Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
monica9
DIS Veteran

Seaworld Christmas show Times are up....questions for those that have gone

The christmas show schedule times are officially up. We are trying our best to plan to see all of the christmas shows in one day. Can anyone tell me the duration of each show?

Sesame st Christmas

Clyde countdown to Christmas

O wondrous Night (can't wait to see it!)

The waterfront Snowflurries

Sea of Trees

Shamu Miracles

Winterland Ice show

Reflection Fireworks Finale
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Shows are 30 minutes or less.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

To the OP....thanks for the heads up about the holiday show schedule!

One other thing that might be worth mentioning to those with trips coming up during the Christmas season........when we booked our reservations for Santa's Fireside Feast, it was advertised that it included reserved seating to O Wondrous Night. The website now says it includes seating before the meal at Sesame Street Christmas . Not the best change IMHO.......our DS will be 17 in January and has no interest in the SS show as you can imagine.

Just a heads up for others who have booked the Feast as well.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
monica9
DIS Veteran

when we booked our reservations for Santa's Fireside Feast, it was advertised that it included reserved seating to O Wondrous Night. The website now says it includes seating before the meal at Sesame Street Christmas . Not the best change IMHO.......our DS will be 17 in January and has no interest in the SS show as you can imagine.

Thats too bad! Maybe you can call and ask if they can reserve seats at o wonderous night instead? Probably not but never hurts to ask.

I can't wait to see that show....it is one of the main reasons we decided to do Seaworld for a couple of days!
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
kohlby
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this! When I emailed to ask them, they told me I had to call the number to find out. I don't understand why they didn't just tell me to wait a couple of days.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

We went on Thanksgiving day. We saw all the shows except for Miracles. By skipping that, we were able to wander around the Christmas booths, watch the Sea of Trees show and get a perfect seat for the ice show before the Shamu crowd came running over. I will say that if you have never seen Shamu, you shouldn't miss Miracles, but we have, and we enjoyed not fighting the crowds for a seat at the ice show.

Seaworld does Christmas so well. We enjoyed every show, even the Sesame Street one! The ice show is my favorite . I'm 51, and the costumes and the songs at the ice show remind me of the Christmas specials we used to see on tv, kind of like Andy Williams Christmas. :-)
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

I am thinking of going on friday, the 30th and was just coming to the boards to find out how long the shows were...and the answer was already here!

Do you hav enough time to get from show to show? Prior post mentions crowd coming over-I don't know how far apart things are, but the times do look close.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Miracles and the ice show are close to each other, so you do have time. You can get a better seat at the ice show if you have not done Miracles, but you can do both and still get a seat.

We were easily able to do them all, but we went on Thanksgiving day which we were told is not as crowded. Oh Wondrous Night is very popular, and the one that could mess you up for getting them all done. We walked in about 15 minutes early and got a very good seat, but on a busy day I would plan on getting there earlier to make sure you get in.
Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: