Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #106
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Hmmm... why does the ME bus not go to POFQ and POR? Is that the norm? Seems like the same bus would go to both places since they are so close!

Beautiful room.

Very Strange that you didn't have any hand soap! It's definitely not the norm for the moderates. We had soap at CBR in '09 and CSR on our most recent trip!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #107
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

POFQ is one of my favorite resorts

The giant parade float heads creep me out too!

haha YAY EPCOT!!!!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Mrs T 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #108
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

HOORAY for arriving!!! Epcot!!! Can't wait!
Yikes... giant creepy parade head is creepy.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #109
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late! So happy I found you!! Funny and educational, that's why I love your TRs.

Cool banana facts.

Avocado is my favorite food group so you can be sure I will be checking out those egg rolls!!

Hahah on the animal cracker food review... very insightful, Wingnut!

Planty.

Oh... have wanted to tell you... I finally noticed blueberry boy when riding through The Land last month. You are right, he is a cutie!

Looking forward to more!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #110
amazingact21
Upendi

That cranberry muffin actually looked pretty good. Glad you were able to get some pastries in before the flight.

It seems weird that you didn't get any handsoap during the duration of your stay. I mean, I know they replace them every day in the values, so I'd think they'd do the same for sure in a moderate. Hmm, who knows....

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #111
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Subbing before I even finish your last TR. I am just that far behind.

Love the preflight pastries. I love me a chocolate croissant.

No hand soap? That's bizarre. I've stayed at POR and we didn't have that issue. The Mardi Gras decorations creep me out so I have no desire to stay at POFQ. Well, maybe a little desire, only because of the beignets.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #112
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
You are making me want to stay at POFQ!! It has been on the top of my list for Mods, but we never end up going there. Did you like going to the other resorts first? I kind of liked seeing some of the other resorts on our way to ours. Made it feel more real or something! I have never seen that entrance, but I have seen another one that looks JUST like the main entrance, but it's not the main entrance. We came that way when we drove. How many entrances are there, do you think?!?!? You rock, dropped your stuff and headed right to a park like a true Disney junkie. Can't wait to hear more!
It was interesting to see the other resorts first - I had never seen either before in person!! I'm not sure how many entrances there actually are - I'd only thought there was the one!

Hahaha can't waste time while the parks are waiting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Joining in
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Joining in! I'm hoping to stay at POFQ in April. You guys are just too darn cute! ^.^
Welcome!!! Hahaha thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Yippee! You're finally there!

I've never been that interested in staying at the POFQ, but I must say the rooms look pretty nice.

Now let's get to Epcot already!
We were going as fast as possible, don't worry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for a snack filled, hassle free flight to WDW!
My kind of flight exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
Great start to your trip

That Cranberry muffin looks really good

I have never stayed at POFQ before. Looks really nice Sorry to hear about no hand soap?

Can't wait to read more
It was pretty good, for not-yet-Disney-food!

It was really weird that we never got hand soap, I have to say!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #113
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Your first park was EPCOT?! Just kidding!

Happy First Engaged Thanksgiving!
LOL of course!!

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I love POFQ... but you are right- the parade thingees are creepy.

Happy Thanksgiving!
YES THEY ARE.

Thanks!! You too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
If there are two things I know will happen in one of your trip reports, those two things are: 1.) You will eat food. 2.) Wingnut will stick out his tongue.

Every time I see POFQ pictures I just want to stay there so badly! It's so beautiful, despite the horrendously creepy heads everywhere!
Hahahaha we are pretty predictable, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yes - it really IS all about food, isn't it? Bananas in the last post. Crumbly cranberry muffins in this post. When will it end?

That is the same entrance we had in June. It must be that whole DTD area. Boo!

The POFQ rooms are really pretty. I like! Was building 7 near the water. I love that walkway along the water. So pretty.

EPCOT!!!!!!!!!
Never!!!

It is a slightly lackluster entrance, compared with the arch!

Parts of it were closer to the water than our room actually was, but it was a really quick walk to get there either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
We are staying at POFQ for the first time in February and I can't wait!

Epcot is definately my favorite park. I happen to be a Figment fiend as well.

We ride it at least 4 times a trip.

And I will definately share some wedding pics.
Epcot is my favorite too!! Hahaha we are a multiple-Figment-riding group as well!

Awesome, can't wait to see them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Glad you are a nice uneventful trip down. Looking forward to reading about Epcot.
Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #114
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay for an update !! Looking forward to Epcot and more creepy parade head thingys.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you, too !!

Susan
Thanks!!! You too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Wow...two pastries while waiting for the plane. Color me impressed. Your room at POFQ looks lovely. I've always been curious about staying there, so I'm looking forward to hearing your overall opinions.

And..of course EPCOT!!!
Hahaha I waste no time when sweets are involved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I think I could have guessed that you would head directly to EPCOT!! I think I see a trip through Living with the Land in your future and the blueberry kid!

I completely endorse as many pastries as possible on vacation....sometimes a pancake or waffle cone get in the way but they are mostly sugar too so I suppose I'm stuck in the carbs food groups!

Glad to see Wingnut in fine form (and look, no blue tongue)!!
I think you might be psychic....

I really do eat way too many carbs on vacation too! It's too easy, with all of the cupcakes and Tonga Toast and other goodies!

Hahaha yes, he's always up to his usual antics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy Lover View Post
I'm going to come out of lurk-dom and officially follow your report...Your trips are just wonderful to read about - if fact I'm enjoying reading your 2010 report while listening to the You Tube channel that was linked in one of your updates (you know, the one with all the park music looped - it is just awesome)!

Can't wait for more... Including your wedding (even if it is months away)!
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!!

Aww thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Your photos have me missing POFQ. It's so calm and pretty there (floating heads not withstanding of course).

You got some good snacking in! and now you're headed to Epcot? What a wonderful snack filled day!
We ate a TON on this trip...I'm slightly embarrassed, looking back at all of my pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

Consuming multiple pastries in the morning always improves the day. I'm sure there must be scientific research proving that somewhere.

Loved the drive-by pics of Saratoga and Old Key West, and also the pics at Port Orleans - such a regal room!

ITA on the parade heads. I never like eating in Sassagoula - the giant grotesque heads always seem to be watching you. Creepy.
It really does!! I think that's an easy one to prove!

They were SUPER creepy, we ate once in Sassagoula and I felt like I was being stared at the entire time!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #115
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi Joining in here! I remember you from when I was more active on the boards, so I thought I would follow along. Your Fiance sounds hilarious and the two of you seem to compliment each other well. I love the banana trick! Planning a Disney wedding is so exciting!! DH and I did that 2 years ago - best day of my life. Looking forward to reading more!
Welcome!! Glad to have you here!!

Hahaha thank you!!! We are told that a lot!

That's so cool - I would love to see pictures from your wedding if you're willing to share them here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow... two food reviews... and you haven't even hit the parks yet

POFQ had a very romatic vibe to it...

Very nice for a couple wedding planning...

NOT Epcot...

I have that you and your FIANCE have a lovely Thanksgiving...
Hahaha yes, I waste no time when pastries are around!!

Hey!! Always Epcot!

Thanks!!! You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I thought I joined your new TR but I guess not! I do remember reading the first part of it when I was still on my trip but maybe I never subbed! Oh well, I'm here now!

Haha, you guys and your pastries, I love it!

POFQ looks adorable, but some of their decorations are a little creepy! I can't believe I was at POR for over a week and never made it over to POFQ once to check it out! I really love the look of the rooms there, I love purple!
Welcome!!! Hahaha glad to officially have you here!

Hahaha I'm not sure I can ever fly down to Disney without having at least 2 pastries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The excitement of the arrival!!!

Love this beautiful walk along the river!

When we stayed there, our room was right across from this fountain, close to the main building and food court - corner room, perfect location. We got lucky!
The first day is always so exciting!!!

That is a great location!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Hmmm... why does the ME bus not go to POFQ and POR? Is that the norm? Seems like the same bus would go to both places since they are so close!

Beautiful room.

Very Strange that you didn't have any hand soap! It's definitely not the norm for the moderates. We had soap at CBR in '09 and CSR on our most recent trip!
That is strange, I wondered that myself!

What?!? I really thought it might be the norm at the moderates, I guess just not for us then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
POFQ is one of my favorite resorts

The giant parade float heads creep me out too!

haha YAY EPCOT!!!!
Haha they are pretty creepy!!!

Epcot!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #116
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
HOORAY for arriving!!! Epcot!!! Can't wait!
Yikes... giant creepy parade head is creepy.
Epcot dance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sorry I'm late! So happy I found you!! Funny and educational, that's why I love your TRs.

Cool banana facts.

Avocado is my favorite food group so you can be sure I will be checking out those egg rolls!!

Hahah on the animal cracker food review... very insightful, Wingnut!

Planty.

Oh... have wanted to tell you... I finally noticed blueberry boy when riding through The Land last month. You are right, he is a cutie!

Looking forward to more!
You're not late, we're just getting started!!! Welcome!!

I have no idea why I said they were avocado eggrolls - they actually have no avocado in them!!! (I'm starting off my food reviews well, clearly!) But they are delicious!

Isn't Blueberry Boy so cute??? I love him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
That cranberry muffin actually looked pretty good. Glad you were able to get some pastries in before the flight.

It seems weird that you didn't get any handsoap during the duration of your stay. I mean, I know they replace them every day in the values, so I'd think they'd do the same for sure in a moderate. Hmm, who knows....
It was good!!

It really was weird! I guess they just didn't like us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Subbing before I even finish your last TR. I am just that far behind.

Love the preflight pastries. I love me a chocolate croissant.

No hand soap? That's bizarre. I've stayed at POR and we didn't have that issue. The Mardi Gras decorations creep me out so I have no desire to stay at POFQ. Well, maybe a little desire, only because of the beignets.
Welcome aboard!!! Glad to have you here!

Aren't chocolate croissants pretty much the most brilliant invention ever??

The hand soap situation was really strange!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #118
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh, Epcot, we love you! (Yes we do!)

When I last left you, we were heading to Epcot! (Of course!!)

We went first to pretty much Wingnut's favorite location on the planet: "The Soda Place".

He happily sampled the sodas, and I had my usual cup of Kinley (no, I don't even try the others anymore!).

We then headed out to enjoy the sights and sounds (and tastes!) of the Food and Wine Festival!!

I think I chose my "Watermelon Patch Camouflage" outfit pretty well, don't you?

And then a completely random couple came over and posed for a picture.

Just kidding...readers, meet my parents! (Those of you that read my "PTR" may remember that they were joining us for our trip...well actually more accurately, we were joining them on theirs - they had had their trip booked way before ours!)

They had just arrived that day as well, and since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, were at Epcot for their first park of the trip too.

We chatted for a bit, and then ventured off, they headed towards Canada, and we decided to take the Mexico route. We strolled along until a food booth piqued our interest, which, admittedly, did not take very long at all.

Here we have the Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce (2 of them actually, we're bad at sharing), and one Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket.

The beef was really good, surprisingly a nice portion-size. The Braai sauce had a little kick to it, which was especially good with the sweet potatoes. We loved this, and were glad DF had the forethought to order two of them!

The spinach and cheese pocket was also excellent, it had a nice crispy outside and was stuffed full of cheese and spinach. Wingnut talked about this for days afterwards.

We didn't want to eat too much at the booths, since we had a dinner ADR at Rose and Crown that evening, but we couldn't resist just one more booth for the day.

Here we chose to share the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll.

It was a bit tricky trying to juggle the camera and the food, so all you guys get is a pretty pathetic shot of it almost gone.

(I even tried to hold it at an angle where it would disguise how much I had already eaten. Because that clearly worked. )

Have I mentioned that I love Epcot? Because I really really do.

We stopped in Japan so DF could get a shirt that he had seen during our last trip that he really wanted (an old Godzilla print that I can't even begin to explain but believe me, he was thrilled with it) and he got me a little surprise while I was waiting for him to pay.

It's supposed to signify wisdom. I named him Hoot.

We then hung out and watched the drummers for a bit.

More Epcot scenery.

I know my photos don't really show it, but Epcot was pretty busy that day - this one shows the crowds more.

[
Everyone was sticking to the main path (closer to the eats!), so we took a break and looped around Canada.

I feel like I may have mentioned this recently, but I really do love Epcot.

***CONTINUED IN NEXT POST***

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 11-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #119
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh, Epcot, we love you! (Yes we do!) - Part 2

***CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST***

I told DF that there was supposedly a Festival Center, and so we decided to make the trek over to the old Wonders of Live Pavilion to check it out.

Wait, what??? Food Rocks is gone??? That's it. I'm out.

Okay, fine, yes, we stayed.

I really thought that an exhibit on chocolate had to have something awesome in it. Like free chocolate.

While there were no chocolate samples to be found, these were pretty awesome.

I especially loved this one:

We then walked around the rest of the Festival Center, which admittedly wasn't really that fun unless you wanted to look at chocolate, buy merchandise, or purchase Cutco knives. (They had a booth front and center.)

And so soon we were back out in the Florida sunshine, and happened upon these lively chefs.

The Jamminators had added a F&W twist to their routine!

Why yes, he was wearing spatula bling while rapping .

And it was awesome.

Last edited by Stringbean&Wingnut; 11-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #120
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I love Epcot, too !! I mean, what is not to love about it ??

We had an empty water bottle when we went to Club Cool and we filled it up with the Chine soda for DD. Breakin'the law .... We used the little cups to fill it up, we didn't stick the used bottle in there. And I tried Beverly and I gotta say, it wasn't as awful as people say it is. Not the best taste mind you, but not too bad.

Love your little owl !! He's cute. I would love to see your DF's poster !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: