Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

Interview Questions for 3 DLP Entertainment Gurus

This weekend I will be interviewing three key members of the Disneyland Paris entertainment team and whole I have a bunch of questions to ask them I thought it would be a good idea to open it up to all of you to ask questions as well. I can't guarantee to ask all the questions, but I will do my best. The three DLP gurus are:

Vasile Sirli (Music Director) - check out his credits on the new CD alone: http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2012/08/24...land-paris-cd/ AND Tarzan!

Christophe Leclercq (Show Director) - the guy responsible for many shows/parades, not least of all Fantillusion and Christmas

Laurent Cayuela (Show Writer WDI France) - Stitch Live and Meet Mickey Mouse are just two of his accolades

If you Google these guys you'll see how much they've done and so the floor is open to you, ask away!

Now's your chance to ask questions of the people that make the magic happen!

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

What a lovely thing to do Steve - thank you for asking on here .

Few things spring to mind for me:

1) Will Fantillusion ever return to DLRP, if not, might there be the possibility of a new light show (coming from another park perhaps?) in the next summer season?

2) Why is there a lack of live shows & entertainment (ie bands) in the park these days? Might we see a return with new shows possibly anytime soon? (As an example, there isn't one live show during the Christmas season this year (suspect we know the answer to this one - ££££)).

3) When might we see a change to the Dreams programme - ie seasonal overlays?

4) Character meets - might there be an opportunity to provide more 'organised' meet and greets through the resort, specifically in lower season as well as higher season? For example - people on here mentioned having Tiana et al near the Molly Brown, Cinderella et al near Auberge, Belle near the Old Mill, Star Wars near Star Tours. Appreciate some of these happen from time to time but they don't seem regular enough.

5) Will the recent financial restructure ultimately allow DLRP a loosening of purse strings so that they can continue to bring first class entertainment like Dreams?

These questions might be total rubbish and not what you were looking for but they sprang to mind when I read your post .

I hope that you have a great time and I'm not at all jealous of you having an opportunity of a first peek at Christmas, as well as some time on your own over there to just do what you like! I am sure your DW and DS will be getting some lovely Christmas presents this year .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Do they have any advice for people who would like to work for Disney...?
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Do they have any advice for people who would like to work for Disney...?
Jenny - are you thinking of you or Isabelle?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Jenny - are you thinking of you or Isabelle?
Lol! If I had realised you could get a job working for Disney when I was at school I so would have done it! I want to be able to give Isabelle the best advice when she asks...

Their new topic at school is Toys and she was shown a flip book which has blown her mind! I can't wait to take her to Art of Animation now! She has already expressed an interest in working at DLP and would like to wear the Pirates costumes! Personally I would love her to be a Princess
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Lol! If I had realised you could get a job working for Disney when I was at school I so would have done it! I want to be able to give Isabelle the best advice when she asks...

Their new topic at school is Toys and she was shown a flip book which has blown her mind! I can't wait to take her to Art of Animation now! She has already expressed an interest in working at DLP and would like to wear the Pirates costumes! Personally I would love her to be a Princess
Oh bless. My DD1 wants to be an illustrator when she grows up . Failing that, she'd like to work in animation for Disney! I guess we'll see! She wanted to be a Princess when she was 3, then a fashion designer..... get the drift . DD2 wants to be a dentist and has done since she could first talk - I have two very different girls!

Anyway, back OT - there is a bit on DLRPMagic in their forum with advice about working for Disney, and posts from people going through the recruitment process etc. I've never taken much notice.... but it's there!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

Great questions - thanks! There will be some other people I can ask about jobs - any particular area of interest? :d

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpSteve View Post
Great questions - thanks! There will be some other people I can ask about jobs - any particular area of interest? :d
My Q was more a general "what route to take", "what experience to get", etc... I would imagine speaking at least one or two languages is a bonus at DLP for example.

Should they be on the lookout for an accountant though I can email them my CV! I would much rather be a princess though or maybe one of the villains - I bet they have more fun!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

It's very kind of you to give us this opportunity, Steve, thank you, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

What I'd like to know is who makes the decisions about which characters are seen at DLP? I'm thinking specifically of Marie from the Aristocats here - she is a regular at France in Epcot but very sadly not in real France!

And on what is the decision based? I'm thinking of Jiminy Cricket now - after nearly a decade of wishing (!) I finally met him at the Inventions Sunday Brunch. I understand he's a very rare character in the US parks as well as at DLP whereas I would have thought he would have been just as popular a character as Pinocchio or Gepetto, both of whom I seem to come across at just about every character meal we do at DLP!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Thats a great opportunity and thanks for asking us.

I really would like to know or wanted to say that the character meetings are very rude and tough these days. Specially for young kids which will be pushed around at this occasions.

The Rapunzel Meet & Greet was a good way to organize these meeting.

My question: Why not more of these "standing in line and waiting for a character" occasions?

Its more fun for everyone.

Thanks !

Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Wonderful opportunity - thank you.

My question concerns plans for the Captain EO building. IMHO CEO is dated, wastes far too much precious time with adverts/pre-show and is only open intermittently anyway. What are the plans for this entertainment opportunity?
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

One for Christophe Leclercq - Will we ever see Fantillusion again? Why was it withdrawn? And will anything replace it?

One for everyone - Do they plan on improving the guest experiance for character Meet & Greet's?

Have fun on your trip and don't forget to get the handbag!
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I hope I'm not too late Steve - my question would be why not use the area at the back of Frontierland more (ie where the Chaparral theatre and Santas grotto are).

Its a large area, and most of the year it lies unused - its a real shame.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I hope I'm not too late Steve - my question would be why not use the area at the back of Frontierland more (ie where the Chaparral theatre and Santas grotto are).

Its a large area, and most of the year it lies unused - its a real shame.
Bring back Woody's Round Up or similar - was our favourite meet & greet...!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

I'd like to know why they got rid of Woody's round up, loved the little photo shoot area with Stinky Pete and Bullseye.
So disappointed when we walked around there earlier this year to find it all closed up as was Minnie's cottage.

and I suppose one that comes up all the time, the likelihood of more live shows in the future? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to see 1 show of the same calibre as Lion King, Tarzan, Mickey's Winter Wonderland whether it's high or low season.

Enjoy your trip Steve
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: