Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Should we get a snack? A Feb/March 2013 TR! *UPDATE x2 3/24*

Hello and Welcome!

This is the second trip report I've attempted to put together, but certainly not my second trip to the world. I absolutely LOVE reading all of your TRs and you've inspired me to get back into the TR-writing game. I hope you'll join me as I recap our brief (in my eyes!) jaunt to the world to visit my sister during her Disney College Program!

Introductions

I'm Allie!

I'm a mid-20s marketer living in upstate New York. I've been visiting WDW every year since I was four, and now that we have DVC, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Vinnie!

Vinnie and I have been married since November 2012. Here we are on our wedding day

Vinnie never used to be a Disney fanatic...until he met me! We've now visited the world five times together and honeymooned on the Disney Fantasy.

And here's Mollie!

Mollie is my littlest sister and is LOVING her experience so far doing the Disney College Program. She started in January and is there until May, but she has already talked many times about extending. I can't say I blame her!

The Details

Travel Dates
February 27th - March 3rd

Resorts
BoardWalk Villas and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Eats
Citricos, Via Napoli, Be Our Guest, Mama Melrose's, and much MORE! You did see the title of my TR, right?

Stay tuned! My first update is on the way!

Last edited by alliebelle3; 03-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Arrival Day!

Our trip started dark and early at 5:00am.

The trouble with traveling from New York to Florida (or anywhere) in the winter is the unpredictable weather. Of course, the morning we left, we woke up to snow and sleet. The snow was very thick and heavy, so I was already expecting a delayed flight. We were supposed to take off at 7:30am, but didn't get in the air until 8:45am. Usually, this would be no big deal, but I was very anxious to see my sister, and she had to work at 2pm, so our time was limited that day! I wanted to get to Disney ASAP!

We landed around 11:45, and pretty much ran to the Magical Express bus. It was a whirlwind arrival, but by 12:50pm, we were pulling into the BoardWalk! Mollie was waiting for us and our reunion was perfect.

Unfortunately our room wasn't ready, and we didn't waste any time getting our first Disney meal. Mollie needed to grab some food before work (luckily she was working at the BoardWalk that day, and didn't have to travel far), so we headed down to the Boardwalk for some pizza.

Has anyone else had pizza from the pizza window? It's not the greatest, but it's not bad.

We finished up eating, and I got a text that the room was ready! Mollie headed off to work for the day, and we were off to the room.

We were in room 2070, a standard view studio for two nights.

We've stayed at the BoardWalk in the past, and if you have, you know it's notorious for its long, winding hallways, that seem to go on for days. This may have been the most convenient room location we've ever had, just two doors down from the elevator right off of the lobby!

The room was handicapped accessible, and I wasn't too thrilled with the shower, but the location was too good to give up. Aaaand, our view!

The pool was (obviously) closed for refurb, which had me wondering if our room was a standard (like we had paid for) or a pool view, which they had downgraded while the refurb was going on. Either way, I didn't care. I thought it was kinda cool!

We unpacked (slightly) and didn't waste any time at all. We were off to the MK so that DH could get a hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop. Stay tuned!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Looking forward to reading more!

Always jealous of those who are or have participated in the DCP - if only I had known about the opportunity when I was in college. Sounds like your sister is really enjoying it.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 03-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

You like to eat, I like to eat, I'm in!

Your wedding pic is beautiful, congrats
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Joining in! Looking forward to reading more!

Always jealous of those who are or have participated in the DCP - if only I had known about the opportunity when I was in college. Sounds like your sister is really enjoying it.
Yay! Glad you're here!

And I feel ya. I really regret not doing the DCP when I was in college. There wasn't a lot of info out there about it, and it really is the experience of a lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
You like to eat, I like to eat, I'm in!

Your wedding pic is beautiful, congrats
Thank you! And thanks for joining in!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Wednesday 2/27, Continued!

When I last left off, we had just checked into the BWV and were MK-bound so that Vinnie could get a haircut.

He had been putting this haircut off for a few weeks. He was long overdue! The original plan was to get this taken care of before the trip, but the night before, when we went to the Barber Shop and encountered too long of a wait (for us), he suggested that we just hit up the Main Street Barber Shop. I was shocked (I didn't think he knew what that was!) and excited. I agreed.

We arrived at the MK right around 2:45pm, and I had completely forgotten about the parade that was about to start! We scooted across the street and found a jam-packed barber shop.

The wait was about 45 minutes long, so we put his name on the list and decided to do something instead of sitting around. Pirates won!

Since Main Street was a zoo, we made our way through the Emporium and over to Adventureland. It was an absolutely gorgeous day.

With the first official ride of the trip under our belts in just about 30 minutes, we made our way back to the barber shop, and it was Vinnie's turn!

The obligatory "before" pictures:

There were a handful of other adults waiting for a haircut, but the real reason to visit is for the first haircuts for little ones. It was adorable watching them!

I had to embarrass Vinnie and take his picture while he was getting his haircut.

We loved the hairdresser. She did a great job!

We were out of there in no time at all, and decided that we had been there for far too long without getting one of our favorite snacks. Enter: the ice cream sandwich from the ice cream parlor!

She's beautiful, isn't she? Two fresh chocolate chip cookies with two scoops of vanilla ice cream = perfection. We found a seat right outside the Plaza and enjoyed every single bite. We didn't want to eat too much, because our Via Napoli ressie wasn't too far away.

We moseyed down Main Street and took some time to look in all the stores. Eventually we made our way to the bus stop, right as a BWV bus was pulling away. Just our luck! But, a Beach and Yacht Club bus pulled right up behind it, so we hopped on that! We got off at the Yacht Club and took our time heading back to the BW Villas. It had gotten quite a bit cooler and we wanted to change before heading to Epcot.

Don't you just love this view?

Coming up, dinner at Via Napoli!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

That ice cream sandwich looks reeeeally good especially with the castle in the background!

No pixie dust for your DH's hair?

Once our kids get a little older, I would love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts. Having all those restaurants along the resorts and in Epcot just sounds awesome. Looking forward to your report from Via Napoli!

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 03-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Wednesday, 2/27 Continued
Dinner at Via Napoli

After a quick clothing change at the BWV, it was time to hit up Epcot!

The sun had started to set and the Boardwalk area was looking as gorgeous as always.

We had about an hour before our reservation time, so we stopped at our favorite spot in the World Showcase to get a drink -- the UK. In November 2011, DH proposed to me in this area.

Drinks in hand, we strolled through the stores. My favorite:

I could spend a lot of money in that store.

We moved on to France, then Morocco. I love this fountain!

All of a sudden we realized we were going to be late for our ressie. So much for strolling!

We LOVE Via Napoli. This was our fourth time there in just about 15 months. We're a little obsessed.

After a couple of minutes, we were taken to a nice little two top. We perused the menu for anything new, but we knew exactly what we were going to order!

First -- the bread. So simple, but so delicious!

Our favorite beverage, white sangria, in a nice sharable amount

Arancini. Clearly we couldn't wait to dig in before I could snap a pic!

And the star of the show, a large pizza, half margherita and half quattro formaggi.

We absolutely loved this meal. I can't decided what I liked better -- the crispy, flavorful arancini, or the pizza. I love the simplicity of the food at Via Napoli. Everything tastes so fresh, yet everything is very simple. I love the basic tomato sauce served with the arancini and the margherita pizza. It's just like the "real" stuff I've had in Italy, and it's perfect.

We finished everything. Every. Single. Bite.

You would think that would be enough, but Karamel Kuche was calling my name!

We left VN at 8:55pm, and I ran to Germany to pick up some treats. As I was paying for my rice krispie treat covered in chocolate and caramel (sorry, no pics!), they locked me in. I never noticed them doing this before, closing the shops RIGHT at 9pm. Is this new?

Illuminations had already started and we were full and freezing, so we decided to head back and visit my sister at work. She was at Community Hall this night!

We rented a movie from Community Hall (the Parent Trap, such a classic!) and waited for Mollie to be done with work. As soon as she was back, we all passed out. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
That ice cream sandwich looks reeeeally good especially with the castle in the background!

No pixie dust for your DH's hair?

Once our kids get a little older, I would love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts. Having all those restaurants along the resorts and in Epcot just sounds awesome. Looking forward to your report from Via Napoli!
I tried to convince him to go for the pixie dust, but he just wasn't feeling it!

The Epcot Resort area is quite possibly our favorite spot in all of WDW. You must stay there someday!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Subscribed and looking forward to reading more

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Wasn't expecting the Via Napoli report to be up so soon! Looks great, especially the white sangria

I love picking up caramel treats from Germany.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: