to the bus stop.

We saw an AK bus there so we ran to catch it.

As soon as I got there she closed the doors and shook her head at me and ran her hand along her neck like she was cutting it off or something.

I know the bus was crowded but I am pretty sure they could have fit two more of us on it. I was kind of mad about this but I got over it

Here is Corey waiting patiently with his pretty Vera bag

We ended up waiting 25 minutes for the next AK bus!! I swear, deluxe buses stink. Anytime I am at a deluxe resort they take so long.

First thing we did when we got to AK was wait in line for the characters of UP! They are cute, the dog was licking my hand.

(insert PP UP pic here)

Next thing we did was head straight for the safari! I love the safari and try to do this first thing because supposedly the animals are more active in the morning.

At first they were only loading the right side. They opened up the left side as soon we got to the divider so we first in line on the left side.

We got a cool wheelchair row with only two seats.

Our driver- I forget his name. He was kinda boring.

Safari pics.. I am not sure what the limit is so I will just keep posting.

Rhino caked in mud!

New zebra area.

Coming out of the safari cool photo op!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
FancyNancy
Princess

Awww I love the 2nd giraffe pic!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: