Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #196
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post

I did notice I could do that on aperture! Do you know if they keep the same quality if you straighten them? It seemed like the quality diminished a bit.

I use iphoto to edit my pictures, so it's right in there with the quick fixes. Works like a charm. I take a lot of sports pictures and they are ALWAYS crocked since I don't use a tripod.

Any how - Boo for Emily's last day! Your breakfast looks so good and I absolutely love that bread.

I hate when I get to Epcot and the line is super long like that. It's like - come on people, move it!

Ah - the Beverly. Emily looks like "hmmmm - let me think about this".

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #197
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Rachel- I saw the pics you posted of you and your friend in the World of Disney with the princess statues. What part of the store are they in? I was in that store 2x in the past 2 years and never saw them. This is a photo op I'd LOVE to get!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #198
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

BEVERLY! Always a good time with that horrible drink.

I wish I was more adventurous when it came to food so I could try more food at the food and wine festival, but by the looks of it it seems like it can be hit of miss.

Chair guy makes me nervous every time!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #199
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

im surprised you didnt like the kona pulled pork, we had that and really liked it

might have been a bad batch of buns you had.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #200
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
It took me over an hour, but I read every single post in this thread.

Love your trip report!! Looks like you had a lovely time with your b/f and best friend. Did you write your trip report for your January trip yet? If not, will be looking forward to it!
Aw thanks so much for reading! I did start it but I don't have much yet. It is called like The Solo Trip Where I got Addicted to Vinylmations or something like that...haha I can't exactly remember what I called it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I use iphoto to edit my pictures, so it's right in there with the quick fixes. Works like a charm. I take a lot of sports pictures and they are ALWAYS crocked since I don't use a tripod.

Any how - Boo for Emily's last day! Your breakfast looks so good and I absolutely love that bread.

I hate when I get to Epcot and the line is super long like that. It's like - come on people, move it!

Ah - the Beverly. Emily looks like "hmmmm - let me think about this".
Lol that is funny! She does look like that. I think she seriously thought I thought it was good so she was like what in the heck are you thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
Rachel- I saw the pics you posted of you and your friend in the World of Disney with the princess statues. What part of the store are they in? I was in that store 2x in the past 2 years and never saw them. This is a photo op I'd LOVE to get!!
Yes I love that spot too!! It is actually right outside of World of Disney. It is right by the Lego store so it is kind of at the other end of World of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoSamma View Post
BEVERLY! Always a good time with that horrible drink.

I wish I was more adventurous when it came to food so I could try more food at the food and wine festival, but by the looks of it it seems like it can be hit of miss.

Chair guy makes me nervous every time!
Yeah I think it is hit or miss. It is a great experience but some of the items aren't that great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
im surprised you didnt like the kona pulled pork, we had that and really liked it

might have been a bad batch of buns you had.
I think it was. I liked the pork especially with that spicy mayo but the bun was too thick and not soft enough!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #201
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

One Last Trip Around the World

After France we turned around and headed for Mexico for one last trip around the world!

Bye Food and Wine Festival! I am contemplating getting an AP this year so maybe I will see you around!

I really like this fountain in Morocco. That pavilion is so gorgeous but I never give it the time of the day! I always just take one pic and never really walk through.

Next is our last pit stop at the Food and Wine booth: The desserts and the champagne!

Corey got the frozen nesquick foam.

He really liked this. He said it was like icy foam.

I got the dessert trio and in my opinion this was the best thing in the whole festival. Haha, I loved every single one of these things and wish I would have got two!!

One the way out we look at the ocean spray cranberry bog. That thing is pretty cool.

We stopped at Mousegears on the way out to check out the merch. Emily still needed to buy some souvenirs.

We had plans to get mouse ears but we never got them the trip so we tried them on now just to take a picture with them.

We even morphed into truck drivers that look like Grumpy!

My face seems to fit the hat a bit more. I think that is a sign that I need to lay off of the cookies!

Our last ride was Spaceship Earth! Earlier I got caramel corn from Karamelle Kuche so my picture was me shoving caramel corn in my mouth. I couldn't stop eating it!!

I love this scene.

I love how this style is coming back.

Does anyone else feel that this is the most relaxing ride in all of Disney? I could seriously fall asleep on this. When you go backwards it always cracks/stretches my back and it feels so good. Lol!

Here is my popcorn pic!

Bye Food and Wine Fest and bye Epcot (even though I would see you again in 2 months, which I didn't know at the time!)

We saw a bus for Pop Century so we decided to hop in it.

We went into the gift shop and Emily bought a Mickey hoodie.

I guess I was supposed to be Christmas??

Aw POP you are my home away from home! I missed you this trip.

Of course I had to stop at Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head!! I love this photo spot.

Don't ask...

After this we sat on a bench for a few minutes just to relax and soak up the sun.

After our rest we walked the bridge for Art of Animation to finally get ready to explore the other areas besides Little Mermaid! Haha, we were there for 4 days and didn't even make it to the other areas!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #202
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

AoA Cars Tour!

Oops, forgot to post a pic of me resting!

Ok, this post is going to be a lot of pictures and not that many words!

First up is Cars! Because there were lots of photo opps Corey had the camera and was being the photographer! I think Disney really screwed up here not adding regular rooms to these sections along with the suites.

Haha, this pic is cute!

I just love all of the cars. I definitely think a visit to this hotel should open for any Cars fans!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #203
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

AoA Finding Nemo Tour

Now time for the Finding Nemo section, one of my favorite Disney movies ever!

Mine, Mine, Mine!

It's MR. RAYYYY!

Awww, squirt! He is my fav!

I really love this feature. It is so clever!

Cool pool that we never swam in!

After our tour it was almost time to say bye to Emily. We sat at a table and talked for a little bit and she said she really enjoyed her time here, which I was glad about.

We walked her out to the front, saw her bus come, gave her a hug, and sent her off on the bus. She was literally the only one on.

I was so upset after this. I had to fight not to cry. First off because she is my best friend and lives 11 hours away from me. Second off because she was gone from our trip, something I have planning for 6 months, and something that I was sooo sooo excited for and all of a sudden it was over. That really is the worst feeling.

On a side not she said the bus ride took forever! She got the airport with not a lot of time at all!

Corey and I had our reservation at Cape May so off we went with our hearts heavy!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #204
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Looks like it was a beautiful morning in Epcot! I miss the Food and Wine festival already, it's going to be strange when I go in 2 weeks and nothing is going on...I seem to usually go when there are events happening, but now it's just a normal time of year!

So sorry Emily had to leave that day, that must have been hard! But you still have some Disney time left right? Yay!

I love the AoA tour, I wish we had time to wander around when we stayed there, but we were only there for one night!

I love your Spaceship Earth pics, what kind of camera do you have?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #205
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Love your AoA tour! That's such an awesome resort, can't wait to see it in person!

That's so sad that Emily had to leave early. How long were yall staying after?

-Marissa
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #206
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

So much food at F&W! It must be so hard to choose. What a sweet guy your DH is getting those slushies (which look delicious!)

I love your resort touring photos. It is so nice to do but it can be hard to make the time for it!

It makes sense why you were so sad to see Emily leave. And after so much planning, the trip always goes by so fast. I'mm glad that she enjoyed herself though!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #207
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates! Looks like it was a beautiful morning in Epcot! I miss the Food and Wine festival already, it's going to be strange when I go in 2 weeks and nothing is going on...I seem to usually go when there are events happening, but now it's just a normal time of year!

So sorry Emily had to leave that day, that must have been hard! But you still have some Disney time left right? Yay!

I love the AoA tour, I wish we had time to wander around when we stayed there, but we were only there for one night!

I love your Spaceship Earth pics, what kind of camera do you have?
I know I fee like I always go when stuff is going on! I always go during at least Christmas/Halloween!!

I have a Canon T3. It is an entry level DSLR camera. I really like it although I do want to upgrade soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Love your AoA tour! That's such an awesome resort, can't wait to see it in person!

That's so sad that Emily had to leave early. How long were yall staying after?
We will be leaving the next day of this trip

As you will see we had an awesome last day though! Good updates coming up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
So much food at F&W! It must be so hard to choose. What a sweet guy your DH is getting those slushies (which look delicious!)

I love your resort touring photos. It is so nice to do but it can be hard to make the time for it!

It makes sense why you were so sad to see Emily leave. And after so much planning, the trip always goes by so fast. I'mm glad that she enjoyed herself though!
He is a nice guy! Disney puts him in a good mood. lol. It definitely is hard to tour the hotels. We stayed at the hotel and didn't even tour it until the last day!

Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #208
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I just read through your whole report and I have to laugh at Emily painting her toes at the bus stop - that is ME!! As soon as I put nail polish on, I start chipping it off, so I always carry some in my purse. I definitely have had more than a couple of bus-waits where I hoped the bus would take a little longer just so I could finish
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #209
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel I'm now caught up! Your photos of Illuminations are awesome! Actaully, all of your photos are so good. I have no clue what appeture or ISO mean so I just keep my Nikon on auto and shoot away. (I got Em a Canon 40D for her birthday since she's into photography now... hopefully she can teach me a thing or two!)

The Cars area at AoA is so wonderfully themed. I finally went on Radiator Springs Racers at Dis CA Adventure so now I can see how closely the theming at the resort matches the park. You have great photos of course!

So sad that you had to say good-bye to Emily but it sounds like your 6 months of planning paid off and she had a great time!

Now to go read your January TR!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #210
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

The fountain in Morroco IS beautiful! I have a nice pic of my kids with it. I am so tempted to create a trip report and post pics but a little leery of having the kids pics online. But then again, I only have about 1000 pics of them on my FB. LOL

PS- I'm going to check out your Jan report now. I love reading this~ makes me feel like 1.) I am in Disney and 2.) I know you. I really enjoy your take. It stinks that Emily had to leave a day early & that you were leaving the next day too. Disney is almost like Christmas for me. You plan and count down to the days and then when it arrives, it feels like it's over so fast. That's why it's nice to start planning another Disney trip right when you get home. With Christmas, after it's over, I then count down to the warmer months.. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: